PDA

View Full Version : Zac's New Project-Flesheaters bit-by-bit

Pages : [1] 2

Zactar
06-03-2006, 00:38
I Resently desided to start a new Marine Project, so I Picked up some Marines at HBG (Pert's Store) and startet to paint up some blood angels, since i've always been a fan of them tabletop. But just to make some Pure Red Marines would be booring, so I started to take a look around for the Successor Chapters and i stumbled over Chaplain Desmodus DIY blood angel successor chapter the Flesheaters and was awestruck.... so I have decided to show you what I am working on bit-by-bit.. C&C are welcome.

1st part.

To start of I chose a Blood Angels Chaplain as the chaplain is the Heart and Soul of any Blood Angel Army, and two tactical squads to fill out my compulsory choices and added a dread to support the squads. The start roughly ended at 500 pts

Blood Angels Reclusiac (222 pts.)
Crozuis Arcanum, Rosarius, Jump Pack, Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades and Melta bombs.

Tac Squad 1 (80 pts.)
5 Spacemarines with Bolters and a Heavy Bolter

Tac Squad 2 (85 pts.)
5 Spacemarines with Bolters and a Missile Launcher

Dreadnought (113 pts)
Assault Cannon, Storm Bolter, XA and Smoke

Zactar
06-03-2006, 00:47
This is my chaplain (yet to be names) and Tac Squad 1, Tack Squad 2, and the Dread

Edit: I've added the missing marine from squad 2.

FearFrost
06-03-2006, 00:50
Those are F-ing awesome, I LOVE the palid, undead like flesh. Great chap and dread, too.

Its all about choosing a unique chapter, props.

B

AventineCrusader
06-03-2006, 01:36
Those are very nice, at least as good as Chaplain Desmodus'. I notice you're down a tac marine. It may be marines, but its certainly not boring.

Crusader:D

New Cult King
06-03-2006, 06:53
That Chaplain can't be the new one, can it? It looks very similar...

hellbrecht
06-03-2006, 07:02
I'm pretty sure it's a coverted power fist chaplain, though you're right it does bear a striking resemblance to the new jump chaplain.

BTW, AWESOME MARINES!!

Seriously man, I'm in love with that chaplain, & the rest are just as sweet. You should be very proud.:D

sheep
06-03-2006, 07:12
Not the new chap, hands are the wrong way round and theres no chains on the chest.

Awesome work, the bone on the chap is lovely and the reds are very solid, great work, one Q, why put sand all over the base rims as well? Not that it looks bad, just different.

Cheers

Sheep

Darkseer
06-03-2006, 07:36
Who came up with the Flesh Eaters anyway? I'm sure they're not an official GW chapter.

FearFrost
06-03-2006, 09:07
Yes, they are, Darkseer. The color scheme has changed a lot since rogue trader, though.

B

Zactar
06-03-2006, 09:32
Not the new chap, hands are the wrong way round and theres no chains on the chest.

Awesome work, the bone on the chap is lovely and the reds are very solid, great work, one Q, why put sand all over the base rims as well? Not that it looks bad, just different.

Cheers

Sheep

the chap is the "new" powerfist chaplain that i have converted, and i like the effect that the sand on the rim does that's it

tagsta
06-03-2006, 10:40
Who came up with the Flesh Eaters anyway? I'm sure they're not an official GW chapter.
they are.. the current flesh eaters don*t have much todo with the GW version..ä
I think the B&C mod "chaplain desmodus" changed the colourscheme and did a lot of artwork

Darkseer
06-03-2006, 12:14
Oh yeah, just found em on GW's site. Bland colourscheme.

mortus
06-03-2006, 13:25
But really good back ground and fluff, if you've seen the Index Astartes article. Theres up the paddle without a creek and then there is these guys.

Zactar
06-03-2006, 14:59
I finished off my first squad today, now designated as squad 3 Serban

FearFrost
06-03-2006, 17:32
When I do my BA army in a year or so, Im going to do the same style chest eagles, white like that...Love the way that came out.

3rd company BA, to be clear (white trim).

Nice work.

Lavfluris
06-03-2006, 21:21
Zactar, they are looking rather cool. But then, I've already told you that. ;)

Pertinax
06-03-2006, 21:43
They look great in the photos. Almost better than in the real.

So what is next?

Knightmare
06-03-2006, 23:34
Words can not describe my fondness for your Chaplain.
Keep it up.I'm sure Des will have a place for your men on Fleshtearers.Net soon enough.

ExoCowboy
07-03-2006, 05:24
oh, those are really lovely. Just awesome stuff! What's coming next?

Zactar
07-03-2006, 09:27
Yeah.... so what is next, everybody seems to ask?
Next up is filling up the other squad to 8 and finish of the first batch of the death company.
Painting is a bit slow but I'm sure it'll get better soon.
I hope to be posting pics by the end of the week.

my_name_is_tudor
07-03-2006, 12:35
I read this thread title as "flesh eating, bit by bit", lol, youre 12 step guide to cannibalism.

Nice flesheaters too, love the highlights on the black, very striking.

Zactar
07-03-2006, 21:16
I actually managed to finish the first five of my death company....
My GS skills are still in the need to be improved phase, but its getting there.

So without further due
Chaplain and his merry men

Zactar
07-03-2006, 23:40
This is a banner I'm working on for my dreadnought, but i haven't found a suitable "pole" for it, any suggestions?

Despoiler
08-03-2006, 00:08
nice banner. cant really tell how big it is, could you put a marine next to it so we can best judge whats the best thing to use as a pole. (although best bet is to use brass rod but just in case).

as for your GS skills, they aren't as bad as you think it all looks very smooth and the robes have the feel of movement (remember you are your worst critique -or words to that effect).

keep it going... i'll be watching.... Muhahahaha..ehem *wonders off into a conviently placed shadow*.

AventineCrusader
08-03-2006, 01:07
I have to say the GSed robes on the DC are actually really nice. They definately match the quality of the army. Good job.

Zactar
09-03-2006, 00:48
Well heres squad Mihail full and recovered..

Zactar
09-03-2006, 00:52
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/WIP/P1010001.jpg

Here's the scale of my banner for those who wondered.....

Next up for the Flesheaters will be a Rhino for squad Mihail, but i have to make a purchase first, hopefully to morrow since I have payday on friday. Luckily i have a set of FW reinforced armor for my rhino....

And about painting it: any suggestions to the interior, i've concidered catachan green but it won't do in this case... now SHOOT! (ducking for cover)

TiltinTim
09-03-2006, 01:50
Love that banner, wish I could do free hand like that.............

ZAChos
09-03-2006, 10:42
Bone is always a goon interior colour for rhinos.

AventineCrusader
09-03-2006, 16:33
Yeah, a nice tan/bone color. Seems to fit the bill, otherwise just straight black.

Hideous Loon
09-03-2006, 16:54
I third bone as a suggestion. I'll provide a good contrast, both to the black and to the red.

Zactar
09-03-2006, 23:37
I've heard the many suggestions given and I'll go for the bone interior.
Further for conversions I will make the doors "hinged" and if someone has some good linkes to ways of approach I'll greatly appreciate it.
If anyone has any other good ideas they are willing to throw at me do so, I'm open to all suggestions and will take on all with great consideration.

Avenging Dentist
10-03-2006, 00:26
For the banner, I would use brass tubing to connect it to the dreadnought. Just drill a small hole vertically through the center of the cross-beam and pin it to the tubing. Then you can greenstuff some heavy-duty looking connector between them, which will also make the whole thing sturdier.

