PDA

View Full Version : mordheim

Imma_De_Freakin_Pope
06-03-2006, 03:27
I have just started to play mordheim, and I have chosen to field a witch hunter group, while my brother has started a undead band

here is my 500 pt witch hunter warband, please rate it and see if it will do O.K:

Gunther Velsik (Witch Hunter Captain)

-Heavy Armour

-Brace of Pistols

Boloff Heinsmen (Witch Hunter)

-Light Armour

-Shield

-Sword

Kalmore Reingard (warrior Priest)

-Double-Handed Weapon

-Heavy Armour

Karl - Fromur - Heinrich (3 zealots)

-Swords

-Bucklers

-Light Armour

Gunthers Hounds (2 Warhounds)

that is exactly 500 pts, I have not yet played it, but it does have a portion of almost everything: magic, good defence, numbers

i figure it is pretty decent, I will hire some flagellents when i play a couple of campaigns and make some money

Festus
06-03-2006, 07:37
Hi

Drop the armour and buy more bodies/equipment.

Buy missile weapons like x-bows, and fill all your Hero slots.

Greetings
Festus

McMullet
06-03-2006, 12:31
Seconded. Armour is a waste of GCs, especially at the start of a campaign. Lose the armour and shields, buy more guys. Some missile units wouldn't be bad, though more zealots or flagellents would work well too IMO. And, again as Festus says, use up all your hero slots, these guys are providing you with income!

Odin
06-03-2006, 19:43
Absolutely. Armour is something you might think of buying if you've got loads of spare cash and you already have a full complement of troops armed with as much equipment as they can carry.

You need to have as many Heroes as possible in Mordheim, as they determine your income. Without heroes you have no income and you can forget about buying any new fighters.

Crossbows are your friend with Witch Hunters. The maximum warband size is 12, where most warbands get 15 or even more. Crossbows can help to whittle down the enemy, especially when combined with skills like Nimble, Trick-Shot and Fast Shot.

Flagellants kick ****. Just cross your fingers and hope one of them gets "That Lad's Got Talent". A Flagellant Hero is pretty much as mean as a Possessed or a Vampire. get him a great weapon, Strongman, Resilient and a few other nice skills and advances and he'll go toe-to-toe with pretty much anyone.

Imma_De_Freakin_Pope
07-03-2006, 02:32
Thanks, i will re-do the army and repost it

Scott

krieg
09-03-2006, 18:40
crossbows are a must, and position as many of you men with them on upper levels of buildings, zombies on initiative 1 are very rarely going to be able to climb and charge, and when they do they arent much use. and as festus says, get more heroes, 1 they provide more income by giving you more dice for exploration, 2 they provide more chances of getting something good on the exploration chart, 3 your break limit might increase, 4 more rolls on the rare charts for buying items

Tom
10-03-2006, 02:24
Note that to start out, I do believe you can't fill your hero slots (aren't basic Witch Hunters just the basic 0-2?)

krieg
10-03-2006, 03:09
Theres a possibility of 5 heroes for a starting warband. 1 captain, 0-3 witch hunters, and 0-1 warrior priest