PDA

View Full Version : IX Legion / Horus Heresy Blood Angels

Pepsi375mL
29-08-2010, 13:36
This Imperium Log will follow my progress on a project to create a Blood Angel force of 500 points in strength.

I've used the Horus Heresy Collected Visions and the Horus Heresy novels to inspire this force. Forge World will provide me with the armour and weapons necessary, while a personal contact and a prayer to the Emperor have provided me with two original Mk.1 Rhino's. Progress will at first be slow due to personal reasons in the month of September, however a shipment of MK V Heresy Armour and Umbra model botguns is currently being processed. Expect to see good use made of the bayonet attachments for this specialized assault legion.

I've added a picture of an Mk.1 Rhino for your enjoyment, if you have any advice, questions or even requests of what you would like to see in this force as it develops then now is the time.

Project log updates will occur once every week.
Till then, stay safe and may the Emperor gide you in his wisdom of all things.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa337/Pepsi375mL/01/Mk1Rhino.jpg

Brother Alexos
29-08-2010, 15:05
I like the MK1 Rhino, its coming out well. I think that for Blood Angels, you should try and model the old Jump Packs, as the Blood Angels would have more of them. I always see one marine with the chainsword attachment on his Umbra Pattern Bolter jumping down, with the bolter held high in a "about to slice in half" stance, maybe with a RT ork or something of the like underneath.

If you do sanguinary guard, I think including the Old version of Tycho, the one that was basically the Sanguinor with a bolter, would be nice, though I'm not sure if you could fit that into 500 pts.

I am definitely subscribed. I can't wait to see more.

Pepsi375mL
05-09-2010, 14:23
Update:
- Awaiting FW Mk V armour

No new progress to report.

I think that for Blood Angels, you should try and model the old Jump Packs, as the Blood Angels would have more of them.

An Assault squad will be part of the force but work will not begin until the first tactical squad is completed. Jump packs will be acquired from a popular alternative store that heresy collectors have been purchasing heads from.

Thank you for your comments, see you next week with another update.