If you go to a model railroad shop, you can usually find brass tubing and brass wire so that the wire fits exactly inside the tubing, making pinning pretty easy.

firestorm40k
10-03-2006, 08:19
This army is looking quite superb. Keep the minis coming! :cool:

Sigma
10-03-2006, 21:02
Very nice!

I'm a big fan of the Flesh Tearers colour scheme, and what you've done here is taken it, and really made it your own. Unique and well-executed!

Oh, and as many others have said, I would suggest using a bone colour on the details you've mentioned. Bone would set the whole thing off very nicely.

Red Skullz
10-03-2006, 22:41
Well the paintjob rocks! Only critique I can immediately see is that the vines on the banner kinda look undone. Everything else on the banner look stunning but the vines mess up the overall impression.

Zactar
12-03-2006, 17:35
I started the interior of the rhino but botched my first attempt on painting it so it had to take an overnight bath in window cleaner....

So here is a pic of it as a WIP. I'm having difficulties deciding on which colour to use on the display's and lenses, the reasoning, my marines eyes are red lenses, the auspexes and the scopes are blue, the same on my dread, should I stick to the ones I already have in my pallet or take a third (such as green)...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/WIP/RhinoInteriorWIP.jpg

immortal99
12-03-2006, 18:09
I think green is most suited to lenses like that but then I am used to seeing green lenses on interiors of SM vehicles. I really like the rust of the interior, it looks really good. I like all the models you have done so far. They are all painted to a very high standard especially your freehanding. A whole army pic perhaps?

Zactar
12-03-2006, 18:47
I think green is most suited to lenses like that but then I am used to seeing green lenses on interiors of SM vehicles. I really like the rust of the interior, it looks really good. I like all the models you have done so far. They are all painted to a very high standard especially your freehanding. A whole army pic perhaps?

Sure I will post a picture of it at 750, 1000 and 1500 pts... all in due time

Pertinax
12-03-2006, 21:57
I'd really go with the green. But keep it dark with a sharp highlight.

Will you be adding more script and such on the inside of the Rhino?

Zactar
12-03-2006, 22:19
I will be adding script, abandoned equipment and scrolls on the inside, not so much it will overpower it, still thinking about adding a techmarine (driver) to stand inside.....

baneful
13-03-2006, 06:15
mate love the look on these guys, any tips for doing skin like you have? as it would suit my blood pact perfectly.

why does everybody keep doing these aweinspiring armies, i keep changing my mind on what i wanna do!

cant wait to see some more pics.

Zactar
13-03-2006, 09:20
baneful> the skin is 50%50 liche purple and codex grey as a base mixed with dwarf flesh, then given a wash of purple ink and finally a highlight of elf flesh and skull white.

baneful
13-03-2006, 21:49
A big thanks Zactar, thats awesome. I am going to give it a go some time this week. I will let you know how it goes.

You might have just saved me buying some new felsh coloured paints, cheers.

Inquisitor Konig
14-03-2006, 07:33
That Chaplain is awesome. When are you going to paint some death company?

-Konig

Pertinax
14-03-2006, 09:00
Zac has done. They are here, in this very thread.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=523356&postcount=22

Zactar
15-03-2006, 10:22
Here are some progess pics of the interior of my rhino, still need a little work but mainly just finishing details left

spongebob103
16-03-2006, 10:11
WOW that looks great!

Zactar
18-03-2006, 11:26
here's the finished interior of the rhino, I've started prepping the exterior (the FW bits needed some GS'ing, damned flutes), and hope I'll get it done by the end of next week (I know I'm a slow painter), and started assembling the third tac squad. I have a Whirly commin so that will be done as fast as i can....

Hideous Loon
18-03-2006, 12:55
Your wear-and-tear looks nice, and I love that bone.

Zactar
19-03-2006, 19:04
Thanx HL, I am quite pleased how it turned out myself.

Zactar
20-03-2006, 20:41
Well well, it's time for another update.....

The Rhino has been assembled and basecoated, red honour fang markings applied to right side.

For the driver I decided to go for a different red than I use for the other marines, since he is a tech marine trainee....(or so i am told) still WIP all of it but I can see the end of it so far...

Pertinax
21-03-2006, 16:46
Yeah! Like the red of the marine.

spikyjames
21-03-2006, 16:48
yeah that's a very nice red!

got a recipe?

james

Hideous Loon
21-03-2006, 18:02
It sorta looks like Blood Red>Blood Red+Blazing Orange (50:50)>Blood Red+Blazing Orange (30:70)>Blazing Orange on its own. But that's just me.

Zactar
21-03-2006, 23:23
The recipe for the red is base scorched brown, then tanned flesh, then thinned blood red mixed with red ink, then another layer of pure blood red, blended then with blazing orange to a 50/50 mix, highlighted with blazing orange

EDIT: Dark flesh, not tanned flesh

spikyjames
22-03-2006, 12:31
cheers mate, i'll give it a try.

james

Zactar
23-03-2006, 22:16
Hmmm.... It seems like I've run into some problems....

I bought a FW Whirly from Pert... but the turret has become chipped..
I am thinking of:

1) Cliping off the rim and replacing it with plasticard
2) Leave it as it is :rolleyes:
3) Get help from you to get some good suggestions..

ZAChos
23-03-2006, 22:50
Plasticard and gs it up, possibly hang some parchment from the bottom lip to cover the break a bit.

Zactar
24-03-2006, 00:57
Finally finished, The Rhino is finished and, but still unchristened (have to search up more names of Wallachian Voivodes)..

here it is in all its glory for you amusement....

Zactar
24-03-2006, 00:58
some more pics....

Cheatah
24-03-2006, 13:40
Makes me wanna start Flesh Eaters... :s

Lame Duck
24-03-2006, 15:27
Man! In all honesty, u are utter amazing! I need to start focusing more on fluff and painting and less on gaming.........

Looking at ure stuff im filled with awe, and get kinda jealous and deppressed...

Some time in the summer im gonna start a new sm army, maybe ill post some pictures and get some help from u ppl..

Zactar
25-03-2006, 16:22
Well today was the Flesheaters first small scale tournament, 750 pts.

The first turn was secure and control against the ravenous hordes of the tyranids, it did not fare too well, since the bolters had apparently been loaded with corrupted ammo.. Sanguinary veteran has been dispatched to the tech marines to inquire about the faulty weaponry. 7-13 to the tyranid force.

Turn two was a cleanse against a small black templar crusade. In this battle Ancient Brother Vlad exelled the first time, his trusted assault cannon ripping through the blessed hull of the crusader sending the cusader brothers scuttling out of the escape hatches, only to stare up at the barrels of many blessed bolters, that tore the poor templars to shreds around their marshall..... Chaplain Tihomir took care of the remaining marshall as Ancient brother Vlad tore the remaining crusader apart. 20-0.

Turn Three was secure and controll against a Pre-Heresy Iron warrior army, which was summarily torn apart by the fury of Chaplain Tihomir, as him and his red robed Death company took the fortified line of the Iron Warriors with storm. 20-0.

Turn Four secure and controll, the Brothers encountered the Feral howls of the Space wolves, where Ancient Brother Vlad exelled once again, where he single handed left the wolf scouts in cinders, and ripped apart a grey hunter squad and held the flank single handedly, as Chaplain Tihomir and the remaining Flesheaters went through the other flank, blitzing their way through the still shaken Space wolves. No space wolf was left standing after the match. 20-0.

There will be a glorious Feast on the fallen. Tihomir will write seals for Ancient brother Vlad, and trophies taken.

