PDA

View Full Version : Ogre leadbelchers.

dirach.
26-08-2010, 11:36
I notice that in the Warhammer rulebook there is a picture of a unit with 8 leadbelchers. They are still limited to 5 in each unit?

eyescrossed
26-08-2010, 11:41
Yes, they are. Games Workshop tends to screw their own rules up a lot :)

narrativium
26-08-2010, 11:44
Rules-wise: yes. Probably. There's an argument going around that since the army book FAQ tells players to ignore the two-page spread on army selection in the army book (so they use the BRB percentage-based selection system), rules defined there such as maximum unit sizes no longer apply... but the actual Leadbelcher entry has no such edits and keeps the unit size limit. Also, Phil Kelly included an Ogre army list with a similarly improbable unit of Leadbelchers (I think it had ten) in an article on GW's website a few weeks ago - but it was questioned, and the following day's article issued an apology to confirm the limit is still 5.

However, games development being what it is, it's entirely possible that a forthcoming Ogre Kingdoms rulebook will allow larger Leadbelcher units. So it may simply be not legal yet. Or, whoever took the picture just went for what looked cool. I think there's an image of Orion in the Wood Elf book somewhere with a similar mistake.

dirach.
26-08-2010, 16:23
Thanks for the reply. I just had to ask, even if I knew the answer. 6 Leadbelchers would be cooler than 5.

eyescrossed
26-08-2010, 23:09
You can always put a cheap Bruiser with a Brace of Handguns in there if you want 2 ranks of shooty goodness.

stashman
27-08-2010, 00:46
4 is the thing.

Small frontage, alot of shoots!

Pacorko
27-08-2010, 03:58
It depends on whether you really need a compact, agile unit or a wide "cone" of fire, stashman.

If you count on doing a lot of damage against a relatively weak--state troops, gobbos, woodies--horde at the early stages of the game, five would probably be worth your while.

If you want to be able to deliver "softening" shots at your opponent's hardest hitting-yet-oh-so-unnervingly-mobile unit , maybe your best bet would be to have your 4 Leadbelchers hunting it down until they can finally rain dead upon it.

Me, I like 3 units of 4 for bigger games, and will comfortably settle with one of 5 for most other engaments.

stashman
27-08-2010, 10:46
2x2 is mobile and still you get to shoot with all 4.

eyescrossed
27-08-2010, 10:48
We already established that.