PDA

View Full Version : Fun Wood Elf Army

jdunn
25-08-2010, 21:14
this is an idea i had for a fun to play wood elf list with lots of flyers

Lords
Wood elf Highborn 553
Forest dragon, Light armor, Lamentations, Starfire arrows, Bow of Loren

Goes to the rear of the first enemu unit it can see, then shoots and charges next turn
Total lords: 553

Heros

Noble 157
Light armor, Great Eagle, Spear of Twilight,

Goes with a unit of warhawks, shoots, charges, carnage ensues hopefully.

Spellsinger 210
Lv 2, Glamourweave, Unicorn

Goes with unit of wild riders and casts protective spells, havent settled on a lore yet though.

Total Heros: 367

Core

8x Glade Riders 228
Full C

8x Glade Riders 228
Full C

8x Glade Riders 228
Full C

The idea of these units is to charge forward through woods for cover, then as i near the enemy abuse Fast Cavalry to reform at their flank and charge!

Total Core: 684

Special

3x Warhawk Riders 140
Wind Rider

3x Warhawk Riders 140
Wind Rider

3x Warhawk Riders 140
Wind Rider

Hopefully, the dragon and the horse units draw most of the enemies attention and these will be able to advance unhindered, where they will work as a group to all attack the same unit then move on.

10x Wild Riders 296
Full Command

Basically, i want my Spellsinger to be buffing this unit as it charges pell-mell across the field until so that the rest of the army will live until they get into the ideal range.

Great Eagles x15 750

at 50pts a model, the Great Eagle is a greatly underestimated creature in fantasy, and these eagles will charge quickly across the battle field and work probably in groups of 3s to isolate and destroy an enemy unit one at a time.

Please dont hate me if i completely butchered the 8th ed rules, i haven't played enough games of it yet to fully understand the army list guidelines.

cyberspite
25-08-2010, 23:39
Erm, yeah why not? It will certainly look awesome.

You seriously aren't planning on buying 15 GW eagles though are you? :eek:

jdunn
26-08-2010, 00:54
lol no i found bases from a friend and the eagles i got for cheap from another wargaming company. just some pinning work to be done and i'm in buisness!

cyberspite
26-08-2010, 10:16
Well good luck, if you can get into flanks and behind stuff you should do OK. There's not a lot of survivability but you do have a lot of units and the eagles can only be shot at 1 at a time. It is slightly over 3k though I think, so you might have to drop a few.

thesheriff
26-08-2010, 10:30
On the choice of lore for a spellsinger, you could have athel loren, or athel loren, or maybe athel loren. It's the only one they can take.

And, you cant do eagle horde. You can only duplicate rare choices at 3k 4 times. Unless your a highelf :p. so, unlucky.

sorry to be a killjoy.

thesheriff

jdunn
26-08-2010, 16:44
oh well damn what am i gonna do with all these eagles!!!!!!

DisasterMaster
26-08-2010, 18:00
I wish I could write up an eshin themed skaven army and we could have a manouver-off battle of awesome...

Warboss Doink
27-08-2010, 10:09
Heros

Noble 157
Light armor, Great Eagle, Spear of Twilight,

Goes with a unit of warhawks, shoots, charges, carnage ensues hopefully.

I thought this wasn't legal in 8th anymore (joining warhawk units).

thesheriff
27-08-2010, 11:41
oh well damn what am i gonna do with all these eagles!!!!!!

High elf army, the cool griffon guy out of IOB, some griffon charecters, amybe some dragon mages, and as many eagles as you can get. No warhawks unfortunatly :cries: