Skirmishing Skinks x10

Saurus Spears x28 FC

6 Krox with Ancient

6 Krox with Ancient

6 Krox with Ancient

1 Salamander with extra handler

Vsurma
30-08-2010, 16:51
Temple guard OR flying carpet for the slann imo. He can FLY! it's awsome. Take the 2+ ward vs flaming weapons item for the slann.

Full command on the skinks? why? they will be dead so its hard to use. 10 man strong units are to shoot and redirect (by accepting charges and dying)

I would drop a krox or the champs on both units and take an additional salamander for sure.

What is the slann doing? going into the saurus or running around on its own? Dispel scroll will be sorely missed if he is on his own and finds himself over a pit of shades, purple sun or dwellers. Cognition + scroll saves you from there, otherwise you might see 500pts, your general, your bsb and your only mage die to 1 spell. Seems like game over at that point.

Jormi_Boced
30-08-2010, 17:56
Why the 2+ vs flaming? I already have a 2+ vs range and am not planning to get in CC with anything that has magical attacks.

The skinks can take out light units and war machines. Also they can flank things for my krox to give them the banner.

The Slann runs around on his own. He is a bit fragile, but hopefully my quick units can get the mages dead or at least in combat in short order.

Vsurma
30-08-2010, 18:04
Oh right I didn't notice you had both the plaque and ethereal. Normally you just take 1, Why do you need both?

If your ethereal, for 5pts you can get that 2+ vs flaming. So what is left that can really hurt you? very few magical weapons can cause 5 wounds in a turn, your a life slann so your likely to regain a few wounds each round and you come with a 4+ ward anyway.

Jormi_Boced
30-08-2010, 19:54
I took the 2+ to stop magical direct damage spells and runed up war machines.

What do you need the 2+ vx flaming for? Thanks!

Vsurma
31-08-2010, 08:09
Because the runed up war machines tend to be flaming. As in flaming cannons from the dwarves.

You don't need it if you have a 2+ save vs range, its either or kind of thing, this one is just cheaper.

Generally people go with either the 2+ save vs range or ethereal and 2+ ward vs flaming, reason being that those flaming cannons might kill you otherwise. Though I am unsure if you can have magical war machines that aren't flaming?

Jormi_Boced
31-08-2010, 14:57
Because the runed up war machines tend to be flaming. As in flaming cannons from the dwarves.

You don't need it if you have a 2+ save vs range, its either or kind of thing, this one is just cheaper.

Generally people go with either the 2+ save vs range or ethereal and 2+ ward vs flaming, reason being that those flaming cannons might kill you otherwise. Though I am unsure if you can have magical war machines that aren't flaming?

You can. Any rune make them magical, not just the flaming one. Sometimes they are used in conjunction, but not always.

Jormi_Boced
24-09-2010, 15:09
Slann - Lore of Life
Focus of Mystery
Focused Rumination
Immune to mundane attacks
BSB
Forbidden Rod
Plaque of Protection

Saurus Warriors with Spears x28
Champion
Musician
Standard Bearer

Skinks x10
Musician
Standard Bearer
Brave

Skinks x10
Musician
Standard Bearer
Brave

Skink Skirmishers x10

Kroxigors x6
Ancient

Kroxigors x6
Ancient

Kroxigors x6
Ancient

Salamander Hunting Pack
Extra Handler

This is what my latest revision is.

I am thinking about dropping the ancients to add either:

Becalming
Skink Priest with Scroll
Second Salamander Hunting pack

What do you guys think?

thesheriff
25-09-2010, 09:14
Temple guard OR flying carpet for the slann imo. He can FLY! it's awsome.

I thougt the slaan counted as being mounted on the palanquin, which menat you cant take it (infantry or mosterous infantry only). Havent got the lizards book to hand, so thsi maybe wrong :p

but, the krox theme is cool. I would drop the champs for the extra salamander though, more bodies and flamey death :D

thesheriff

Jormi_Boced
25-09-2010, 14:19
I thougt the slaan counted as being mounted on the palanquin, which menat you cant take it (infantry or mosterous infantry only). Havent got the lizards book to hand, so thsi maybe wrong :p

but, the krox theme is cool. I would drop the champs for the extra salamander though, more bodies and flamey death :D

thesheriff

The slann is classified as infantry.

Vsurma
25-09-2010, 15:23
I dunno, normally I would say the champs are no good but in this case due to the lore of life it might be good. However do you randomize hits to the champ if you have more than 5 models? The key would be to make sure you get that randomization roll, to keep as many krox alive but wounded for the slann to heal.

You really have 18 Krox!? I thought my 10 was a lot.

Jormi_Boced
25-09-2010, 19:17
I dunno, normally I would say the champs are no good but in this case due to the lore of life it might be good. However do you randomize hits to the champ if you have more than 5 models? The key would be to make sure you get that randomization roll, to keep as many krox alive but wounded for the slann to heal.

You really have 18 Krox!? I thought my 10 was a lot.

I have 17 and one jungle tree.

You randomize once you have less than five rank and file, so once one krox is dead in each unit you randomize. Also, when you regrow, the champion is the first model brought back.

Anyway, I have ran the list a few times and I thought the champs were going to get me some underdog pts, but it hasn't happened yet and in some ways it has hurt me like the last game when the dragon charged me he got a ton of overkill and I couldn't attack back with all my dudes.

So... I think I am going to try this:
Slann Lore of Life
Focus of Mystery
Foused Rumination
Higher State
Forbidden Rod
Plaque of Protection
BSB
War Banner

Skink Priest
Dispel Scroll

Saurus Warriors with Spears x25
Champion
Musician
Standard Bearer

Skinks x10
Musician
Standard Bearer
Brave

Skinks x10
Musician
Standard Bearer
Brave

Skink Skirmishers x10
Brave

Kroxigor x 6

Kroxigor x 6

Kroxigor x 6

Salamander
Extra Handler

It will help to have a dispel scroll to stop a sick spell that can wreck me like PoS or PS. Also, if I bone a roll like I did in my last game, I will still be able to cast something.

I would have really like to add Becalming or another Sally or even some Chamo Skinks, but I think this will work out best. It also gives me another shot at channeling.

I think I am going