Total points was 67 out of 80. First prize was a box of Tau Sniperdrones.. Which will probably be traded for something more interesting

Orcdom
25-03-2006, 16:27
cool, tis a shame all but 1 of your games were against marines.

Steve

Pertinax
25-03-2006, 19:13
At tournaments, that isn't uncommon...

Congrats though.

Lame Duck
25-03-2006, 19:26
a whole army pic plz?

Zactar
25-03-2006, 20:03
here's a picture at 750 pts.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/Flesheaters750pts.jpg

Warboss Garfang
25-03-2006, 22:19
Your army looks awesome, nice job in your tourney as well.

ZAChos
25-03-2006, 22:28
Well done in the tournament and well done on an immaculate army.

Pfreck
26-03-2006, 08:34
Looks very nice man! did you already asked to the guy from http://flesheaters.net to add your army on Flesh Eaters Worldwide?
anyways good luck in the tournament ;)

Red Skullz
26-03-2006, 09:08
Looking great. Dynamic and a very good paintjob all over.

Zactar
26-03-2006, 10:21
Looks very nice man! did you already asked to the guy from http://flesheaters.net to add your army on Flesh Eaters Worldwide?
anyways good luck in the tournament ;)

I will ask Desmodus to put me on his worldwide section in due time, when I have more done

Zactar
26-03-2006, 18:35
Well here's the 3'rd squad, just off the assembly line, still have to do some cleaning, add some goodies and GS some blood drops on some of them. The banner on the sarge is just blutacked since I plan to paint it seperatly.

Zactar
27-03-2006, 22:37
So it is time for another update, I've sprayed and undercoated my marines with cb and picked out three marines to be the first victims of my paint brush... Too bad my head isn't operating too well after the fumes of my poly cement tube had a small accident (must remember to clean nozle better) and glue got every where on my paint pallet....... head still woozie (I can c spots there.........)

Three marines have been given the red job and the multi melta is almost done (clean up painting and detail work left)........... need air...... *cough* weeeeeee... look at all the colours.... guez I'm paying for beeing careless.... need air (and a smoke) by the way.... heres a wip of the multi-melta guy

Zactar
02-04-2006, 19:09
Some more Progress Picts, I've painted 2 tactical marines, their sarge and a multi melta.... painting has been a bit slow lately, but progress still...

Next month's purchase will be a bhaal predator and extra armor kits for the bhaal and a rhino from FW

Rabid Bunny 666
02-04-2006, 19:17
cool, this is a tempting army to do, what list? BA or codex with traits?

nice paint jobs, but i thought Flesh Tearer Death Company were white?

edit: nevermind, that was Fleshtearers :rolleyes: my bad

Zactar
02-04-2006, 19:24
cool, this is a tempting army to do, what list? BA or codex with traits?

I'm using BA Codex for tourneys, but when I play for fun I use BA Standard rules Plus the Purity above All trait to show that they are guided by a Sanguinary Council with the Flesh Before Steel, and Death Before Dishonour Trait to describe their lack of armour and that they never give up.

Flesheater Deathcompany are black as usual DC, but in addition wear Red Robes.

Rabid Bunny 666
02-04-2006, 20:25
aah, i was thinking of a different chapter :D

ilikebmxbikes
02-04-2006, 21:08
i really like your figures. they have crisp striking highlights but still look realistic and not comic like. all your figures have good poses too. nothing over the top. the freehand chapter symbols look really good and consistant.

Pertinax
04-04-2006, 10:45
The Sgt looks like he's losing his balance off the slippery rock... ;)

Zactar
05-04-2006, 14:22
The Sgt looks like he's losing his balance off the slippery rock... ;)

I know, it was kinda hard to positioning him up there and now atleast it doesn't look like he has magnetized boots :D

Zactar
08-04-2006, 12:04
well, here is the finished Squad Bärbat, with my rocksliding sarge, and fast multi-melta, hope you like it. :D
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/SquadBrbat.jpg

Cheatah
08-04-2006, 13:02
Very nice!!

Are they going in a rhino or are they footsloggers?

PS: stop those excellent paint jobs, you make me want to start flash eaters, and I can't paint THAT well, so I'll be disappointed.

Zactar
08-04-2006, 15:14
Are they going in a rhino or are they footsloggers?

They will be given a rhino in a while, I just have to stick to my building/painting plan so next up will be:

1 FW Whirlwind
5 more DC
1 LS Tornado
1 Rhino
6 Las/Plas Marines
1 LS Tornado
1 Bhaal Pred

EDIT: I hope to get it ready for Cities of Death this summer. Work Work Work Work :D

Zactar
10-04-2006, 00:58
Well I guess that a small update is in place..

I've finished the turret of the Whirlie (one bhaal plate missing, but I'll get that one when I buy the Pred later)

The Frenchy
10-04-2006, 01:04
This chapter is awesome with the colors together who give a sinister aspect..
Cannibals :evilgrin:

Zactar
10-04-2006, 20:13
Myhahaha... Payday!!!!

Today I bought the rest of my Death Company and a friend gave me some classics for a cheap coin... even with the old chappy (wonder what hell become later), but they are seriously in need of a bath *pugh* in some paintstripper... (as a Norwegian I have no idea on half of the paint strippers you use are called here so I don't know where and what to use :p) Here's a pic on whats to come here..
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/P1010001.jpg

spongebob103
11-04-2006, 01:28
Lookin good! Can you post an army list?

Zactar
11-04-2006, 01:54
Lookin good! Can you post an army list?

Sure Heres my 1500 pts Flesheaters

HQ: Reclusiac Tihomir
Flesheater Reclusiac: Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius, T.Honours, BP, Frag, Melta Bombs, Jump Pack, Death Company [237 pts]

T1: Tactical Squad Mihail
8 Flesheater Spacemarines with Bolters, Melta-gun, Heavy Bolter
Veteran Sgt. with Powerfist and BP [165 pts]

Rhino
XA, Smoke, Overcharged Engines [73 pts]

T2: Tactical Squad Bärbat
8 Flesheater Spacemarines with Bolters, Flamer, Multi-Melta
Veteran Sgt. with power weapon, bp, and melta bombs [166 pts]

Rhino
XA, Smoke, Overcharged Engines [73 pts]

T3: Tactical Squad Serban
6 Flesheater Spacemarines with Bolters, Plasma gun, Missile Launcher
Veteran Sgt. with Storm Bolter [130 pts]

T4: Tactical Squad Radu
6 Flesheater Spacemarines with Bolters, Plasma gun, Las cannon
Veteran Sgt. with Storm Bolter [135 pts]

F1: Landspeeder Tornado
Assault cannon, Heavy Bolter [80 pts]

F2: Landspeeder Tornado
Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolter [80 pts]

H1: Ancient Brother Vlad
Venerable Dreadnought with Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer, XA, Smoke [143 pts]

H2: Bhaal Predator
Twin-linked Assault cannon, Heavy Bolter sponsons, XA, Smoke [128 pts]

H3: Whirlwind [85 pts]

Total: 1495 pts

spongebob103
11-04-2006, 02:58
Hmm Looks like qiute a good army list. I would switch the flamer (on the rhino tac squad) to a plasma or a melta. Only my opinion though.

Zactar
11-04-2006, 14:41
Here's the finished Whirlwind... I'm quite pleased how it turned out, but if you have any pointers I'd be a very happy man.

