PDA

View Full Version : 2 battle for skulls pass sets --> dwarfs

draccan
28-08-2010, 18:13
Hi

I have two sets of battle for skulls pass dwarfs. Is that enough to get a family member started on Warhammer?

I have two armies and other members have other stuff, but I am looking to get someone started on Dwarfs.

Also what is the next 3-5 must haves for the Dwarf player?

I actually got 1900 points out of the two sets in Army Builder. Not sure about competitiveness though..

draccan
28-08-2010, 18:45
2000 Pts - Dwarfs Roster

Dwarf Lord (1#, 263 pts)
1 Dwarf Lord @ 263 pts (General; Hand Weapon; Crossbow; Gromril Armor; Shield)
1 Runic Weapon (Rune of Fury x1)
1 Runic Armor (Rune of Iron x2)
1 Runic Talisman (Rune of Fate x1; Rune of Luck x1)

Thane (1#, 195 pts)
1 Thane (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 195 pts (Hand Weapon; Gromril Armor; Battle Standard Bearer; Oath Stone)
1 Runic Standard (Rune of Sanctuary x2; Strollaz's Rune)

Dragon Slayer (1#, 95 pts)
1 Dragon Slayer @ 95 pts (Hand Weapon; Slayer; Unbreakable)
1 Runic Weapon (Master Rune of Breaking)

Dragon Slayer (1#, 100 pts)
1 Dragon Slayer @ 100 pts (Hand Weapon; Slayer; Unbreakable)
1 Runic Weapon (Rune of Fury x2)

Dwarf Warriors (24#, 217 pts)
23 Dwarf Warriors @ 217 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour)
1 Veteran (Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour)

Thunderers (10#, 175 pts)
9 Thunderers @ 175 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Dwarf Handgun; Light Armour; Shield)
1 Veteran (Hand Weapon; Dwarf Handgun; Light Armour; Shield)

Thunderers (10#, 175 pts)
9 Thunderers @ 175 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Dwarf Handgun; Light Armour; Shield)
1 Veteran (Hand Weapon; Dwarf Handgun; Light Armour; Shield)

Miners (8#, 168 pts)
7 Miners @ 168 pts (Always Strikes Last; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Blasting Charges; Pick; Heavy Armour)
1 Prospector (Hand Weapon; Steam Drill; Heavy Armour)

Miners (8#, 168 pts)
7 Miners @ 168 pts (Always Strikes Last; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Blasting Charges; Pick; Heavy Armour)
1 Prospector (Hand Weapon; Steam Drill; Heavy Armour)

Runesmith (1#, 70 pts)
1 Runesmith @ 70 pts (Hand Weapon; Gromril Armor)

Artillery Battery (4#, 125 pts)
1 Cannon @ 125 pts (Rune of Forging; Cannon)
3 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)

Artillery Battery (4#, 145 pts)
1 Cannon @ 145 pts (Master Rune of Immolation; Rune of Fortune; Cannon)
3 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)

Validation Report:
Army Subtype: Dwarf Army; Edition: 8th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 1896

SiNNiX
28-08-2010, 19:12
Looks good so far; when you eventually finalize the list, I'd get rid of the Slayer characters and probably the Miners, too. Also, substitute the Lord for a stacked Runelord and get rid of the Runesmith. That's just me.

The must-have Dwarf units are Organ Guns, Longbeards (personal preference), Grudge Throwers, Warriors and Gyrocopters... aaaah just kiddin! Not Gyrocopters. Don't ever take Gyrocopters unless you're bored.

draccan
28-08-2010, 19:19
oops I added the Runesmith by mistake.. the two sets does not include him.. :-p

What's wrong with the miners. Great weapons, heavy armor and the special rule.. ain't good?

edit: agree about the troll slayers... since there is a not a unit they can join, they are worthless..

SiNNiX
28-08-2010, 19:49
Just personal preference I guess. If they work for you, go for it. I just usually prefer more Warriors!

draccan
28-08-2010, 19:54
Just personal preference I guess. If they work for you, go for it. I just usually prefer more Warriors!

Oh! I have no clues about dwarfs..

SiNNiX
28-08-2010, 20:05
Well Miners are effectively Warriors w/ great weapons, and for 1 point more they can go underground and sneak up behind people, so they're not a bad unit at all. I just don't use them as underground advance doesn't fit into my boring strategy of sitting back and slaughtering my opponent with giant rocks and sticks.

draccan
28-08-2010, 20:11
would two miner teams of eight or one of 16 be more usefull for the above (beginner) army?

PeG
28-08-2010, 20:46
I would recomend you to play both versions and actually test the list yourself. You will have fun while you do it and learn a lot of things about your army as well as warhammer in general. Copying an existing list or building a list on the experience of other gamers gives you a more efficient list (as in winning more often) but is less fun especially if you are playing against other newbies.

draccan
30-08-2010, 16:38
I would recomend you to play both versions and actually test the list yourself. You will have fun while you do it and learn a lot of things about your army as well as warhammer in general. Copying an existing list or building a list on the experience of other gamers gives you a more efficient list (as in winning more often) but is less fun especially if you are playing against other newbies.

Of course, but it is always nice to hear from experienced longbeards on how to expand from here... And get advice for a list..