PDA

View Full Version : How many rumours originate from Warseer?

Grimstonefire
26-08-2010, 22:33
This is as good a place as any I guess.

I am trying to put a rough guestimate of the % of warhammer and 40k rumours that originate here.

I'm talking about rumours that are mostly correct, I'm sure every forum is full of wishlisted rumour spam. ;)

My conservative guess was 80% for warhammer(?) I don't follow the 40k side close enough to know.

I've spent a lot of time looking around all the big forums in recent months (including the biggest ones in spanish, french and german), and probably 90% of all rumours they discuss come from here first (or indirectly from another forum).

I don't need scientific precision here, just a guess.

Thoughts?

Ozorik
26-08-2010, 22:44
I would say quite a lot, it can be hard to tell though given the speed that rumours can spread (just look at the impact the April fool's Dark Eldar had on other forums).

Big forums will get more exclusive rumours simply becuase they are larger and, I think, that this is the largest GW centric forum.

Wyrmwood
27-08-2010, 01:18
I'd say that almost entirely from here and Dakka, Dakka.

eyescrossed
27-08-2010, 08:06
Not to be pedantic, but Random Musings is meant for the discussion of Non GW stuff :p

Hellebore
27-08-2010, 14:35
Not to be pedantic, but Random Musings is meant for the discussion of Non GW stuff :p

I heard a rumour on Warseer that was going to change...;)

Hellebore

Inquisitor Engel
27-08-2010, 17:10
My theory about Commander Farsight's sword being one of the Swords of Vaul originated on Portent. I made it up on the spot when the background first appeared, though I've since renounced it. I've seen it repeated on EldarOnline, Dakka, BoLS and all sorts of places.

Wintermute
27-08-2010, 19:51
I'm moving the thread to GW General.

Wintermute

Reinholt
27-08-2010, 22:32
I think size matters when it comes to Warseer. From what I've seen, there are more individuals here, hence more individuals who actually talk to varied sources within GW about what is going on.

Overall, the majority of rumors do seem to crop up here. So to add one to the fire, rumor holds this is the first year in a long while that US staff are all getting the profit sharing bonus for GW.

Just saying.

Justicar Valius
27-08-2010, 23:17
Almost all. Dakka Dakka gets some (reds8n normally posts on there first as well as some mod i can't remember seems to be credible apart from when he gets washed out by Harry).

I would wager everything from BoLS comes from warseer or dakka and almost everything on the B&C comes from here.

marv335
03-09-2010, 17:43
As an experiment, for one codex, I created a chain of information (which was blatantly made up) about a rumour for a new codex.
I used an internet connected phone to post them.
within an hour there was someone in the local GW arguing that the facts (from the internet, that I had just made up) were absolutely true.