PDA

View Full Version : 3000pts Competative HE Army

Death Korp
27-08-2010, 11:28
Hey all,

I'm thinking about going to a tournament next Easter with my newly made High Elf army I'll have by then and I'm going to have a go at winning it too :P Since people are going to be bringing the :cheese:, I thought I'd bring some cheese for the first time to a Tournament (Never try to use :cheese: usually).

After seeing a few High Elf armies around (usualy battering my Warriors of Chaos), I think I have a decent idea of how to build a decent competative list.

LORDS

*Teclis: 475pts (Shadow) (Phoenix Guard)

*Prince: 268pts (General) (Phonenix Guard)
-Great Weapon
-Dragon Helm
-Vambraces of Defence
Crown of Command

HEROES

*Korhil: 140pts (Spearmen (To add a little killing power and Stubborn))

*Noble:182pts (Phoenix Guard)
-BSB (Banner of the World Dragon)
-Shield
-Halberd
-Dragon Armour

CORE

*25x Spearmen: 270pts
-Full Command
-War Banner

*25x Spearmen: 250pts
-Full Command

*10x Archers: 120pts

*10x Archers: 120pts

SPECIAL

*14x Swordmasters: 260pts
-Full Command
-Gleaming Pendant
-Amulet of Light

*20x Phoenix Guard: 340pts
-Full Command
-Banner of Eternal Flame

*20x White Lions: 380pts
-Full Command
-Banner of Sorcery

*5x Dragon Princes: 200pts
-Full Command

TOTAL: 2999pts

Any input at all please will be helpful.

Cheers,

DK

acsmedic
27-08-2010, 12:14
Not a fan of your rare choices... 1 bolt thrower is IMHO not worth the points and 1 eagle will just get shot down almost immediately. Perhaps trade them for a noble with the reaper bow and a GW it will give your spears a bit of punch in CC and 3 S5 BS6 shots are far more reliable than 1 bolt thrower and the more saves hydras and HPA's make the more likely they are to fail.

I also have a hard problem with lots of SM. I have been running up against tons of shooting in 8th and they just die in droves to it. My WL have been a much better choice.

Additionally I find that two blocks of archers is not very effective and usually go with 2 blocks of 25 spears at this point level.

You are missing one trinket that I believe is a must have in any HE army. The amulet of light. put it on one of the unit champs and that unit is your ethereal killers. (of course I played A LOT of VC in 7th)

I also still think that there is value in Dragon Princes or a lion chariot. Preventing a charge from a tooled up dread lord and unit of CoK or keeping a hydra from breath weapon range by charging it is really valuable. (but I am not sure what you would drop)

Good luck.

Death Korp
27-08-2010, 16:04
Cheers mate,

I've had a little play around with the army list, and came up with a few ideas due to your suggestions. Will change it now :)

Cheers,

DK

thesheriff
27-08-2010, 21:32
Why not turn those archers into spearmen to bulk up the units, you could buy 26 extra spearmen, either an extra unit or you could push 38 i each 5x8, many...many attacks.
And life on techlis, if its competative, its the way to go.

thesheriff

D'Haran
27-08-2010, 22:03
Archers do seem outta place unless you're playing a scenario where you need them occupying a table quarter. DP unit is rather small, if 1 dies you won't be breaking ranks, and they're not fast cav so a bit on the slow side killing warmachines and mage hunting. Personally I'd feel better with 4 Eagles, and for the points it's a much better investment.

acsmedic
27-08-2010, 22:11
Cheers mate,

I've had a little play around with the army list, and came up with a few ideas due to your suggestions. Will change it now :)

Cheers,

DK

good to hear

let us know how you do