PDA

View Full Version : Hammer and Bolter Announced.

Jedi152
26-08-2010, 11:33
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Blog/Hammer-and-Bolter-Announcement.html

BL's new monthly pdf will be 2.50, and the first issue will be free. It looks pretty good, i'm more than willing to pay out as long as it doesn't turn into a 40k fest.

Baggers
26-08-2010, 12:10
Indeed as long as the stories are decent then i'm happily going to get it. Part of me wishes it was a printed issue, but I am happy to have new fiction.

BobtheInquisitor
27-08-2010, 03:50
The line-up for the first one looks decent, but definitely not worth 2.50. I wonder what else they'll include, and how long it will be before all of this content ends up compiled in a solid form of media. I'd be a lot more interested in that.

narrativium
27-08-2010, 08:08
What would be worth 2.50 to you?

Just asking. The typical BL novel is about 100,000 words and costs about 7.99; the first issue of Hammer and Bolter will be about 70,000 words. (I'm aware the first issue is free and the next few issues will be shorter.) Inferno! used to cost 4.99 for the same number of stories as (I believe) standard issues of H&B will have.

So it seems like the magazine is good value to me, but then I'm ignoring the issue of paperback vs. emagazine or current release vs. future plans.