2 Repeater Bolt Thrower @ 200 Pts

6 Dragon Princes @ 251 Pts
Lance; Dragon Armour; Shield; full command Ithilmar Barding
Banner of Sorcery [50]

Casting Pool: 9
Dispel Pool: 6

Models in Army: 71

2250 ish

my first attempt with elves so be kind...

I do like seer hence the magic heavy approuch, reall after a cav slanted balanced army, with a bit of everything.

normalay play chaos and Undead so this is a bit of change for me!! just looking forward to so much choice of spell lores. It is a very general list, just what I wanted to start with really, though tempted to try one with a bit more shooting and/or more cav.

as for tactics nothing 2 out there, archers and RBT along with 10+ casting dice create a base of fire while the chariots and cav protect the spears and look for flanks.

as for spells the level 2 will prolly take life, light or metal, life depending on terrian the other 2 for close combatish spells

level one either second sign or drain magic.

level 4 really depends on what I'm facing death, shadow look like fun, life handy if there is plenty of terrian, doing my best to stay away from heavens cause it is sooo over used..

Lord Anathir
06-03-2006, 01:25
that is SOLID. one of the best high elf lists i have seen posted around here.

may i suggest changing those spears into units of 18, ranked up 4 wide. (or if you want spears you can reform them into 6x3) the common 5x4 setup is kind of okay at both the static CR and kills but great at neither.

Drop a dragon prince so you get room for your commander on horse, and get a banner of ellyrion for one spear elf block. Cavalry have the movement to go around terrain, spears do not.

but as i said....its very well done.

Eldacar
06-03-2006, 01:49
I don't have much time right now, but in any case:

Archmage @ 355 Pts
Magic Level 4;
Seer [30]
Staff of Solidity [20]
Dispel Scroll [20]
Ring of Fury [30]
Seer isn't that useful on an Archmage. For a more point-effective method of getting the spells you want, take the Silver Wand. I'd also invest in another Dispel Scroll as well. It's my opinion that only taking one isn't enough (although that may just be due to the environment that you play in).

Commander @ 142 Pts
Great Weapon; Dragon Armour; Steed, Ithilmar Barding
Radiant Gem of Hoeth [45]
Pure of Heart [0]
Exchange the Great Weapon for a Lance and Shield. Great Weapons tend to waste the high initiative that High Elves pay for, so don't make those spent points worthless. You'll want to break on the charge anyway, so the Lance will still provide you with the +2S bonus.

Lord Anathir
06-03-2006, 02:06
eldacar....the reason he is taking seer over silver wand is so that he can take the staff of solidity instead. it is quite a usefull item actually.

backslide
06-03-2006, 09:02
eldacar....the reason he is taking seer over silver wand is so that he can take the staff of solidity instead. it is quite a usefull item actually.

thats it in one, I don't want his brains blown out by his first miscast,

but as i said....its very well done.

cheers

figured it wasn't bad for a first go, I'm use to more "power"armys like chaos and undead it's nice to have a change this will be that for sure.

so looking forward to having a choice of magic lores...

Eldacar
06-03-2006, 11:53
I can understand the basis for the assumption, but statistically, using three dice will give you a 7.4% chance of a miscast. That's not very high, really. Four dice bring the possibility up to 13.2% (sometimes too high, sometimes fine, depending on how lucky you are when rolling), while taking two dice would bring the chances of a miscast down to 2.8%. Of course, two dice won't do much more than cast the basic spells.

So based on that, I wouldn't use the Staff of Solidity. It's just my opinion, but the item is a crutch to save you from bad dice rolls, and your luck shouldn't really be bad enough to need it very often (of course, I don't know how good you are at rolling dice, so you might be horrible at it for all I know :p ).

backslide
06-03-2006, 19:41
So based on that, I wouldn't use the Staff of Solidity. It's just my opinion, but the item is a crutch to save you from bad dice rolls, and your luck shouldn't really be bad enough to need it very often (of course, I don't know how good you are at rolling dice, so you might be horrible at it for all I know ).

thats it in 1 really!!:) I really don't like taking a level 4 without some protection from miscasts, you should see how offten I had to use my lord of changes rerolls on them...

Eldacar
07-03-2006, 01:28
you should see how offten I had to use my lord of changes rerolls on them...
Well, that would explain things then. ;)

backslide
07-03-2006, 03:15
that is SOLID. one of the best high elf lists i have seen posted around here.

funny that I actually based it on your tatics artical!

Lord Anathir
08-03-2006, 02:07
hahaha...it it a touch of...'anathir' in it.

backslide
08-03-2006, 02:26
yes well the tactics made sense and had all the compnates i was looking for

Lord Anathir
08-03-2006, 16:37
yeah, my 2k list is
lvl4, 2 lvl 2s
2x 18 spears
2x5 helms
2x chariots
5DP
2 rbt
2 eagles

really close.

backslide
10-03-2006, 22:16
at this satge I'd say I will tyr that one as well Lord Anathir, just for the hiper magic did you not PM me one with 3 chariots?

Lord Anathir
11-03-2006, 23:02
i did, but i changed that one as well, my current one (which i actually tried, and had it win twice in a day, therefore i will stick with this one until i lose) is...

lvl 4, silver wand, scroll, ring of fury
lvl 2, jewel of dusk, ring of corin
lvl 2, seer, scroll
Commander, horse, helm of fortune, enchanted shield, sword of might
20 spearelves, full command, war banner
5 Helms
5 Helms
5 Dragon Princes, SB, Banner of sorcyer
2 Chariots
2 Eagles
2 RBT