PDA

View Full Version : Cauldron of Blood

Lazarian
29-08-2010, 22:21
Something I cant pin down and my opponent is new to Dark Elves and I was unable to figure it out.

Can a Cauldron of Blood with Hag charge? Being a warmachine it shouldnt be able to however I was thinking it couldnt but it seems like it should. Im all for it not marching but there was some confusion.

sulla
30-08-2010, 03:59
You've answered your own question. it's a war machine and it's rules contain no exceptions for charging, so it's governed by the war machine movement rules.

decker_cky
30-08-2010, 04:41
After a few bad experiences recently, I'm of the opinion that if I can't hit it with a pair of chariots, I'll focus on killing other things. The attendants are devastating to anything that charges them, and I'd prefer not to get in combat with them if I can avoid it.

TheDarkDaff
30-08-2010, 05:15
Sulla has it down. Also worth noting that it can't persue if it wins combat (it has a special exemption in it's rules).

A little off topic but the Cauldron has rules that state "The attendants never persue, even though they have the Hatred rule." This is all well and good but shouldn't it also specifically mention that you don't have to pursue due to frenzy either? Or is the blanket "never pursue" good enough to overrule other cumplusions to pursue.

Haravikk
30-08-2010, 08:56
Yeah I think it's sufficient; really it should say Frenzy now rather than Hatred, as Hatred does not force you to pursue in 8th edition.

sulla
30-08-2010, 09:23
After a few bad experiences recently, I'm of the opinion that if I can't hit it with a pair of chariots, I'll focus on killing other things. The attendants are devastating to anything that charges them, and I'd prefer not to get in combat with them if I can avoid it.Have you got pit of shades or purple sun in your list for the autokill? I find it very easy to protect mine from combat generally.

Nirvandt
29-09-2010, 09:26
Is there anyway I can get the cauldron of blood into combat without charging since it is considered a seige weapon and can't charge....ie can I use my normal movement of 5 and move the cauldron into base contact with an enemy unit to initiate combat?

Also can I get Crone Hellebron to join a cauldron of blood?

mishari26
29-09-2010, 11:57
Sulla has it down. Also worth noting that it can't persue if it wins combat (it has a special exemption in it's rules).

A little off topic but the Cauldron has rules that state "The attendants never persue, even though they have the Hatred rule." This is all well and good but shouldn't it also specifically mention that you don't have to pursue due to frenzy either? Or is the blanket "never pursue" good enough to overrule other cumplusions to pursue.

you don't need such exemptions now, they're all redundant. that's because the DE FAQ classifies the cauldron as a warmachine. so you're done. they can't pursue no matter what rule they have.