PDA

View Full Version : Need advice some advice!

Crautus
30-08-2010, 10:42
Hello community,

I need some advice in a specific question, to be more precise it's concerning a frase in the High Elves Armybook which says: "Armour save are modified by the Strength of the bearer."

What I would like to know is the exact meaning of the frase and in specific of the word "by". I need to know this in order to find the proper equivalent in german language.

best regards,

Crautus

Loopstah
30-08-2010, 11:12
It means you use the bearers strength as the strength of the attack and apply the appropriate armour save modifier eg. Strength 4 = -1.

It states this because you aren't using the strength to wound as it wounds automatically, but you still get the save modifier as normal.

Ultimate Life Form
30-08-2010, 11:16
As you quoted the line out of context I'm not sure, but it probably refers to the strength based armor save modifiers, page 43 BRB.

theorox
30-08-2010, 12:16
AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ULF wins the thread...dammit.

Yeah you beat me to it, it basically means that the str of the attack is used to modify armour. "By" works like "using" in this case, so if you rewrite it like this...

"The armoursaves are modified using the strength of the bearer."

...It works.

Cheers

Theo

Mattino
30-08-2010, 12:21
The German translation should be (I don`t have the HE army book, so I can`t check):

"Rüstungswürfe werden durch die Stärke des Trägers modifiziert. "

Crautus
30-08-2010, 15:18
Hello Community,

many thanks to all! You really helped me a lot!

:cool:

best regards,

Crautus