PDA

View Full Version : WOC 2500 tourney

Mooseman007
26-08-2010, 01:08
WOC 2500

Sorcerer Lord – level 4, Infernal Puppet, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Talisman of Preservation, Conjoined Homunculus – 395

Exalted hero, BSB, halberd, , MOT, Armor of Destiny- 204

5 Chaos Warhounds – 30

5 Chaos Warhounds – 30

5 Chaos Warhounds - 30

15 Chaos Warriors – extra hand weapon, Banner of Rage, musician – 293

15 Chaos Warriors – shields, banner, musician, MOT, Rapturous Standard– 298

30 Chaos Marauders – MOK, flails, banner, musician- 192

30 Chaos Marauders – light armor , MOT, shields, banner, musician - 212

Marauder Horsemen –throwing spears- 70

Marauder Horsemen –throwing spears, light armor– 75

Chaos Chariot - 120

Chaos Chariot – 120

Giant -225

Hellcannon- 205

randomkrazy
28-08-2010, 04:57
I like the list, very threatening!

One thing I've been doing is running the marauders in bigger blocks and in hordes. 40-50 Is what I run, and it works well even if they got shot up. They can reform and get pretty much endless steadfast. Making them that big will make lesser opponents focus fire on them which is fine because you only lose roughly 5 points a model vs losing a giant or knights.

Also I've been running Warriors in units of 18 or 3x6. If you have a character you can put with the unit I make them 17 (so save points) and just add the character to get 3 ranks of 6.

How are you using the Marauder Horsemen. I haven't been using them lately as they seem to bounce off units. They aren't packing enough punch for me for their point cost.

Also on the unit of Warriors with the Banner of Rage, depending on what kind of opponent you are playing (base toughness) you might wanna consider halberds instead of extra hand weapon because halberds w/ the Banner of Rage is working wonders for me.

frapermax
28-08-2010, 22:09
I like this list because of the possibilities you get while deploying. I would use lore of shadow with this (if possible in this setup). All the debuffs are great and easy to cast and you could have a go at the Mindrazor when needed.
Maybe you could squeeze in a Warshrine by taking out 1 chariot and find 10 extra points, but that's more a question of playing style I guess.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
28-08-2010, 22:37
Yeah I like the list, very nice. The only things I would change is get halberds on the rage warriors instead of hand weapons, they are better against all but T2 and T3 no armour.

I would also either swap out the giant or drop a unit of hounds and get another 10pts to give him slaanesh, then he can really go monster hunting.