PDA

View Full Version : Steadfast question

gogs78
29-08-2010, 13:54
Was playing a game yesterday and after my Hydra had reduced a unit of marauders to 5 models my opponent claimed he had "steadfast" because of a front "rank" of 5 models. Is this right?
Dont have my rulebook handy but i presumed you would need a rank as normal, for combat res etc?

Didnt question it too much as he was getting his ass handed to him but its been annoying me since.

Korraz
29-08-2010, 14:05
Yes, he is right. A rank is a rank.

gogs78
29-08-2010, 14:07
Ahh! fair enough.

Several other people thought he might be wrong thats why i questioned it.

Korraz
29-08-2010, 14:48
This is the reason why monsters can't destroy armies single-handed any more ;)

Bac5665
29-08-2010, 16:15
This is the reason why monsters can't destroy armies single-handed any more ;)

Why is that? Is there any doubt that the Hydra can and will eat those 5 marauders next round? Hydras most definitely can still win by themselves; it just takes a little longer.

Haravikk
29-08-2010, 17:08
Why is that? Is there any doubt that the Hydra can and will eat those 5 marauders next round? Hydras most definitely can still win by themselves; it just takes a little longer.
Possibly, but it's also entirely possible for it suffer a lot of wounds while it's munching through those marauders due to the step up rule. If it was a big unit of marauders then it may have lost a few wounds already, meaning the remaining 5 might be in with a chance of finishing the job :)

Korraz
29-08-2010, 19:02
it just takes a little longer.

That is the point. And if it's more than just a small unit of marauder, then it will take even longer.