PDA

View Full Version : 3000 point empire rieksguard knight horde

VetSgtSchaeffer
25-08-2010, 03:44
3000 points. I want to use KurtHelborg in a fluffy unconventional list please give me any tips comments to help me make this work.

Kurt Helborg(with Knight Horde)

Arch Lector- war altar, armor of meteric iron, dawnstone, van horstmans speculum, sword of striking

WarriorPriest- Helm of the Ratslayer, shield+heavy armor, warhorse+barding(with Knight Horde)

WarriorPriest- Enchanted Shield, heavy armor, warhorse+barding(with Knights)

WarriorPriest- Dragonhelm, shield+heavy armor(with greatswords)

Captain- standard, ironcurse icon, 4+ ward talisman, warhorse+barding(with Knight Horde)

knights- fc, x27, strider banner

knights- fc, x11, flaming banner

greatswords- fc, x20

steam tank

steam tank

I plan on running the knights in a horde with Kurt, WP, and the standard bearer in the middle, most people wont see a hord of rieksguard coming. The Stanks will protect the large flank of the horde. The arch lector can move behind the knights in reserve. The greatswords can hold buildings or objectives. The smaller group of knights can hunt wizards, warmachines, monsters and exposed flanks. I dont like that I have no dispel scrolls but I hope to get the knights or stanks stuck in quick using the war altar and timewarp. I know it will get raped by lore of metal and some matchups but I am hopeing to be competitive with the blitzkrieg most of the time. Any thoughts or tips?

Walls
25-08-2010, 08:36
Oh, they'll see it coming alright! You can never hide 30 knights!

You are going to have a huge problem with terrain. One piece of impassable and you're screwed. One big forest? How many knights are you willing to sacrifice?

Tykinkuula
25-08-2010, 12:29
I can't see this working. I really can't. One failed panic test, one unbreakable unit, one good shot with a stone throver, one lore of metal magic phase, one dangerous terrain test, etc. etc. and It's all in ruins. Huge units are a bad idea unless you can have several of them.

VetSgtSchaeffer
25-08-2010, 16:29
I just refined the list and added the strider banner on the knight horde. I also gave the BSB a ward save talisman so barring spells I think I addresed most of the issues the list had.

thesheriff
25-08-2010, 18:00
The only way you are gonna keep those knights ticking over is 1-2 wizards with lore of life. Regrowth galore, flesh to stone as well. But, investing so many pts in a unit that can die to so much, regardless of armour is a big risk. I would have an extra unit of 10 and a unit of 15, rather than one unit of 27. The strider banner helps, and you do have some decent magic defense. and it would be fun to play

I'm a bit divided, but its quite good overall.

thesheriff

zanzibar
25-08-2010, 23:23
I agree with the sheriff on this one, i would also re-consider your swordsmen detachment as 10 is not enough these days. It's a brave list and i wish you the best of luck! This could work well but one level 4 lore of metal wizard and i see alot of trouble.
Also get rid of huss and get a regular warrior priest with the same equipment, fear is not as good as it once was and huss is not worth 180 pts.
Try an arch lector on barded warhorse, great weapon, heavy armour, you are still under 180 pts.
Zan

papabearshane
26-08-2010, 01:28
Id seperate the knights into 2 20 man units thats still alot of hittyness and twice the ouch factor...............I dont see where the arch lector fits into the fluffy theam of the list add more Great Swords and loose a stank for even more of them...........

3 blocks of 30 GSs
2 Blocks of 20 Knights

thats one hellof a Reiksguard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VetSgtSchaeffer
26-08-2010, 02:58
I want the arch lector so I get to use the war altar for the light spells, If I was sure to get the spells I wanted I would use a lv4 wizard. Ithink the arch lector is more fitting in the list also. After rereading the armybook it appears that the prayers cant be used on the steam tanks which would definately make me rethink things. My plan was to overload the enemy with high army fast cc units so minus a metal wizard I could smash them apart but if I cant support the tanks without a life wizard it changes things.

thesheriff
26-08-2010, 10:25
Noticing the detatchments, you should either get rid of them for a lv.2 life wizard on horse with a scroll, or make them inot a unit of 14, so they can take more than one casualty and still break ranks.

VetSgtSchaeffer
26-08-2010, 19:57
I tweaked the list a bit, dropped Luthor Huss and the detachments but was able to add a WP so now I will get 5 extra dispel dice which will hopefully mitigate some pain for my knights and having hatred in all of my blocks will give them some punch. Like I said If I come up against a metal wizard I will be screwed but I am willing to take the chance as long as I am competitive against other matchups.

Jericho
27-08-2010, 21:28
I'd add a single mage instead of another Priest. Getting a +2 to dispel rolls > 1 extra DD.

Lore of Beasts could be fun! Or Shadow to debuff the enemy a bit and help your chances of steamrolling.

VetSgtSchaeffer
29-08-2010, 08:42
Anyone with any input on the rieksguard horde?

thesheriff
29-08-2010, 10:38
I'd add a single mage instead of another Priest. Getting a +2 to dispel rolls > 1 extra DD.

Lore of Beasts could be fun! Or Shadow to debuff the enemy a bit and help your chances of steamrolling.

Theres some pretty good imput there. A lv.2 with life will keep you ticking over, shadow will soften the unit your about to crash into, or beasts to pimp yourself prior to a prolonged combat.