PDA

View Full Version : Orc Bullies

eron12
27-08-2010, 17:38
I recently aquired an older version of the O&G rulebook, and I am perplexed as to the purpose of orc bullies. As far as I can tell they serve no purpose besides being another crew member to fight if someone charges the machine. Am I missing something here?

Memnos
27-08-2010, 17:39
They have a higher leadership, so things that are leadership dependent they have a higher chance of beating.

So panic and such.

Ultimate Life Form
27-08-2010, 17:40
Well, he's more like an additional wound token nowadays... :shifty:

Avian
27-08-2010, 17:43
And you ignore Panic caused by Goblins, which is nice.

TsukeFox
27-08-2010, 19:00
And and! It is one more Orc to add to your Mob. Further one more model is the difference between having 349 models and 350 models. Numbers count buddy an when you waaaghh!! That is one more trooper ready to do some killing. And are you really going to trust the goblins with warmachines?

Arnizipal
28-08-2010, 04:07
Not in the older version of the armybook (by which he means the 6th edition one I think).

Wise Guy Sam
28-08-2010, 05:12
Orc bullies have whips. Uno, to whip people. That's more perpose then most Orcs bother with.

And to take your lunch money.

Urgat
28-08-2010, 06:01

And it makes nearby goblin AND orc units panic, which isn't as nice.

Pacorko
28-08-2010, 08:00
***switching to MK voice***

Ultimate thread fatality!

URGAT... WINS!

Still, they will whip you silly while running fer it--with a peg leg!--and taking your lunch money. That's to be the ultimate in orcy coolness! :p

Korraz
28-08-2010, 08:32

A real orc isn't back there anyway, so who cares? :evilgrin:

BlakOrk
28-08-2010, 09:19
Why would it cause orc units to panic? It's still a goblin unit. For that same reason they wouldn't lose the "Fear Elves" rule.

Just curious.

Urgat
28-08-2010, 10:29
A real orc isn't back there anyway, so who cares? :evilgrin:

Well, turn 1 massed fire could be nasty :p My warmachines tend to be quite far from the general, on the flanks, too...

Why would it cause orc units to panic? It's still a goblin unit. For that same reason they wouldn't lose the "Fear Elves" rule.

Just curious.

Because AFAIK it does, actually. But if I'm wrong, well, even better :p

Makaber
28-08-2010, 16:49
The most obvious benefit is a solid Ld boost, but that was a bigger issue back in the days, when the crew was likely to abandon ship and leave the machine. A more subtle, but very good reason to take bullies was to get a war machine crew of four, which could then be bolstered by attaching a character, say a Shaman, to the unit for US5, so it could hold table quarters. Of course, that went out the window.

So, benefits of bullies: Helps against panic, and an additional wound. Plus, they look well 'ard.

Nighthawke
28-08-2010, 18:58
does no one think the current orc bully model is awesome? he has awooden leg and an eye patch i belive, how awesome is that :D

Arnizipal
28-08-2010, 19:57
Yeah, the current rock lobber crew is great. I also like the two Golbins with the crank who are stepping on a squig :D