Zactar
11-04-2006, 14:42
And for those who like Full Army Pics here's my Flesheaters at 1000 pts. :D

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/Army1000pts.jpg

asmodai_dark86
11-04-2006, 14:52
Awww see you've made an old wargamer very happy. I remember when I had my old I built a flesh tearers army a few weeks after the fluff turned up in WD and terrorised people with it

*Flesh tearers charge forward into opponents leman russes, get blown to bits*
'HA, There not so hard I'm killing all your puny flesh tearers'
*Looks back with hint of madness*
'And?'
*Opponent wets self as flesh tearers lay into guardsmen*

Ahh happy days - sweat looking army you've got me tempted to paint some after my sons of sparta.

Warboss Garfang
11-04-2006, 16:12
Wow, those look nice! Great job!

hamani
11-04-2006, 17:11
that cant be 1000pts :S can it?

Zactar
11-04-2006, 21:15
that cant be 1000pts :S can it?

actually it's 999 pts on the dot :D

spongebob103
12-04-2006, 00:34
Thats looking good! Now go and play some games PLEASE:D

Zactar
12-04-2006, 01:43
Actually I had a game today at the local store, almost a draw but.... got squashed between a GUO and a DP and a whole lot of Death Guard (teaching me to split deployment next time :p)..

Inquisitor Konig
12-04-2006, 03:18
death guard are a tough can to open.
...except when their guts are on the outside of their armor...

Zactar
13-04-2006, 20:48
I have been a little distracted lately, I got a comission from a friend who wanted his Mordheim Dwarven warband painted so I said yes and took it as a challenge, but as always the flesheaters aer in progress, one DC with powerfist almost done, one with a PW and a regular still just blutacked together.. so here are some Dwarves WIP and some Flesheater DC WIP's

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/P1010002.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/WIP/P1010003.jpg

firestorm40k
13-04-2006, 20:56
Love that DC Power Fist marine! :cool: Nice green stuffery for the robes, too!

Zactar
19-04-2006, 23:56
Easter has been slow and motivation is slowing down.... I will get it finished, I will get it finished is my current mantra... hope those dwarves will let me sidetrack from the flesheaters for a while as the motivation builds back up again.. however I managed to finish the Powerfist DC so here he is... hope he's to all your liking :D

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/PFDC1.jpg

baneful
20-04-2006, 06:11
Looking good Zac, I still havnt gotten around to trying your flesh technique.

Ive been side tracked by red scorpions...

dont burn your self out though mate, take a break with those dwarves.

firestorm40k
20-04-2006, 08:26
Keep it up Zac - that DC with the powerfist looks like a very hard b*****d! :evilgrin: Excellent paint job, as usual!

Lord of Skulls
20-04-2006, 16:16
He looks amazing, just like the rest of them. I've been subscribed to this thread for some time, and your painting is really impressive:)

One question: Any chance of a picture of the back of the Power Fist? (To see what you did about the BT symbol;) )

Zactar
20-04-2006, 17:05
He looks amazing, just like the rest of them. I've been subscribed to this thread for some time, and your painting is really impressive:)

One question: Any chance of a picture of the back of the Power Fist? (To see what you did about the BT symbol;) )

sure here's the side of the Powerfist.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/PFside.jpg

Lord of Skulls
20-04-2006, 18:33
Ah, that's how you did it:) Thanks. Please consider the idea stolen;)

Orcdom
20-04-2006, 19:12
is that a decal or hand painted emblem
Steve

Pertinax
20-04-2006, 19:34
It's hand painted.

Shame the blood drop looks a bit rough surfaced. Maybe some layers of gloss would flatten it out?

Zactar
20-04-2006, 19:55
@Lord of Skulls: NP good to be of help
@Orcdom: No transfers in this camp, it would kinda ruin my painting training
@Pertinax: will try to gloss it out, if that doesn't work, I'll polish it down abit and redo it.

Cheatah
20-04-2006, 20:34
Awesome!!!

KayvaanShrike
20-04-2006, 21:20
Very very nice! Are you going to have these new DC in the same squad as the current ones, or are you going to make them serperate?

Can I ask how you paint your scuffs etc? Like the patches of wear and tear you paint on the armour, because my marines come out looking pretty "new and shiny" and want a way of doing that worn edges thing you do, but can't get it right, any tips?

Zactar
20-04-2006, 21:53
Very very nice! Are you going to have these new DC in the same squad as the current ones, or are you going to make them serperate?

Can I ask how you paint your scuffs etc? Like the patches of wear and tear you paint on the armour, because my marines come out looking pretty "new and shiny" and want a way of doing that worn edges thing you do, but can't get it right, any tips?

The DC are going into the same squad as the current ones as I can only have one squad of DC at any time, and the scratches/scuffs are simply mithril silver drawn in thin lines, and in case of other colours other than black i do some black lines first and then the mithril ones as the wear&tear would tear through subsequent layers of paint, in theory :D

KayvaanShrike
20-04-2006, 22:25
ok, thanks Zac!

Zactar
23-04-2006, 03:02
weird things are happening, this saturday I sat down, thinking mostly of getting my laundry done, when I get a call from Pertinax telling me to scrounge up some models for Golden Griffon, oh well... I went down with some old stuff I had lying around, a bray shaman and my relictor commander... well it ended up wiht the bray shaman winning the fantacy category and is probably on its way to Oslo in not to long time.... hope it gets there in time... I'm happy with it... tld. ed. malus dark blade found its way into my satchel and will probably be painted up soon as a diversion to the Flesheaters, but still one more DC is nearing his completion, have to smooth out the robe first, and then it will be ready for spraying..... tomorrow or so I think.... btw... writing tipsy is not the best idea.... *fumbles around*, have a good night

Zactar
25-04-2006, 00:24
I have been patient and yet another DC has seen the light of my flash, a DC powersword ready to cleave some xenos/traitor ass in the upcoming campaign as Chaplain Tihomir musters his battle hungry men (litteraly hungry) to Medusa V... more to come

Kasrkin 666
25-04-2006, 01:29
Nice mini!Love tthe cape and the red.
-666:confused:

Pertinax
25-04-2006, 07:14
Sorry, but I don't think the flame (?) suits the power sword. It looks like a stain of something.

Orcdom
25-04-2006, 08:35
guess i didnt look close enough, i thought it was blood

Steve

ZAChos
25-04-2006, 12:53
Looks great. The flame/blood is alright. IT can be whatever the viewer wants it to be.

Zactar
29-05-2006, 00:43
Well... It has been some time since I've posted, but true to my call I have kept myself busy.. Here's the 4th and last squad of Flesheaters (banner need to be raided from someones bitz box :p). Next on my list is another rhino, a bhaal, and two tornadoes (forgeworld kitz are in the mail).. I've added some bitz here and there to the other marines (details will be enclosed later at a propper moment).. so busy I have been (when I haven't been distracted with other things). So here's the moment you have all been waiting for.... Heeeeeeres Squad 4.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/Squad4.jpg

Orcdom
29-05-2006, 02:57
looking good, but is that a storm bolter on the sarge? if so why? if not ignore me.

and the only other thing, i just dont like the grass and texture on the sides of the base. you did a good job on them, better than normally when done like that but still.

Steve

Zactar
29-05-2006, 10:06
looking good, but is that a storm bolter on the sarge? if so why? if not ignore me.

and the only other thing, i just dont like the grass and texture on the sides of the base. you did a good job on them, better than normally when done like that but still.

Steve

Yes it is a storm bolter, on my fire support squads I give sarges storm bolters for increased rate of fire on longer range.

baneful
29-05-2006, 12:23
glad to see your still working on these guys, I too use stomrbolters on the odd sergeant so i wont comment on that :p

As for another question. when you were asking about converting a 'prone' model before. was it for this army?
cheers.

