PDA

View Full Version : WoC Palanquin and Look Out Sir!

geldedgoat
30-08-2010, 06:59
I apologize if this has already been answered, but I looked through the last 7 pages and found nothing.

What kind of unit pairs appropriately with a WoC character on a Nurgle palanquin for the purposes of Look Out Sir! rolls? I have the BRB, so a page number would do just as well as a direct answer. Thanks. :)

Yrrdead
30-08-2010, 07:21
Pg 489 BRB, Bestiary.

WoC Army Book pg 55 (Big Bold letters at the top)

As you can see there is a bit of a conflict here which has been talked about already (mainly about the Juggernaut) to no real resolution as far as I remember.

BRB says infantry, Army Book says cavalry.

Then there is the whole AB > BRB thing. Then you will have people point out that paragraph in the FAQ, which will be rebutted by others by saying that pg 55 AB specifies a troop type.

Personally I'd go with the BRB bestiary but as you will see opinions will and do differ.

geldedgoat
30-08-2010, 08:19
Thanks a ton! I'll take a gander at the book when I get back home.

Chaos Undecided
30-08-2010, 08:30
Personally I think that GW's intention with the bestiary entry was that the Palanquin join the small group with the Dwarven Shield Bearers and Skaven War Litter in being able to join an infantry unit and not stand out.

Unfortunately for the moment the current FAQs state that if the army book specifies a troop type then thats what it is, so at present it seems stuck as a cavalry mount with all that entails.

I believe at least the general consensus is FAQ trumps any other source for rules at least until updated or a new version of the army book arrives which'll be a long way off as far as Warriors are concerned.

theorox
30-08-2010, 08:37
They are all cavalry right now i think, as indicated in the rulebook...but it's clearly suppodsed to go in an infantryunit, and should get Lo,S!... :wtf:

Theo

Milgram
30-08-2010, 08:48
BRB>AB in this case. the same happened to the vampire bats.

Lungboy
30-08-2010, 09:58
To muddy the issue, the main section on mounts has no mention of infantry mounts existing, and says that a one wound mount is cavalry, so whether you go by the armybook or the rulebook it seems to be cavalry. It makes more sense for it to be infantry though.

Pariah1
30-08-2010, 14:52
I'll preface this with - I am a WoC player. That being said, my opinion is that the referance section in the BRB is just as good as an errata entry. I just cant see GW writing rules for the player base to ignore...much to my dismay mind you. The whole AB>BRB argument is played out on this one - as I feel that is more geared toward the BRB stating rules like you can only get 1 reroll, but if your AB says otherwise, of course you follow the AB...things of that nature.

HOWEVER!! both sides of the argument have points that are relevant, and until it is explicitly covered I think that consistancy is your key factor here that no opponent should have heartburn with. Meaning if your juggy counts as regular cav, then your paliquin has to also, likewise if you're going to play your paliguin as infantry then your juggy must count as monsterous cav...cant mix and match on this one, so pick one and stick with it through all your games...at least until you goto a tournament, then follow what the redshirt tells you I guess...which of course we all know will vary from redshirt to redshirt.

Sometimes I wish GW redshirts had more in common with star trek redshirts....