PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elves 2250

drmckool
26-08-2010, 06:42
Hello I am thinking of starting a DE army and have come up (with some liberal assistance from other lists posted on the internet) with a first try list. i want to come up with my list before i go out and get models so i know what i need to get and so there is a sense of order to it. so without any further delays... please rip it apart and tell me why you did so

Dark Elves 2247

Lords

Supreme Sorceress 330
Lvl4
Pendant
Ring of Hotek
Lore of Death

Heroes

Sorceress 160
lvl2
Dispell scroll
Lore of Shadows

Master 155
BSB
Dawnstone
Armour of Darkness

Core

14 RxB 159
Musician
Standard

14 RxB 159
Musician
Standard

14 RxB 159
Musician
Standard

35 Warriors 285
Shields
Full command
warbanner

Special

20 Black Guard 330
Full Command
Hag Greif

5 Shades 80

5 Shades 80

Rare

Hydra 175

Hydra 175

tmarichards
26-08-2010, 11:41
Right, get the Ring of Hotek off your level 4 NOW! Otherwise, everytime she rolls a double she'll have to roll on the miscast table. She'd also be good on a Pegasus.

Looking at the Black Guard, I get my usual reaction to people putting the ASF banner on an I6 unit that gets re-rolls in every round of combat:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! SO UNNECESSARY!

Banner of Murder, on the otherhand, is awesome on them. You could also drop up to 6 to free up points and they'd still be awesome.

Personally, I think the best BSB going for Dark Elves now is the Death Hag on Cauldron. 18" re-rolls? Yes please...

Shades could do with additional hand weapons, and bumping the up to 7 wouldn't be a bad idea.

drmckool
26-08-2010, 16:29
thank you very much for the suggestions. as the points levels go up i am planning on adding a Cauldron as my next unit.

here is my amended list based on some of your suggestions. i kept the black guard at the same number just because i only have 2 dedicated CC units (not including the hydras). though i might take out a unit of RXB and replace them with corsairs or more Spearmen if neccessary.

Dark Elves 2247

Lords

Supreme Sorceress 330
Lvl4
Pendant
Dark star cloak
Lore of Death

Heroes

Sorceress 160
lvl2
Dispell scroll
Lore of Shadows

Master 155
BSB
Dawnstone
Armour of Darkness

Core

14 RxB 159
Musician
Standard

14 RxB 159
Musician
Standard

14 RxB 159
Musician
Standard

35 Warriors 285
Shields
Full command
warbanner

Special

20 Black Guard 320
Full Command
Banner of Murder

5 Shades 85
Additional HW

5 Shades 85
Additional HW

Rare

Hydra 175

Hydra 175

tmarichards
26-08-2010, 22:58
My only worry is what if you come up agianst a lot of knights or a Steam Tank? My suggestion would be to take the level 2 on Lore of Metal, as the signature spell is great for gettig rid of these. I know that Mindrazor would help, but first you have to roll it, then meet the casting value, which will require a lot of dice, and then your opponent has to let it off. IMO, powering a fair few dice through even the smaller Searing Doom will quickly neutralise a Tank. Please note, that's just my opinion not my experience. If anyone has a better way to get rid of a Steam Tank with Dark Elves please let me know!

meneroth
27-08-2010, 00:27
personally i take the tome of furion over the dark star cloak, the extra spell is valuable in that it almost assures you roll double, allowing you to choose whatever spell on the list (like mindrazor).

I would try and pick up at least one bolt thrower, if your going with what seems like a shooty/magic list. its your call though. i just find that xbows dont really do much against t4 opponents, they really need their bigger cousins to support them.

lomore
27-08-2010, 13:37
I suggest you make 1 bigger unit of shades (8?), instead than 2 small ones.
A nice way to gear the Master BSB is Heavy Armour+Cloak+Shield+Helm of dragon+Dragon Egg.
Instead than 1+(reroll) you get 2+, toughness 6 once and dragon breath, plus 2+ vs fire and 6+ parry save.

I never leave home without 3 big infantry units, but that's just me probably. (I use a similar list, but just 1x 18 crossbow with champion and shield that i can use as flankers too and one more spearmen unit for the supreme sorceress with sacrificial dagger)

Uriain
01-09-2010, 04:02
I have to agree with Lomore. I run a a block of 34 Spearmen, 19 Crossbowmen, 12 Crossbow men, and 2 units of 5 harpies as my core. My Supreme Sorc goes in the 19, and my Dreadlord goes in the Spearmen.

Ofcourse I take the folding tower on my lord cause its funny so have all of your guys shoot from one point on the tower through a narrow alleyway and wipe a unit in 2 turns of shooting (go fire magic XD)

Valek
01-09-2010, 09:58
nice list, something to consider, but the standards of the small units rcb, they dont need it, cut 2 blackguard and get the banner of murder of.
Then change the BSB to a cauldron Bsb, it will bring a lot more to your units, giving KB where you want or that extra attack or 5+ save for your BG as they will get targetted fast. not even thinking about giving a unit extra attacks and adding mindrazor in the mix...