PDA

View Full Version : What Is This Model Holding...?

SiNNiX
25-08-2010, 02:14
I've always wondered what it is this guy is holding. I have the model, and the staff thing he's holding just kinda abruptly ends at the tip... kinda weird. Anyone know what this is supposed to be? Hardly a great weapon if you ask me.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440054a&prodId=prod780856

librisrouge
25-08-2010, 02:17
That is a rune staff, where he places all of his nifty anti-magic runes that he uses to ruin (pun, hehe) spellcaster's days. If you want it to be a Great Weapon, place an axe or hammer head on one end.

Wise Guy Sam
25-08-2010, 03:10
That is a rune staff, where he places all of his nifty anti-magic runes that he uses to ruin (pun, hehe) spellcaster's days. If you want it to be a Great Weapon, place an axe or hammer head on one end.

He has GW on his back. No harm in having 2 though.

Necrothrall
25-08-2010, 06:32
I've always thought that model looks like he's about to unblock a sink, a bit of greenstuff on the end of his rune staff and he's got a runic plunger

Esco Thomson
25-08-2010, 07:14
It's a runic didgeridoo, of course! He sometimes has bong jams with Brandon Boyd of Incubus fame.

ftayl5
25-08-2010, 07:23
Yeah it's a runic staff but it looks like his trying to stab someone with it. And it looks very blunt.

DarkstarSabre
25-08-2010, 07:39
It's a runic staff. I always thought the model was holding it up as though about to slam it down and activate a rune of spellbreaking and ruin some caster's day.

Gekiganger
25-08-2010, 08:25
Always just thought it was about to be thrust down in front of him, probably to stove someones head in. It's as much a great weapon as any other is, being hit by a giant metal mace-staff will hurt.

Slowpoke
25-08-2010, 09:07
It's a stamp. He's about to smack a wizards forehead with it leaving a red mark with the word "No".

Tymell
25-08-2010, 09:18
I always felt that one looked a bit odd: to me it conjures up images of a cartoon character swinging his axe back, only for the blade/head to fall off behind him :D

But yeah, runic staff of some description I'd say.

DarkstarSabre
25-08-2010, 09:21
All I say is picture Don Blake smacking the stick down to become Thor.

Slam. KRAKOOM! Dispel the spell.

Nocculum
25-08-2010, 11:51
It's a stamp. He's about to smack a wizards forehead with it leaving a red mark with the word "No".

Rofl, oh the conversion ideas this has given me :shifty::evilgrin:

dragonet111
25-08-2010, 12:08

IIRC in White Dwarf when they release the latest dwarf army book and that model they said it was a stamp, a tool use to "brand" rune like the tool used on animals or slaves

shredshredxx
26-08-2010, 07:14

YES!!

this is the best answer on warseer. well played, slowpoke. well played.

Slowpoke
26-08-2010, 11:02

YES!!

this is the best answer on warseer. well played, slowpoke. well played.

Thank you, good sir :D

Haravikk
26-08-2010, 12:01
This is the Runesmith model that I have; I bought it thinking the staff was the handle for the great weapon and you just couldn't see the weapon itself, which was a bit foolish. The great weapon that he does have is a bit naff when you compare it to the great weapon wielded by the ironclad lord (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440054a&prodId=prod780844) or Ming the Merciless the Master Engineer (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440054a&prodId=prod780870), both of which I have as a well :)

I do however still like the model, and it ranks up really nicely compared to 99% of the other Dwarf characters that spill out in all directions :D

Think I might nab this Runesmith/Runelord (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440054a&prodId=prod780857) model at some point as well though, as it's pretty cool. Though I do tend to use my Runesmiths very offensively so Great Weapons are a big help.