PDA

View Full Version : What is Battle for Skull Pass worth now?

Shadow_Steed
28-08-2010, 20:37
Hi I have an intact Bfsp. Do you think it will be worth more or less the longer I wait?

What do you reckon it is worth now?

Cheers!

Shamutanti
28-08-2010, 20:40
Less. It has an old rulebook, why would it be worth more?

IanR
28-08-2010, 20:42
if you wait about 90 years :p, if gw had it in stock it would be worth 60 - cos they'd have recycled the paper & plastic to make island of blood figures!

Jedi152
28-08-2010, 20:42
The night gobbos are the only thing of value to O&G players.

Apart form that, not really.

musical
28-08-2010, 20:45
Well the Independent here sells them for 40 new and I think they have 3-4 in stock.

knightime98
28-08-2010, 21:12
I also think that the monopose models from the kit are not the best. They suffice but are not great. Night Gobbos and Dwarf Warriors both are just stale and stagnant. Just my thoughts on it. For this part, it makes it a bit less valuable. So, it seems to me.

Pacorko
28-08-2010, 21:24
Less and less until it reaches some 60% off the original retail price. So, better sell it quick for 20% less and cut your losses.

Kevlar
28-08-2010, 21:59
Other than the naked slayer and maybe the troll I don't really see much value in that set for collectors. I'm sure the goblins will always sell since people will need them for hordes, but I would not expect more than $1 per model at best.

Haravikk
29-08-2010, 01:03
I nabbed myself just the slayer for the uniqueness of it, but the rest isn't that great so I wouldn't expect the value to go up. If you sell some of the unique bits like the scenery and better characters then you might get a bit more for it on eBay.

The main models themselves aren't that great, especially compared to the multi-part sets, and the Dwarf cannon is pretty ugly IMO.

R-Love
29-08-2010, 01:59
Assuming you split it up before you sell it, roughly the same. 20 goblins for instance, are worth the same amount of money in 7th or 8th. I'd guess you'd make cost back on the goblins (maybe a bit of profit on the spiders and Dwarfs), but your unlikely to sell the heroes, cannon or troll for much. If you sell the whole set, it's likely worth less than you paid for it - split it up and sell it by the unit, you should at least make the cost back.

kormas
29-08-2010, 07:07
R-Love i just thought i should say that the 'carebearorist' days were aklot of fun :), i was one of the first people to jump in on that :).

i actualy think that the gobbos will do ok, because people will allways want them for cheeper than buying the seperate sets :), so i for one think it will stay around the same

Toshiro
29-08-2010, 08:31
EDIT: wrong thread

Haravikk
29-08-2010, 14:11
It's a shame that the Dwarf Lord/Thane is such an ugly model, if it just had one more piece for the shield it could have been a great little model.

I'm not sure I see what's wrong with the troll though? Some pictures out there show it very poorly painted but the model itself seems pretty good for a two-part plastic model!

R-Love
29-08-2010, 15:53
R-Love i just thought i should say that the 'carebearorist' days were aklot of fun :), i was one of the first people to jump in on that :).

i actualy think that the gobbos will do ok, because people will allways want them for cheeper than buying the seperate sets :), so i for one think it will stay around the same

Exactly, the Skaven thread(s) before the book were hilarious (remember Warhammer Armies: Speedo Skaven? :evilgrin:). My philosophy is, sooner or later the rumours are going to go off track, you can either try and force some degree of order on the thread, or accept the inevitable, lean back and laugh.

Kevlar
29-08-2010, 16:35
I'm not sure I see what's wrong with the troll though? Some pictures out there show it very poorly painted but the model itself seems pretty good for a two-part plastic model!

I think the troll looks pretty decent too. I guess not as nice as the metals, but it doesn't cost $20.00 either.

SamVimes
30-08-2010, 03:04
I just lost one on ebay that went for $34 (my max bid was $30), while another that had the O+G book went for under $40. I've been trying to land a set for a couple of months now, but it seems that since Island of Blood is just on the horizon, the price has dropped (it was selling in the mid $50s, then upper $40's, and now in the upper $30's).

edit: It looks like the ones right now are in the mid to upper $40's, but they are unopened and the one I was bidding on was opened, so maybe that makes a difference.

Whitehorn
30-08-2010, 12:42
You might see a small rise with a new O&G book release IF they don't throw in new models, but oterwise it's a sinking ship.

To think I bought 3 sets in its prime :P

Jedi152
30-08-2010, 14:04
We won't be getting new night gobbos with the new book, so they should retain some value.

Heck, i'll buy your night gobbos if the price is right ... :angel:

Little Joe
30-08-2010, 14:23
It is still the best source for decent night goblin archers. The multiparts are terrible.