Orcdom
29-05-2006, 15:05
i still dont understand why. with the price of a squad leader upgrade and the storm bolter, isnt that another body? and yest you still get the same shots at long range and 2 more shots at close range, only difference is if you move.

Steve

Tussky
29-05-2006, 16:59
I think if you give him a termi honour and a storm bolter give him a pw or a pf.It make your enemy think again that "chargeeeee" :)

Zactar
29-05-2006, 17:35
glad to see your still working on these guys, I too use stomrbolters on the odd sergeant so i wont comment on that :p

As for another question. when you were asking about converting a 'prone' model before. was it for this army?
cheers.

The prone convertion is a scout for this army that will come after 1500 pts.. so in due time

Zactar
29-05-2006, 17:48
i still dont understand why. with the price of a squad leader upgrade and the storm bolter, isnt that another body? and yest you still get the same shots at long range and 2 more shots at close range, only difference is if you move.

Steve

The reason why is when a squad fails his black rage test, the sarge may still cause some damage when the squad runs towards the enemy screaming for blood and the upgrade for vet sarge is mandatory in my army as they can become power weapon or fist in my death company.

Zac

Tussky
29-05-2006, 18:43
The reason why is when a squad fails his black rage test, the sarge may still cause some damage when the squad runs towards the enemy screaming for blood and the upgrade for vet sarge is mandatory in my army as they can become power weapon or fist in my death company.

Zac

Oh tricky BA rules! ;)

The Judge
29-05-2006, 19:30
I really like them... and the other Flesheaters I've seen are amazing too.

Pertinax
29-05-2006, 19:31

You know, I was just thinking that myself.

I think they would look drastically better if the edges were black.

Zactar
31-05-2006, 18:30
I think they would look drastically better if the edges were black.

Hmmm. Will contemplate the issue.... and on the otherhand, yet another rhino is in my painting box ready to be artisticly improved (interior only yet). With some assaut terminators in the blue tac phase and some sniper scouts on the assembly line..

Zactar
31-05-2006, 20:59
Just to give you a taste of whats to come:

Scouts (slight GS needed) and blutac'd termies (C&C's on the termies would be nice as I wan't them to look scary and feral, what bitz to use and so forth)

Pertinax
31-05-2006, 21:31
I'd like to add here that the scouts come from my shop, Here Be Games. They are promotional material that Zac has offered to paint up and display in the shop.

Cheatah
31-05-2006, 22:16
(C&C's on the termies would be nice as I wan't them to look scary and feral, what bitz to use and so forth)

IMHO the 2 termies in the back have their torsos twisted too far in relation to their legs...

Otherwise... cool poses for the rest of them and for the scouts :cool:

Pertinax
31-05-2006, 22:35
Agreed. And all of them have the left arm higher to some degree than the other. Try to vary it.

Zactar
03-06-2006, 00:40
heres the first scout out of the internment camp... hes ready do do his duty for commander Pertinax.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/WIP/Scout1.jpg

Orcdom
03-06-2006, 00:47
the face is sweet
Steve

Pertinax
03-06-2006, 13:58
Do any of the other figure you ahve use any face paint? If not, then why should the scout?

Zactar
03-06-2006, 15:35
No, its not warpaint, his eye has been damaged, but it has still some final work on it, the ink is too bright so I'm gonna tune it down some. The Photo makes it come out too bright, not like the real model.

Pertinax
03-06-2006, 16:37
Thought it was war-paint...

Zactar
03-06-2006, 21:41
Here's todays progress, first guy with a sniper rifle done. The camo cloak was a tough one but I think I managed to pull it off.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/WIP/Scout2F.jpghttp://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/WIP/Scout2B.jpg

Lord of Skulls
03-06-2006, 21:46
Looks nice:) Only thing is that the white stripes on the robes look a little patchy in places...

What colours did you use to hightlight the black?

Pertinax
03-06-2006, 22:50
I would try to shade the cloak. Maybe you have, I can't see it in the photos. But a tad darker in the creases would be good.

Zactar
03-06-2006, 23:22
@Lord of Skulls: The white stripes are not perfect I know, but they will be. The shading of the black is 50/50 or so chaos black/shadow gray to shadow grey with space wolf grey high lights for the armor, the boots are chaos black and bleached bone.
@pert: the cloak is shaded, but not much as I didn't want too much contrasts, but I will try to darken it in the creases.

Zac

Tom
04-06-2006, 00:23
the upgrade for vet sarge is mandatory in my army as they can become power weapon or fist in my death company.

Zac

Not any more. Thank God. If they don't have the power weapon to begin with then you lose any respect I have for you by the marine magically getting one when he ends up in the DC.

firestorm40k
04-06-2006, 18:19
Lovely paint-job on that Sniper scout! :cool: It'll be superb when you've sorted out the cloak, too :D

baneful
05-06-2006, 10:02
looking good mate. Kepp them coming.

Zactar
05-06-2006, 23:30
this is how far I've gotten so far, whats left are the sarge, one sniper and the tele homer.. I will clean up the cloaks later, but heres a taste of whats to come.
I've started painting on the Terminator sarge with TH and the rest of the termies have just been cleaned and are ready for permanent reassembly.

heres the scouts so far (hope Pert will be happy with them when they are done :D )

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/WIP/ScoutsWIP4.jpg

Orcdom
06-06-2006, 00:01
all of them have face wounds?
better off being warpaint because i like that idea.
Steve

Zactar
06-06-2006, 06:29
@Orcdom: Its not face woundsm only the bolter guy has that, but if you have a closer look at all of my Flesh eaters they all have that redish tint around their eyes. An example: http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7653&d=1144001372

The boyz
06-06-2006, 10:10
Your Scouts are looking pretty cool Zactar, I really like the camouflage pattern on their cloaks. I also like the silencer you have added to the end of the boltguns. Great looking army by the way, cant wait to see some more updates, especially the Terminator Sargent.

Zactar
10-06-2006, 23:22
well its update time, I've finished the scouts, but did'nt get to take any photos of them, but pertinax said he'd send me some when hes put them up in his shop.

On the otherhand my work on the terminators are slow but coming along at a steady but firm pace. So here's my progress so far.

Zac

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/WIP/TermieSgtWIP.jpg

Despoiler
10-06-2006, 23:31
looking good.
very fierce looking (which is all important when your a 7 foot dreadnought).

Deadleyheadley
10-06-2006, 23:57
WOW the face looks cool ,looking forward to seing him finished :)

Evisss
11-06-2006, 01:27
Thats really good painting. Nice face painting gives him quite that aggressive look!

Zactar
11-06-2006, 19:59
The termie sarge is almost done, all I have left is scripture, and base (going to build one that stands out), and wondering if I'll put a banner or the like on top but c&c's could be helpfull, so have a look.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/WIP/TermsargeF.jpghttp://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/WIP/TermsargeL.jpghttp://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/WIP/TermsargeR.jpghttp://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/WIP/TermsargeB.jpg

Pertinax
11-06-2006, 20:17
Can you tilt the shield? It hides his snarl! Shame!

stahly
11-06-2006, 20:29
Very impressive, especially the face.

The boyz
11-06-2006, 20:54
Wow that Terminator chap is looking very impressive Zactar. Great paintjob, especially his face, I love the evil look he has and the skin tone looks superb. I also like the odd little bits of battle damage here and there, like on top of his Thunder Hammer and the bottom of his legs.

Mortare
11-06-2006, 22:19
How did you do the blood drop on his chest? Hand sculpted? The model looks very nice

Zactar
11-06-2006, 23:36
Thnx for all the nice things you say.
@pertinax: sorry bout the tilting of the shield, I know it takes away the "snarl" in the figure but all the other arms would make the mini out of dynamics.
@mortare: the blood drops are hand sculpted yes. Most the odd bits thad you dont find on any sprue in my army is usually GS'd, getting better for each time I do it.

