PDA

View Full Version : Death Korp of Kreig Questions

Popsical
25-08-2010, 21:01
In the latest korp pdf the HVY supp medusa/earthshaker entry states you can have a trojan free with each one, refer to IA1 for pts.
Is this a typo or what, as its a bit contradictory.
Also the bombard can have a trojan free refer to IA1 and trailer.
How do we get hold of the trailer now FW dont seem to catalogue it?

By the way i know the FAQ has changed the IA1 bit to IAA2 :)

OOps wrong section of forum mods sorry

iamjack42
25-08-2010, 21:02
In the latest korp pdf the HVY supp medusa/earthshaker entry states you can have a trojan free with each one, refer to IA1 for pts.
Is this a typo or what, as its a bit contradictory.
Also the bombard can have a trojan free refer to IA1 and trailer.
How do we get hold of the trailer now FW dont seem to catalogue it?

By the way i know the FAQ has changed the IA1 bit to IAA2 :)

wrong forum.

silentsmoke
26-08-2010, 09:34
The free Trojan is not a typo, it is free for those type of units.

goof1972
26-08-2010, 13:03
From a gaming perspective...anybody found a use for them? Their ability to move the immobile platforms are not that useful in a regular 40K game.

Perhaps used as cover for artillery platform? It gives a kill point if destroyed...but in objective-based games, you can shove them in front gun to give it a cover save?

Col. Dash
26-08-2010, 13:05
You named about the only thing I can think of. I stick to motorized artillery for that reason along with bunkered or hidden heavy mortars.

goof1972
26-08-2010, 13:10
The Trojan comes with a Heavy Bolter. But they will have to shoot at the same target as the artillery gun it came with :(

Bunnahabhain
26-08-2010, 15:09
The Trojan comes with a Heavy Bolter. But they will have to shoot at the same target as the artillery gun it came with :(

You sure about that? Barring some odd special rule ( which I can't see in the PDF or IA1), that would only be true if the Trojan and gun were one unit. Given the trojan can move away independently, and it is worth a KP, it seems to be a separate unit, same as a squad and dedicated transport...

MegaPope
26-08-2010, 18:55
The Trojan is a dedicated transport for a towed artillery gun. So it can act independently. Otherwise, to use a more common example, you'd have SM Rhinos having to shoot at the same target as the Devastator squad they were carting around...