PDA

View Full Version : 2499 versus Brettonians

RobbTPR
27-08-2010, 02:14
This is only my 3rd or 4th empire list so I'm still trying stuff out, but I've a game on Monday and wondered what your opinions were.

Lords,

General of the empire, full plate, shield, sword of battle.

Lvl 4 wizard, holy relic, possibly using metal.

Heroes,

Captain, BSB, armour of meteoric iron.

Warrior priest, heavy armour, shield, barded horse.

Warrior priest, heavy armour, shield.

Engineer, light armour.

Core,

30 flagellants (horde)
20 swordsmen, full command.
9 knights, full command.

Special,

21 greatswords, full command.
10 outriders, champion, musician.
Great cannon.
Mortar.

Rare,

Helstorm rocket battery
Steam tank

Be brutal, I don't mind.

TP

meneroth
27-08-2010, 03:04
possibly using metal? is that even a question? lore of metal the crap out of the bretts, its designed to kill armour, and thats what they are built on. to be fair though, i see life working pretty well against them too, to keep your units alive against the charge and bogging down the knights into a battle of atrittion.

also, i see your core as being pretty minimal. i assume you've already thought about your tactics but i think your going pretty light on infantry blocks for the 8th edition. all those artillery peices are pretty vounerable to pegasus knights so you gotta assume they will be knocked out fairly quickly. the mage might help deter that, but you gotta be ready for flying knights romping around behind your lines. the outriders might help in this as well.

RobbTPR
27-08-2010, 03:32
Ok so that should have read "probably be metal", but I have been toying with the idea of life. I guess I'm still in the direct damage mindset rather than buffing units.

Sergeant Jim
27-08-2010, 13:07
Drop The knights they are not worth the money unless you take a lot, beef up your swordsmen take 5 outriders its enough. With THE spare points take 1 maybe 2 extra cannons. Have you ever seen Cannon go through a lance formation!! Ouch! Use detatchments they are very good, But you should take at least 15 in a unit.

RobbTPR
27-08-2010, 22:13
Ok so I've made a couple of changes,

Lords,

General of the empire, full plate, shield.

Lvl 4 wizard, rod of power, armour of tarnus,using metal.

Heroes,

Captain, BSB, armour of meteoric iron.

Warrior priest, heavy armour, shield, barded horse.

Warrior priest, heavy armour, shield.

Engineer, light armour.

Core,

30 flagellants (horde)
28 swordsmen, full command.
9 knights, full command.

Special,

28 greatswords, full command.
5 outriders.
Great cannon.
Mortar.

Rare,

Helstorm rocket battery
Steam tank

With the general and warrior priest in the greatswords, the wizard and bsb in the swordsmen.

TP