Orcdom
12-06-2006, 00:06
yes, put a banner made out of heat formed plasticard, works great and wont tear.

all marines sarges/chars should have banners, esp terminators, because its not a sign that says "shoot me", its a sign that says "look who is coming to kill you"

Steve

The Judge
14-06-2006, 21:33
Horrifically impressive as ever.
Very nicely done.

Zactar
18-06-2006, 21:24
Well, just to show you I haven't been slack painting... here's a sample:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/WIP/WIPMisc1.jpg

Pertinax
18-06-2006, 21:28
Can we see the whole termi squad? I'm guessing they are past the bluetack (tm) stage now?

Mortare
18-06-2006, 22:47
Another call for more pictures

EmperorsChamp01
18-06-2006, 23:02
Really nice models. Keep it up

What is your Chapter?

Lord of Skulls
18-06-2006, 23:12
Zac's New Project-Flesheaters bit-by-bit
You've got one guess :rolleyes:

Zactar
22-06-2006, 01:38
Can we see the whole termi squad? I'm guessing they are past the bluetack (tm) stage now?

Sure, they are well on their way to completion, two have been completed with bases, one at 80% and the other two are well on their way, and I will hopefully have them done by this weekend as I hope to enter them into a painting competition. I've also started working on the termie libby (based on Lysander) to go with them, some GS needed for the hood and I'm using a GK sword as a force weapon.. Without further due.... WIP Termies:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/WIP/TermiesallWIP.jpg

Animerik
22-06-2006, 09:49
Great painting man. Love the look on them, the red and black combo + you painting style makes a grim apperence. Nice bases nice skin tone. Your seals needs some scribbel IMO but overall a great and grim army keep up the wonderful work!

Zactar
22-06-2006, 16:14
@Animerik: I will get to the scrolls later, when all have been done, aswell as the names on banners and vehicles.

Arcane_Blade
22-06-2006, 17:46
VERY nice painting there. I love the red and black combination, they really complement each other. I love the way you made the flesh very palid and deathly looking. Keep up the good work.
Dan:evilgrin:

Pertinax
22-06-2006, 18:39
It's a bit unfortunate that you have the three rear terminators in pretty similar poses. They all look right, lean left.

Zactar
22-06-2006, 18:55
It's a bit unfortunate that you have the three rear terminators in pretty similar poses. They all look right, lean left.

Those termie bodies are best suited for fist/gun, so they were not the best to work with, but you are right...

Calgar
22-06-2006, 20:00
Great paintjob and especially on the glowin eyes. The bases are ace. Are you planing on doing some battle damage on them?

Zactar
24-06-2006, 00:34
Great paintjob and especially on the glowin eyes. The bases are ace. Are you planing on doing some battle damage on them?

Sure all my models show some signs of battle damage.

Finally done (without scripture so far), and that mostly concludes the infantry section of my army so far (tech marine will come in time) and now i can devote myself to the Termi Libby, bhaal and tornadoes are hopefully on their way, and if I kick the mail service again I'll probably get to the rhino bits and complete that one as well... and I'm out of black spray, oh the panic!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/TermiesWithoutBanner.jpg

baneful
24-06-2006, 02:50
looking pretty damn sinister and im loving them:evilgrin: . cant wait to see what your librarian will look like.

hamani
24-06-2006, 11:26
pritty damn ***** sweet ..

Mortare
24-06-2006, 13:08
Just been back and looked through the thread, looking very good so far and nice to see the army coming on. Been a little while since we had a team photo though, any chance of one, maybe with any WIP guys tagged on aswel? Thanks!

EmperorsChamp01
24-06-2006, 13:59
Love how evil the guys look Zac. That is they way i Invision the FT. Great job.

Zactar
25-06-2006, 18:18
Finished the tech marine today so I thought it would be just as good to throw him in here now. The Servitors are ready to be sprayed but I'm out of black spray so when I get some more I'll do them aswell.

@mortare: Group picture will be arranged in a short time. I'll post a picture of the whole lot when I've done the 1500 pts, and 2000 pts.

Zac

||-MARKO-||
25-06-2006, 18:21
bloody hell thats good.

EDIT: pun not intended

Orcdom
25-06-2006, 18:41
not too sure, but if i ever get that techmarine, i think i will mount mine on a 40mm base.

yours looks good tho.

Steve

Arcane_Blade
25-06-2006, 19:17
I'm liking the Tech Priest, very well painted. i've only looked at a bit of the project so far, so I'm gonna have a look through all of it. It looks awesome so far though! :D
Dan:evilgrin:

Wintermute
26-06-2006, 18:31
Arcane_Blade the link in your post does not take you to a picture of the Techmarine. Please fix the link directly.

Wintermute
The WarSeer Inquisition

Unique1
26-06-2006, 19:01
wintermute, i think hes getting revenge on one of zactars earlier links.

well, your army certainly is looking extrordinary, very nice red and the face detail is most amazing.

Zactar
26-06-2006, 19:32
@Wintermute & Unique1: I have not posted such links, so it is probably a bad joke from Arcane_Blade's side.

Zac

Unique1
26-06-2006, 20:04
okay, i seem to be unable to find the link, it may have been in another flesheaters thread! sorry, no harm meant.

lookin gud, keep going!!

Pertinax
26-06-2006, 20:06
Forget the link. It really isn't important.

Otherwise: Zac, can we see a "team photo" before we get Diablo-ed...

Zactar
02-07-2006, 20:56
I've been a bit productive working with what I have at the moment, a second old tech marine without servo harnes is beeing done, banner on a sarge almost done, and siege weps for the dread for CoD (would love to see that inferno cannon purge some heretics), and some work on the terminator Libby. so I thought for those who wanted a look at him in WIP, all that is left is some gs sculpting of horns on the crux and the skull I've added to his leg, a blood drop on his chest and then for some scroll work and hell be ready for painting. Here we go.

@pert: If were to get Diablo'ed I'd need your copy of D2, found my copy of ToB so I'm ready when I get the cd's :D

Zactar
03-07-2006, 22:49
YAY!! The goods finally got here, so my servitors are busy assembling and spraying tornadoes and a Bhaal waiting besides a rhino in the shop to be assembled by my faithfull servitors, waiting for the armor to arrive. Tech marines are overseeing the process and messages has been sendt to hasten deliveries or I will fire off some bolter rounds into the nearest mail man that comes by my door. So by this weekend I hopefully will have something nice to show you all. P.S. Thanx again to Pert for sculpting horns for my librarians crux. He will be completed soon enough aswell.

Zac

Zactar
06-07-2006, 16:49
One landspeeder done, one to go. I could use some help, there's a dead mail man in my hallway that I don't know what to do with, brick him down under the bathroom is always an option (the FW stuff still haven't arrived). The other landspeeder is built and sprayed, and the bhaal is still nesting comfy in its box.

well well, landspeeder 1 here, c&c's would be good.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/LS1F.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/LS1L.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/LS1R.jpg

HiredSword.
06-07-2006, 17:28
looking very nice, the helmetless guy really looks like he's gunning down the opponent in a red haze of blood lust. My only criticscm would be that the zig-zag pattern might of looked better not at an angle. But that's a very minor point.

hamani
07-07-2006, 10:07
are you going to leave the base plain? i think it would look better based like the rest of your force.

