PDA

View Full Version : Talisman at a charity shop???

Getifa Ubazza
30-08-2010, 17:42
I was going around my local charity shops the other day, as I'm doing my livingroom in a more traditional way and want furniture to match my vision and as I was looking at the board games, I saw Talisman. It was only 1, yes only 1 GBP. I thought to myself, even if half of it is missing, its still worth it. I got it home and there was nothing missing. It was complete. Even the models were unpainted. So one very happy chappy here. :D

Sorry for bragging, But just had to tell someone and here seemed the best place.

Deamon-forge
30-08-2010, 17:46
nice find!
nothing beats finding cheap stuff that them sort of places even carboots. I look around a few in my town as i know they do have GW stuff in now and again cheap. got me a few oop codexs and a few minis and all for peanut money.

best find iv had was at a carboot a book i paid 2 for on Amazon go for 80!

Getifa Ubazza
30-08-2010, 17:57
nice find!
nothing beats finding cheap stuff that them sort of places even carboots. I look around a few in my town as i know they do have GW stuff in now and again cheap. got me a few oop codexs and a few minis and all for peanut money.

best find iv had was at a carboot a book i paid 2 for on Amazon go for 80!That is very cool. Always love it when someone gets lucky like that.

I must admit to feeling a little bad though. If the shop assistant knew what she was selling for a 1, she would have spat our her worthers original. I may have to go up and make a wee cash donation to be honest. :angel: If it had been a carboot, I wouldn't care, But it was a charity shop.

Deamon-forge
30-08-2010, 18:13
That is very cool. Always love it when someone gets lucky like that.

I must admit to feeling a little bad though. If the shop assistant knew what she was selling for a 1, she would have spat our her worthers original. I may have to go up and make a wee cash donation to be honest. :angel: If it had been a carboot, I wouldn't care, But it was a charity shop.

thats be kool giving them a litle extra. iv done this at a carboot. gave more than they got on it. fell bad a kid whos done the hobbie for a few weeks/month and they sell of somthing dirt cheap. so i hand over a litle extra and say its ok. but some people you know they just brought it and selling on for a little more but you still willing to spend more on it.

JollyGoodChap
30-08-2010, 18:37
The amount of Space Crusades/Hero Quests/Space Hulks I've gotten from carboots is unbelievable :p

I also remember a time when people just brought all their White Dwarf magazines, Codex, models, cases and sold the lot for like a tenner or less; bargains :D

Unfortunately don't see much at carboots anymore though.

Getifa Ubazza
30-08-2010, 19:08
The amount of Space Crusades/Hero Quests/Space Hulks I've gotten from carboots is unbelievable :p

I also remember a time when people just brought all their White Dwarf magazines, Codex, models, cases and sold the lot for like a tenner or less; bargains :D

Unfortunately don't see much at carboots anymore though.I miss heroquest/space crusade. I guess I better start going to carboot sales. :)

Deamon-forge
30-08-2010, 19:17
i got a space crusade other week back at carboot no idea if all there or what but iv got one lol.

on the model side its a little slow latly not much around think its to do with ebay

Getifa Ubazza
30-08-2010, 19:42
i got a space crusade other week back at carboot no idea if all there or what but iv got one lol.

on the model side its a little slow latly not much around think its to do with ebayYes, evilbay has a lot to answer for. Almost all my hobbies mean some ebay interaction is needed.

TheBigBadWolf
01-09-2010, 20:07
Charity shops are a haven for old GW stuff, I have picked up - space hulk, space crusade, deathwing, some epic and a few oop books and codexs.

FabricatorGeneralMike
01-09-2010, 20:40
Best one I ever did was a 2500 pt Space marine army for 40k for 7 Canadian Dollars at a yard sale. My eyes popped out of my head and I acted all slick and asked her what these little men where, she had no clue and just wanted them gone so I called the GF over and got the money from her and paid the nice lady. After trying not to run back to the car, and while cackling with glee with a smirk like a kid who just finally figured out how to reach the cookie jar on top of the fridge, I told the GF what new toys I just got. Her only responce was that I did that deal wrong because I didn't haggle with the lady to try to get her down to 5 dollars..... :rolleyes: WOMEN, even when you win you still loose. :shifty:

Getifa Ubazza
01-09-2010, 21:12
Best one I ever did was a 2500 pt Space marine army for 40k for 7 Canadian Dollars at a yard sale. My eyes popped out of my head and I acted all slick and asked her what these little men where, she had no clue and just wanted them gone so I called the GF over and got the money from her and paid the nice lady. After trying not to run back to the car, and while cackling with glee with a smirk like a kid who just finally figured out how to reach the cookie jar on top of the fridge, I told the GF what new toys I just got. Her only responce was that I did that deal wrong because I didn't haggle with the lady to try to get her down to 5 dollars..... :rolleyes: WOMEN, even when you win you still loose. :shifty:I so hear you on that one. WOMEN, lovely creatures, But oh so difficult to understand. :p

Lucky lucky man you. Well done on your slick and sneaky ways. I hope you painted them up as Raven Guard. :D

Sleazy
01-09-2010, 22:11
went to a carboot last year and paid 4 for a shortbread tim chock full of metal 80s minis.

Was lots of Realm of Chaos era champions, chaos dwarfs, minotaurs and hobgoblins as well as adventurer types.

bargain!

Freakiq
01-09-2010, 22:17
Nice one OP.

Managed to find a complete Heroquest at a local red cross second hand store a few years back, cost nearly nothing.

Sclep
02-09-2010, 04:38
Got the Blood Bowl starter, minus team, an undead team and 20 skellies for for 3. :D

Nothing else though :(

ltsobel
02-09-2010, 08:08
won a bloodbowl bid for 16 on ebay. got the basic stuff plus dwarf, chaos dwarf teams and 10 random old savage orcs :P