PDA

View Full Version : 3K Empire for general play

KHolbourn
26-08-2010, 10:21
Hey all.

Was looking to come up with a flexible and "fluffy" 3K list for general play and that would be hard enough to give most people a run for their money...

Lector w/War Altar, AoMI, VHS, Hammer of Might
Wizard Lord w/Lvl 4, Rod Power, Talisman Endurance [Normally Shadow]
Priest w/GW, HA
Priest w/BWH, HA, Ench Shield, Hammer Shrieking
Wizard w/Lvl 2 [Life or Fire]
BSB w/BWH, FP, Charmed Shield

29 Halberds w/FC
29 Spearmen w/shields, FC [6 Halberds, 10 X-bows]
29 Swordsmen w/FC [6 Halberds, 10 Handguns]
14 Knights w/FC [Warbanner]
20 Flagellants

1 Mortar/Cannon/ Rocket battery
5 Pistoliers w/all options
20 Greatswords w/FC

I have 3 solid steadfast blocks and 3 "attack units" plus the Lector. The shadow wizard should be able to put the hurt on enemy units by debuffing and swing combat in my favour and the life/fire wizard can help the others. Priest are there for hatred + fear for the knights and hatred for one of the ground units.

I know the BSB can be picked out from the infantry but if the enemy has BT/Cannon then he can ride with the knights for a LoS otherwise I don't need to worry about them. Plus he has a 1+ save and can ignore the first hit...

Was wondering what people thought?

paspinall
26-08-2010, 18:22
Hey all.

Was looking to come up with a flexible and "fluffy" 3K list for general play and that would be hard enough to give most people a run for their money...

Lector w/War Altar, AoMI, VHS, Hammer of Might
Wizard Lord w/Lvl 4, Rod Power, Talisman Endurance [Normally Shadow]
Priest w/GW, HA
Priest w/BWH, HA, Ench Shield, Hammer Shrieking
Wizard w/Lvl 2 [Life or Fire]
BSB w/BWH, FP, Charmed Shield

29 Halberds w/FC
29 Spearmen w/shields, FC [6 Halberds, 10 X-bows]
29 Swordsmen w/FC [6 Halberds, 10 Handguns]
14 Knights w/FC [Warbanner]
20 Flagellants

1 Mortar/Cannon/ Rocket battery
5 Pistoliers w/all options
20 Greatswords w/FC

I have 3 solid steadfast blocks and 3 "attack units" plus the Lector. The shadow wizard should be able to put the hurt on enemy units by debuffing and swing combat in my favour and the life/fire wizard can help the others. Priest are there for hatred + fear for the knights and hatred for one of the ground units.

I know the BSB can be picked out from the infantry but if the enemy has BT/Cannon then he can ride with the knights for a LoS otherwise I don't need to worry about them. Plus he has a 1+ save and can ignore the first hit...

Was wondering what people thought?

I havent really played much but from what I see are those 6 man Halberdier detatchments going to do much for you at all? as they can't break ranks like that.

Oh and the BSB still gets a LoS roll from infantry if I recall its just less than he would get if he was with an also mounted unit.