Orcdom
07-07-2006, 10:28
its a flier, leave it un based, thats what the clear ones are for.
Steve

the dark angel
07-07-2006, 11:23
well iv been going through this thread and you are a brilliant painter i love the terminators and the scouts,i also love the librarian and land speeder,the colour scheme works well i may just "borrow" the scheme but alter it in places and make it a codex chapter or i will use the blood angels codex.i hope to see the project progress;)

HiredSword.
07-07-2006, 12:07
can you get rid of the shield for the librarian? It's far too reminiscent of the model your conversion is based off for my liking.

Edit: just thought, the speeder might look quite nice with the aquilla filed off and exchanged for the flesh tearer badge.

Zactar
07-07-2006, 16:18
are you going to leave the base plain? i think it would look better based like the rest of your force.

The base will be like the rest of my force, but I haven't figured out what to put there yet.

can you get rid of the shield for the librarian? It's far too reminiscent of the model your conversion is based off for my liking.

Edit: just thought, the speeder might look quite nice with the aquilla filed off and exchanged for the flesh tearer badge.

I think I'll keep it the way it is at the moment, the aquilla on the speeders give a nice contrast to the main theme. The shield, hmmm might give it some thought.

By the way I've done some painting on the Libby, have a look.

Zac

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/WIP/TermieLibbyWIPP.jpg

the dark angel
07-07-2006, 16:49
loving the librarian so far hes fabulose! could you tell me how you paint the red please? i would be most grateful;)

Zactar
07-07-2006, 17:20
loving the librarian so far hes fabulose! could you tell me how you paint the red please? i would be most grateful;)

The red is base drybrushed scab red over black, then three or four thinned out layers of red gore, high lights are first red gore/blood red and extremes are red gore/blood red/dwarf flesh, with black/brown ink lining finished off with a coat of undilluted red ink.

Zac

The Judge
07-07-2006, 17:23
Oh no he doesn't have a massive rock to stand on! All the others will look bigger than him!

Excellent work once again though.

the dark angel
07-07-2006, 17:27
thanks a lot! i wish to see this thread progress:)

Pertinax
07-07-2006, 21:50
Can we have a shot of the GS work on the horns on the shoulder pad?

Zactar
08-07-2006, 17:24
Can we have a shot of the GS work on the horns on the shoulder pad?

Sure I'll even do better, here's a 90% complete picts of the Libby, the only things that have to be finished off is the base (need to find a porus rock that i can drill in), and the force weapon, so if any of you have any good suggestions for the base and sword, feel free to come with them.

Zac

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/TermieLibbyFront.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/TermieLibbyLeft.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/TermieLibbyRight.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/TermieLibbyRear.jpg

Orcdom
08-07-2006, 18:35
piece of cork would be easiest.
use this i would drill clear through and pin the fig down into the base. i am not sure how well cork would hold superglue.

also if you get sand stone you can drill that fairly easy with a masonry bit and drill motor.

BTW looking great.

Steve

Simto
08-07-2006, 23:33
Can you please tell us how you paint the Cloth / purity seals ? :)

the dark angel
09-07-2006, 10:23
wow hes awsome! loveing the blue,but the same question how do you do your purity seals cloth?

keep up the good work!:)

Pertinax
09-07-2006, 11:09
My only critisism is that the lower part of the shield looks a bit empty, considering that the rest shield has a quite busy relief, and the lower part is just a flat painted chapter emblem.

Zactar
09-07-2006, 13:49
Can you please tell us how you paint the Cloth / purity seals ? :)

wow hes awsome! loveing the blue,but the same question how do you do your purity seals cloth?

keep up the good work!:)

I do parchment (purity seals) much the same way I do bone, starting with snakebite, then snakebite/bleached bone, then bleached bone, finishing off with extremes of white (currently using vallejo white). Hope this helps.;)

Zac

the dark angel
09-07-2006, 14:50
simular to the way i do it but i do ,snakebite leather then bubonic brown then bleached bone,extreme white/bleached bone.your way seems better:) ta for the tip

Serpent
10-07-2006, 18:47
Looking very good. I'd love to meet this army. Any chance of me luring you down to Gothenburg for a tournament next year, or perhaps Malmoe this summer? :)

Serpent

Muffe
10-07-2006, 22:30
kinda have to agree with Pert here..

The bottom part of the shield looks abit boring compared to the top piece. It feels like it is missing something. Maybe try to sculpt on the markings there in sted and maybe some more leafs and stuff?

Zactar
13-07-2006, 13:21
@pert & moffe: I'll see what I can do with the Libby's shield. Gotta find some thin plasticard or the like first.

I've finished off the second Landspeeder and the Techmarine servitors so here they are to your viewers pleasure

Zac

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/LS1F-1.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/LS1L-1.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/LS1R-1.jpg

HiredSword.
13-07-2006, 21:15
army shot please :)

It's looking really good, although just so i have something to say; maybe give a fe more highlights to the servitors flesh?

Pertinax
13-07-2006, 22:17
I would try to add some warning chevrons on the claws of the servitors, if I were you, but that's your call.

Zactar
13-07-2006, 23:42
army shot please :)

It's looking really good, although just so i have something to say; maybe give a fe more highlights to the servitors flesh?

The servitors are fine the way they are I think, and Pert, I hate doing chevrons and I never seem to get them right. Btw, my forgeworld shipment finally got here so I dont have to bury any more post men under the patio. So I finally assembled the Bhaal, added custom front plate, all left is adding the rivets, purity seals and some other goodies (have some skulls and stuff that would look good, but will tac first to see if it works). The top hatch is changeable so I can put on the storm bolter when I want to. If you have any suggestions to what to add, feel free to come with them.

Army shot HiredSword, will come soon, when the bhaal and the last rhino is finished I will give you all a nice 1500 and 2000 pts army shot, and In that occasion I will get them shot down at Pert's store.

Here are some Pics of what I'm working on at the moment:

P.S. The Marine bits are a Dark Apostle I'm working on, based on the pic in the chaos codex, this is my first attempt at major sculpting so be nice ;)

baneful
14-07-2006, 00:52
Loving those servitors Zac, you have nasty looking flesh down to a fine art.
Though I agree with pert how about some warning chevrons on their claws.

The speeder is nice too...though they feel like they are missing something compared to the others. Ill think on it and try and put my finger on it.

cheers

Pertinax
14-07-2006, 07:08
Chevrons are easy. I'll show you how if you want.

-=B@toun3T=-
14-07-2006, 12:50
Flesh Eaters are, for me, one of my favorite chapter.
The color scheme, the background, there are a little like Flesh Tearers, but more awesome.

Zactar
14-07-2006, 13:02
The speeder is nice too...though they feel like they are missing something compared to the others. Ill think on it and try and put my finger on it.

cheers

I think a few purity seals and trophies might do the trick, maybe some spikes, but when you manage to put your finger on it, come with your suggestions.

Zac:D

Muffe
14-07-2006, 20:17
Flesh Eaters are, for me, one of my favorite chapter.
The color scheme, the background, there are a little like Flesh Tearers, but more awesome.

well seeing as their colour scheme per Space Marine Collectors guide and Roguetrader(40k first edition) their colour scheme is complete red..kinda like the ordinary blood angels..just abit darker but still all red:)

Zactar
16-07-2006, 19:55
Just a short update, the rhino is finally assembled, so I thought I'd show you how I make the side doors hinged, but thats for last. In the meantime I've started painting the pred so Ill keep you posted until then.

Zac

Zactar
18-07-2006, 01:46
Well one down and one to go.. The bhaal just came off the assembly in a rush (I guess that I'm getting a bit fed up with this now, but what the heck). So if you have any suggestions or tips on the bhaal, shoot for the main hull.

