PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen Chariots

Bakdoi
25-08-2010, 12:42
Was wondering how people are doing vs. these when they are army heavy. I have started to gear my army in this direction as most beastmen are so slow when striking or have trouble getting to the other side in tact when their looking at gunlines. The combo which I have enjoyed is in a 2000 pt army taking 23 chariots with a bray shaman loaded in one as well and give him the bound spell to move the army forward which would put them all in striking range. There will be some things out there that are hard to kill granted but with army's ranged units only able to target one at a time there will be a few more that make it or so I have seen so far.

Malladorin
25-08-2010, 12:50
How did that list work out for you? I'm having trouble imagining how 23 chariots, no bsb and 1 shaman would actually fare. My instinct is 'not well' but I could easily be wrong about that.

Bakdoi
25-08-2010, 13:04
The lack of BSB hurt as I lost 4 chariots from the front lines when I started to get shot but 3 of them came back before hitting table edge which made for a good second wave vs he HE greatswords. When I hit his lines with 3d6 S5 hits on each unit it was like a steamtank going through. With the army at I3 the 4+ armor save is all the held me there for a while when I didnt kill his units outright.

jmcg1989
25-08-2010, 13:13
Was wondering how people are doing vs. these when they are army heavy. I have started to gear my army in this direction as most beastmen are so slow when striking or have trouble getting to the other side in tact when their looking at gunlines. The combo which I have enjoyed is in a 2000 pt army taking 23 chariots with a bray shaman loaded in one as well and give him the bound spell to move the army forward which would put them all in striking range. There will be some things out there that are hard to kill granted but with army's ranged units only able to target one at a time there will be a few more that make it or so I have seen so far.

the item which lets you use bestial surge on every unit within 36" is only available to a beastlord or wargor

9Niels
25-08-2010, 13:28
23 chariots? Where did you get those? O-o

Bakdoi
25-08-2010, 13:48
I had to proxy in tomb kings along with my own. I hate the Beastmen ones. They are a new army and yet still medal? FML why cant they just make plastic.

lcfr
25-08-2010, 23:35
23? Really?

Are you having fun? 'Cus I don't know if I would even call 23 chariots Warhammer anymore. I'm serious: how do all these chariots deal with warmachines, Steadfast, Dangerous Terrain tests, your lone character's extreme vulnerability, etc. ?

No offense, but why not cut the chariots down to...oh....even 8? And you still have over 1k that you can put towards fielding an actual army.

sulla
26-08-2010, 07:18
Dangerous terrain is not the big worry it was in previous editions. A 1 in 3 chance of taking damage is much better than the 100% chance before.

As for steadfast, the goal is to do so much damage that the enemy don't have ranks.

But that aside, 23 chariots is a fairly ******* play IMO. At the very least, play characters in chariots to give the opposition something to shoot at. At least it's an autoloss in 2 out of 6 scenarios, I suppose.

orcs of fire
26-08-2010, 09:15
TBH, I like the idea of 23 chariots.

It's not hard to get rid of a few with shooting and if the chariots don't break the enemy on the charge then it's going to be a hard slog to turn 6. It would require some nifty manouvering what with all the chariots and definately isn't just a 'charge forwards and kill everything' sort of army.

Makaber
26-08-2010, 10:42
If you roll for scenarios like you are supposed to, there's a 1/3 chance you're going to pretty much lose outright, since you don't have any banners and are incapable of attacking buildings.

sulla
27-08-2010, 09:41
Pretty sure I said that 2 posts above you...