PDA

View Full Version : Greasus Goldtooth Gets Greased

Malorian
30-08-2010, 00:24
Greasus Goldtooth Gets Greased

The orc warboss worked his way down the path until he came to a bridge. It was old, poorly created, and badly damaged, but he had to get to the other side.

As he made his way towards it a horde of gnoblars moved a throne, carrying a fat ogre, blocking his path...

"Hello orc... my name is Greasus Goldtooth and I own this bridge. If you wish to cross it you will have to pay."

The warboss raised an eyebrow. "Un if I dunt?"

"Well then I suppose we would have to stop you... eh boys?"

Stepping out of the bushes came a large number of ironguts that lined up to block the orcs path. Each looking at the warboss like a hawk looks at a mouse.

"I see... well, dats gunna be a problum b'cause I ain't gut any money."

Greasus faked a sigh. "Aww, that's too bad..."

"But I do huve sumtin you myte be interested 'n."

"And what might that be? Gems? Magical trinkets?" His ogre drooled in anticipation...

"Naw... num of dat stuff... but I got dis horn..."

Pulling out the plain looking rhinox horn, the warboss put it to his lips and blew. The sound that came out was a plain enough blast, but the thunder that followed was earth-shaking.

Greasus trembled with delight. "So what does it do? Summon lighting? Summon earth quake? Knock down city walls?"

The warboss chukkled. "Naw... it just calls in da boyz..."

Off in the distance Greasus could see hundreds of greenskins charging forward, answering their leaders call... and the legendary ogre knew just one thing: This was going to suck... big time...

My List:

Warboss w/ wizard hat, great weapon
Lvl 4 night goblin great shaman w/ staff of sneaky stealing

Black orc BSB w/ heavy armor, spirit totem
Night goblin big boss w/ great weapon

50 orcs w/ shields, banner, musician
50 orcs w/ shields, banner, musician
50 night goblins w/ nets, banner, musician
20 night goblins w/ short bows, banner, musician
5 wolf riders w/ spears, short bows, musician
5 spider riders w/ musician

5 squig herds
Boar chariot
Boar chariot
Boar chariot
Wolf chariot
Wolf chariot
2 spear chukkas
2 spear chukkas

Doom diver

Total: 2999

His list(ish):

Greasus Goldtooth

Butcher
Butcher

8 ironguts w/ banner
8 ironguts w/ banner
8 bulls w/ banner
50 gnoblars

5 lead belchers
Scrap launcher
8 trappers

Slave giant
Slave giant
Gorger
Gorger

The Report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6okGLoSv_J8

End Fluff:

With his personal guard defeated, and the greenskins on all sides, Greasus waved the white flag (or rather a gnoblar in a white shirt).

"Please stop! I give up! You can cross the river!"

The warboss nodded, bellowed out the command to halt, and then started sending his forces across the bridge.

As the orc started off to make the crossing himself, Greasus grabbed him by the arm and said, "Just one thing, why are you even crossing this bridge? There's nothing on the other side but dirt for as far as the eye can see..."

"Da grass iz greena."

"But I just said it was only dir..."

The orc cut the ogre off, leaning right up to him. "I SAID, da grass iz grenna..."

"Why of course... how silly of me... um... enjoy..."

With that the names orc crossed the bridge, never to be heard of again, but in the back of Greasus's mind he would always remember the orc who didn't have any money...

CrownAxe
30-08-2010, 00:38
Not suprised, Greasus and Slave Giants sucks

Djekar
30-08-2010, 05:55
That's a heck of a swarm of Orcs and Goblins there. It makes an old greenskin proud. Congrats on the win sir, and thank you for the excellent battle rep as always.

I agree with CrownAxe and yourself that Greasus is pretty pants.

I also found that canny opponents deprived me of my ASL Night Goblin Heroes pretty quickly even though they weren't Ironguts (stupid clan-rats), but at 34 points a model they are dang helpful at giving me some punch against monsters which has been nice.

That was a canny move by the opponent, leaving some ogres in the river to guard his flank and bog down the inexorable green advance a bit. It gives me an idea of what to do with some trolls though ...

Toshiro
30-08-2010, 06:38
lol, your batreps always bring a big smile to my face Mal :D

warmong3r
30-08-2010, 23:42
Great job. I always enjoy reading your fluff.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
31-08-2010, 07:37
Nice report Malorian, I suspected already that the orcs where going to win when I saw the army lists.

Cheers,
G

Arguleon-veq
31-08-2010, 11:25
Nice report Mal, Ive been tempted to do that with cheap gobbo heros too, as has been said though they can be a bit vulnerable if people put a lot of their attacks on them before they get to strike.

Im not up on what really works or not again yet but have you found that Wizarding hat a good buy? Thought it was a bit of a strange choice with how dangerous miscasting is now and how much an Orc army needs to keep its general alive.

How are you finding Orcs and Gobs overall in terms of effectiveness? Much better than last ed?

Malorian
31-08-2010, 14:02
Im not up on what really works or not again yet but have you found that Wizarding hat a good buy? Thought it was a bit of a strange choice with how dangerous miscasting is now and how much an Orc army needs to keep its general alive.

How are you finding Orcs and Gobs overall in terms of effectiveness? Much better than last ed?

The wizard hat is there for a couple of reasons:

1. You want to keep your general safe and back in the bunker, and while he is there he might as well act as your support mage while at the same time giving you access to the new and awesome magic.

2. It gives me experience with the new magic so I can learn it better.

3. It's the orcist item you can take. Random lore? Random spell? Stupidity? That has orc written all over it :p

And I think orcs and goblins are very well off now :)

w3rm
01-09-2010, 22:27
I think I might want to try that trick. But with a skaven warlord!

KHolbourn
02-09-2010, 11:59
Looks like a fun game there. The sides looked so uneven with so few of the big fellas against that green tsunami...