PDA

View Full Version : Khorne DoC (2,000)

thesheriff
29-08-2010, 17:06
:eek: UPDATED LIST ON POST 14 :eek:

Zup :D. He's a list i've been trying out. Played 3 games. 2 losses (Undead and High elves) and 1 win (WoC). Just wanted some feedback. My main problem is the fact my bloodletters keep getting ignored, and the little stuff gets slowly dismembered. I tend to do very well in break points, becuase you can't beat me without charging the bloodletters. Without futher ado, her it is :p;

Lords
*Bloodthirster w. Infernal fury (re-roll all hits), Armour of Khorne (3+ armour save) = 490

Heroes
*Skulltaker = 150
*Herald of Khorne w. Armour of Khorne (3+ armour save), Collar of Khorne (Magic Res.3), BSB, Standard of Unholy victory (+D3 Combat res.) = 205

Core
*38 Bloodletters w. Command, Icon of Endless War (+D6 for first charge) = 509

Special
*5 Flesh Hounds = 175
*5 Flesh Hounds = 175

Rare
*3 Bloodcrushers w. Command = 260

Skulltaker and the bsb lurk in the Bloodletters, beefing with hatred and general killyness. Flesh hounds guard the flanks, and the crushers provide a distraction for anyone who gets too close. Bloodthirster flaps around, charging units with charecters and killing them in challenges or by directing attacks.

I have about 30 odd points left over :cries:, so, any advice?

thesheriff

Duckf@ce
29-08-2010, 17:08
why take 1 big unit of blood letters? surely it allows more options as two units. with a character in each?

thesheriff
29-08-2010, 17:14
why take 1 big unit of blood letters? surely it allows more options as two units. with a character in each?

Dear jonny, with the new horde rules and extended rank bonus, i get up to 30S5, killing blow attacks. very killy. Seperating them would make them less effective. Basically, its greater than the sum of its parts. Also, people would always charge the one with the bsb, so they get more points, and dont have to fight skulltaker.

Duckf@ce
29-08-2010, 17:19
good point. in that case it looks quite solid, whats been doing wrong in ur losses?

thesheriff
29-08-2010, 17:24
Well, i played a list with 50 lothren sea guard, bsb, Mage lord with lore of shadow, korhil and caradryan in and did'nt manage to get into combat with my bloodletters. I was left to charge it with 2 units of flesh hounds, and a thirster and managed to kill off the mage and caraydran, 3 spearmen and a wound off the bsb, but they died to combat res. I did kill his 2 eagles, 2 lion chariots and 2 bolt throwers, but i just lost too many points.

And against the undead, i had to place my letters early and he put his 4 vampires on the other side of the board. Which royally ****ed me up. And i was unlucky :p

Duckf@ce
29-08-2010, 17:41
sounds mainly like bad luck then?

Brady
29-08-2010, 18:49
I think one of the reasons your bloodletters never really saw any action was becuase when we played it was battle for the pass meaning my Sea guard were always going to be far away. Plus becuase you dont have many units the location of the bloodletters is revealed pretty early in the deployment phase meaning we can shape our units around that, maybe a couple of 'token' furies? Plus the Woooo wooooo wooooo wooooo woooo wooo tower didn't do your 'crushers any good :p

thesheriff
29-08-2010, 19:08
Maybe i'll try that. Just, what to drop. It'll have to be soemthing other than core, they dont cout toward minimum required?.

Brady
29-08-2010, 19:42
How much is command on your crushers?

thesheriff
29-08-2010, 19:48
50, but worth it i think. The musician lets me combat reform, the champ has an extra attack, and the standard is great for point break.

brother slaughterer
29-08-2010, 20:56
are crushers worth the points in 8th Ed?

thesheriff
29-08-2010, 21:07
are crushers worth the points in 8th Ed?

Nice models, and they fit the theme. I thiunk there an alright supporting unit

Gaargod
30-08-2010, 00:59
Champion is not worth the points. +1 attack on a unit with that many is meh (well, its decent but a little much for 20pts).

thesheriff
30-08-2010, 08:56
Champion is not worth the points. +1 attack on a unit with that many is meh (well, its decent but a little much for 20pts).

He's basically there so that if my bloodthirster gets charged, they can rush in and accept challenges so the blood thirsters 7 attacks + thunderstomp can go to town on the unit (especially if they keep raising the unit and killing me on combat res :mad:)

but, if i did that, and maybe dropped the musician, i could maybe squeeze in 5 furies to delay my deployment. But, i really need 2 or 3 units for that to make any impact, as march blocking skirmishers are usless now.

thesheriff
06-10-2010, 19:00
Decided to dig up an old thread rather than start a new one :p

Alright, now i've played some games and decided that bloodletter hordes are amazing. Especially with hatred herald's. So here is my revised list;

Lords
*Bloodthirster w. Infernal fury (re-roll all hits), Armour of Khorne (3+ armour save) = 490

Heroes
*Skulltaker = 150
*Herald of Khorne w. Armour of Khorne (3+ armour save), BSB, Juggernaught = 190
*Herald of Khorne w. Armour of Khorne = 115

Core
*35 Bloodletters w. Command, Icon of Endless War (+D6 for first charge) = 475
*29 Bloodletters w. Command = 378

Special
*6 Flesh Hounds = 210

Condensed the flounds and dropped the juggers for something usful, more bloodletters and a herald for hatred.

C+C appreciated

thesheriff

Fox Of 9
06-10-2010, 20:05
looks solid one question why bsb on jug i know its awesome but just wanted to clarify the bonuses

thesheriff
06-10-2010, 20:10
+3 to armour save, extra couple of attacks, stomp, and i've got the model

Fox Of 9
06-10-2010, 21:04
cool thanks =]