PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitor s as daemon princes?

carldooley
28-08-2010, 04:20
it is feasible to use Inquisitor models as Demons or demon princes?

rather, how are they scaled in relation to 40k demons and demon princes?

Formosa
28-08-2010, 04:36
Demon princes with a fair ammount of convertion, they are too big for "normal" demons being 54mm models

cuda1179
28-08-2010, 05:33
Just remember that in Inquisitor scale there is an actual size difference between "human" size and "space marine" size. The space marine figures are fairly bigger.

In 4th Edition I wanted to do a 1000 sons army. Since Tzeench isn't too big on mutation I just wanted a human (more or less) looking man in Power armor that was just bigger. I used the Chaos Magus model and it worked perfectly.

eyescrossed
28-08-2010, 06:14
You know those shoulder pads that come with the new Daemon Prince? Would they be in scale with an Inquisitor Space Marine?

Inquisitor Engel
28-08-2010, 07:06
Since Tzeench isn't too big on mutation

Tzeench is THE mutator.... :eyebrows: Bigger on mutations than any other Chaos God. Seriously.

t-tauri
28-08-2010, 11:15
In 4th Edition I wanted to do a 1000 sons army. Since Tzeench isn't too big on mutation I just wanted a human (more or less) looking man in Power armor that was just bigger. I used the Chaos Magus model and it worked perfectly.

One of the reasons for the Rubric was to stem the uncontrolled mutation of the "ordinary" Thousand Sons.

The Inquisitor models are around 54mm in size compared to around 28mm for 40k minis so if you want a 40k "giant" the Inquisitor models are pretty much ideal. Tyrus and the Space Marine variants are very good as the basis for a Daemon Prince.

Imperialis_Dominatus
28-08-2010, 11:23
I use a Brother Artemis model for my Prince. He isn't finished yet but he's basically a giant Marine covered in Imperial iconography with wings and a flaming spear. Gonna be cool.

With enough greenstuff and plastic Chaos bits, though, you could make Artemis into a truly terrifying Daemon Prince. He stands head and shoulders above the old metal Daemon Prince (how weird it feels to say 'old' in relation to that pretty model).

Since Tzeench isn't too big on mutation

Lulz.

LonelyPath
28-08-2010, 13:02
I use the Jenn Orechiel model as a Daemon Princess of Slaanesh, it looks pretty good with all the conversion work :)