Zac

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/BhaalFront.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/BhaalRight.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/BhaalLeft.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Flesheaters/BhaalRear.jpg

baneful
18-07-2006, 02:35
Looks good but is a bit dark... is missing something like those speeders.... Ill get back to you on it at some point :p

Also if you get to fed up (im sure you just ment the modeling side of things) and decide to sell them, let me know.....

ZAChos
18-07-2006, 08:46
Its missing the medusa V campain badge...

CMDante
18-07-2006, 16:25
Try giving it some gold edging round the windshields and a name on the name plate. Maybe even a little flesh eaters style freehand job somewhere on one of the front plates? Or how about some scared text type stuff and campaign badges?

It's looking very nice for a "rush" job!

Keep up the good work, I love this army!

Serpent
18-07-2006, 22:06
How about some red on the front, in the jagged style you've done for the rear of your vehicles?

And I agree that it should have a name. :)

Serpent

Zactar
18-07-2006, 23:36
@ZAChos: According to Flesh Eater Fluff they don't use any designations, or badges of merits except, fang markings (the jagged pattern), or simple roman numericals on their legs, and purity seals.

@CMDante & Serpent: Well, I might do some more free hand on it, but I have to think on that one, and it does have a name, Its Neagoe, from ancient Wallachian which I have taken all the names in the army from, but I still haven't painted any names or script on any of my vehicles or marines yet as that will be some of the last second work on them.

I have finnaly given the marines squad markings the roman I, II, III, and IV painted in white on the right legs of the marines.

I'll see if I can give a tutorial on how I do hinged doors for the Rhino's tomorrow.

Zac :D

Zactar
19-07-2006, 12:46
Heres the Tutorial I promised I'd give you.

The Things you need (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Rhino%20Door%20Tutorial/Start.jpg). First off start by cutting off the innermost segment (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Rhino%20Door%20Tutorial/Step-1.jpg) of the rhino door hinges, then drill a hole through it (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Rhino%20Door%20Tutorial/Step-2.jpg). Using your forceps, bend the end (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Rhino%20Door%20Tutorial/Step-4.jpg) of the paper clip to a 90 degree angle, making two (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Rhino%20Door%20Tutorial/Step5.jpg) of the L sections. Insert them into the holes (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Rhino%20Door%20Tutorial/Step6.jpg) of the rhino door. Mark off two spots on the main hull where the hinges are to be inserted, drill them out (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Rhino%20Door%20Tutorial/Step-7.jpg), insert the door and apply super glue on the inside of the hull (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Rhino%20Door%20Tutorial/Step-8.jpg). Then close the door, wait for it to dry and Viola! its a working hinged rhino door..
(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/Zactar/Rhino%20Door%20Tutorial/Finish.jpg)
Zac

Pertinax
22-07-2006, 21:35
That should be a seperate thread in the general forum. Then it's ripe for FAQing.

Otherwise, it looks good, that army. But I'm still not convinced about the bases. Especially when seeing them in real life.

Those marines die really fast too.... ;)

Pertinax
23-07-2006, 14:35
Thanks for the post in general.

baneful
24-07-2006, 05:38
Those marines die really fast too.... ;)

That sounds like we need a quick battle report, me thinks.;)

Chaplain Desmodus
28-07-2006, 13:32
+++ Chaplain Desmodus reporting in +++

I found this thread just now and have read all of it with great interest and not a few wows and oooohs along the way. :)

The faces on your FEs are the best I've seen so far, not quite so ghostly as my own, but more bestial-human, very nicely done. The libby and termie sergeant are my favorites, absolutely. (Perhaps add a swirly pattern to the hem of the libby's cloak?) The death company are very nice also, great job there.

Really really cool, all of it. I would very much like to include your army in the Flesh Eaters Worldwide section of my website. Email me (desmodus@telia.com) or PM me if you're interested.

Pertinax
04-08-2006, 21:03
That sounds like we need a quick battle report, me thinks.;)

Well, basically, it was a take and hold against my infantry iron warriorsa army. Oddly, the loyalists deployed to the side, whilst I deployed central.

The end result was pretty much that the loyalists had to walk into the middle of my fire line, and die in a variety of ways whilst doing it.

Zactar
16-08-2006, 20:08
Well its been a while but I've been busy with my work (other than GW oriented stuff) and a summer vacation where beer seems to be more fun than modelling. Now that I'm getting back to my regular schedule, I've started on some more stuff. The final rhino has been built and undercoated and I've started work on my Sanguinary High priest based on the new terminator chaplain (I might do a power armored version later with honour guard later, but we'll see)

Thanks to Desmodus for his kind words, and when the rhino has been finished I'm going to get some full army pics for you all and hopefully on the Flesheaters Homepage.

baneful
17-08-2006, 00:22
Hurrah! You have returned.

Cant wait to see whats planned with that High Preist.

Zactar
19-08-2006, 22:59
Yes I'm back, a bit slow at the moment, but progress still, I've recently bought corbulo for his grail and I spotted his shoulder mark and thought I would do the same on the my high priest. The biggest challenge so far is what colour to do him, either white or gold, not sure yet so if you have any Ideas I'd like to hear them.

So far Ive attached the apothecary bits to the torso and Im working on the left arm where the apothecary bits are more resistant to cooperation than I had hoped for, but it will work out in the end (I hope). The head is just a temp, until I find a more suitable one. I am open for suggestions :chrome: The axe seems a bit on the small side, so I thought I'd see if I could make a better one out of plasticard (or if I should rip off Dante's).

Zac

baneful
20-08-2006, 00:27
Looking good so far Zac, though the axe deffinately is lacking at the moment.

Gold armour would be an interesting change, but then again the rest of the army has no major changes. Librarian included, gold might make him stand out to much.
But other then that, I wouldnt mind seeing your take on gold and a combination of chapter colours.

Have you got many more additions planned for the army?

bobert the great clen one
20-08-2006, 02:16
nice army woot 100th post!

Zealot
20-08-2006, 06:19
Looking good so far Zac, though the axe deffinately is lacking at the moment.

I would have to agree. I think it is because the guy is so big that in his hands a regular sized axe looks more like a hatchet... for chopping wood, not enemies of the Emperor.

Pertinax
20-08-2006, 06:43
What about not giving him an axe at all? What about a flair or something like that?

Serpent
20-08-2006, 07:59
I would advocate using the Terminator Sergeant weapon. Isn't there an axe there, or am I mistaken?

Serpent

Zactar
20-08-2006, 08:40
What about not giving him an axe at all? What about a flair or something like that?

A flair please explain (flail.... nah)

I would advocate using the Terminator Sergeant weapon. Isn't there an axe there, or am I mistaken?

Serpent

There isn't an axe on With the terminator Sargeant. And yest the axe looks like a small hatchett, so I'll probably make one out of plasticard (a new challenge !!!).

Serpent
21-08-2006, 12:54
Nice and big, please... :D

Serpent

baneful
24-08-2006, 00:14
Why not try logan grimnars axe (morkai?)?

its at least terminator scale.

Mr.chair
24-08-2006, 01:37
Actually there's a very cool looking double bladed ork axe in the clasic and collector's book. It would not a little modding to make it look like it has power attachments, but other than that it would be perfect. Should be on the metal ork weapins sprue. Everything looks great! looking forward to more pics.

FearFrost
24-08-2006, 01:44
Give him a plastic second edition marine knife :D

Aquilla
24-08-2006, 13:29
Really nice work Zac!

I don't think dantes axe would work, it's even smaller than the one you're using at the moment.