PDA

View Full Version : Meganob weapons?

Covering Fire
25-08-2010, 08:37
Don't know if this is the right place, but here goes.

On the GW online store there's currently only two Meganobz - Kombi Shoota-Rokkit Launcher and Kombi Shoota-Skorcha.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1620121&prodId=prod1060138

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1620121&prodId=prod1060139

There used to be one with a Twin-linked Shoota arm as well. Does anyone know if this is out of production?:confused:

Forgot to add: You can see the shoota arm in question in my painting log (link below). I have one Meganob in my collection and that is the one with the Twin-linked shoota arm.

Ulrig
25-08-2010, 09:02
I know what meganob you ar talking about, I have 3. All of them purchased at my LGS. They changed the face jaw plate on this model to match the new ones. I *Think* that this is a direct order or something. Because the ones I purchased were new (no discoloration etc etc) blisters and they were not up on the GW site then either.

marv335
25-08-2010, 09:23
I've got 4 of the TL shoota Meganobs, I've been looking for more, and I was told they were out of production.
Game wise, I find the skorcha armed MN are better though.

ChrisMurray
25-08-2010, 11:38
I have one or two, got them from my local GW. I've also soon several in my LGS. I've never seen them on the GW site but then I have only been looking on there at ork stuff the last year or two.

Born Again
25-08-2010, 11:50
Why would they discontinue one model, but keep the other two? Doesn't really make sense to me.

the1stpip
25-08-2010, 17:56
Maybe the mould deterioated.

Or maybe they have some new ones in the pipeline.

09Project
25-08-2010, 18:01
I picked up 2 at GW edinburgh the other week. They are still turning up in shop but can't be ordered specifically. It a game of pot luck.

Strange world gw has

Covering Fire
25-08-2010, 20:30
Based on what others have said here it seems like the Twin-linked shoota nob is still around but you obviously can't order it from GW. Sigh...:rolleyes:

A lot of the independent online retailers i have visited today has the Meganobz in their store but it just says you'll get a random model when you order one.

Malorian
25-08-2010, 20:34

I would think that it was most popular and ran out first, and then they didn't make more.

I mean really, even if it is the most popular one it's not like they are flying off the shelves or anything, so as long as something is available they might be holding back until people buy up the other type or until new ones are released.

09Project
25-08-2010, 21:02
I would think that it was most popular and ran out first, and then they didn't make more.

I mean really, even if it is the most popular one it's not like they are flying off the shelves or anything, so as long as something is available they might be holding back until people buy up the other type or until new ones are released.

The weirdest thing has to be though, that if shop A ran out tomorrow and ordered more to sell in shop they could well get one or two Meganobs with twin linked shoota.

My only explanation would be, GW have 'some' left but want to stretch them out. Arguably until replacement

misterboff
26-08-2010, 00:10
The Nob's Shoota arm from the Boyz kit (the straight arm the Nob on the front of the box has) kinda looks twin-linked, so you could probably kit-bash something if hunting the official model down becomes a pain. I'm sure most Ork players will have a few in their bitz box.

I think the TL-Shoota has been 'out of stock' for a few years now, as I remember looking in several GW stores around the time of Apocalypse (late 2007) before I found one.

misterboff

Born Again
26-08-2010, 05:06

I thought of both of those, but I assumed that all 3 would be in a single large mould together. Maybe that's not how they do things, though.

New ones have been rumoured (read: wishlisted) for some time, but I didn't want to be responsible for starting the internet transformation of speculation in to fact :D

Covering Fire
26-08-2010, 13:44
I e-mailed GW and asked about it. I'll post the reply here if I get one.

Earthbeard
26-08-2010, 14:19
Not so long ago, all three models somehow ended up priced differently too, the combi shoota was the cheapest, with combi-rocket being the most expensive. I'm talking 1.50 in price difference here, then they switched back to same pricing for all and the combi-shoota vanished.

it's odd is what it is.

ED-209b
26-08-2010, 14:20
Always thought these would be perfect candidates for FW to produce, assuming GW isn't currently making any new plastics. I'd buy a shedload if they did either :)