PDA

View Full Version : 2500 point Cathay list (using empire book)

The_Admiral_V77H
25-08-2010, 12:53
This List is designed to be based as a fluffy army; an expeditionary fleet from Far Cathay, and as such it is based around ancient china's fighting style towards the 12th century.

I am interested in what you think of this, both list-wise and fluff-wise and am open to suggestions.
Imagine the terracotta army but alive and in colour...on a boat

Lord-General of the empire "Admiral Jin Huang" shield, Hammer of Judgment, Dawn Armour, the white Cloak, ironcurse icon-183 pts
(4+ re-rollable a.save, 5+ ward(2+ when hit with a flaming attack),
Enemy hit must pass a toughness test or take a wound. Then combat is worked out as normal.)

Hero-Warrior priest "Wu-Fa Kashi" Sword of Fate, Dragon helm, Heavy Armour. -144pts
(2+to hit one enemy model with no a. saves and D3 wounds.)
Hero-Battle Wizard "Li Hra"lvl2, lore of light; rod of power.
-130 pts
Hero-Battle Wizard "Mulan Shiang"lvl2,Lore of Shadow; Tricksters shard
-125 pts
Hero-Captain of the empire "Captain Sai Jan", BSB, full plate armour, Griffon Standard-138 pts

Core-25 Flagelants;with champion-260 pts
Core-Green Banner Army-291pts
-35 halberdiers with command-195pts
-12 Crossbowmen detatchment-96pts
Core-Red Banner Army-291pts
-35 halberdiers with command-195pts
-12 Crossbowmen detatchment-96pts
Core-30 Free Company with command "the mercenaries" -170pts

Special-29 Greatswords "Blue Dragon Guard" with command
-320 pts
Detatchment-15 Rattan Shields(swordsmen) - 95pts
Special-Great Cannon "Old Man Mu-Shu"-100 pts

Rare-Helstorm Rocket battery -115 pts
Rare-Helstorm Rocket battery -115 pts

Total 2498pts

Spiney Norman
25-08-2010, 13:13
I like it, nice theme

Ok, to business

Is there any reason why your 4 spare points can't be used to buy the General a shield?

If it were me I'd want slightly larger core troop blocks, I think you could skim 10 men off the Free company unit and add 5 to each of the Halberdiers/Spearmen.

Remember if you go with halberdiers shields are a waste of points because they can't use them at all in combat. see if you find other creative ways to boost you halberdier numbers, the 40 man halb horde is a great unit for me.

You're taking a slight risk with the BSB as he's a bit light on defense, but theres no real alternative if you want the griffon banner. Which unit will he be joining incidentally?

Spiney Norman
25-08-2010, 13:23
I like it, nice theme

Ok, to business

Is there any reason why your 4 spare points can't be used to buy the General a shield?

If it were me I'd want slightly larger core troop blocks, I think you could skim 10 men off the Free company unit and add 5 to each of the Halberdiers/Spearmen.

Remember if you go with halberdiers shields are a waste of points because they can't use them at all in combat. see if you find other creative ways to boost you halberdier numbers, the 40 man halb horde is a great unit for me.

You're taking a slight risk with the BSB as he's a bit light on defense, but theres no real alternative if you want the griffon banner. Which unit will he be joining incidentally?

The_Admiral_V77H
25-08-2010, 13:28
the BSB is with the great swords along with the general... and ill cut 10 mercs and add 10 spearmen.
thanks. =)

The_Admiral_V77H
25-08-2010, 13:32
sorry, i forgot the fanatics

frest
25-08-2010, 14:46
29 Greatswords = 290 points, Full command is 30 points, so 320 points total. You have 378 for some reason

I don't care for the 50 free company, maybe drop it to 30 and use the points to beef up your state troop blocks, or maybe grab an engineer to man your battery of rockets. I'm sure they didn't just leave it up to the peasants to figure that stuff out

eyescrossed
25-08-2010, 22:59
By Fanatics I assume you mean Flagellents, and not spinning Goblins on mushrooms.

I like it, though. I echo putting a shield on your General for a tad more protection, but otherwise I think it's pretty good. Maybe get a tiny bit more State Troops somehow.

The_Admiral_V77H
25-08-2010, 23:16
29 Greatswords = 290 points, Full command is 30 points, so 320 points total. You have 378 for some reason

I don't care for the 50 free company, maybe drop it to 30 and use the points to beef up your state troop blocks, or maybe grab an engineer to man your battery of rockets. I'm sure they didn't just leave it up to the peasants to figure that stuff out

damn, i made that list while i was a little tired... i calculated them at 12 pts each...
the halberdiers/spearmen have been increased to 30 men each