PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf 'Ard Boyz Round Two List

Melikai IronFrost
30-08-2010, 19:56
So im getting my list ready for round 2 and I need some help making my list better. I want to try and add in a 3rd hydra but im not sure how I can do that. Here is the list that got me 3rd place in the 'Ard boyz:

Supreme Sorceress (shadow)-lvl.4, Sacrificial Dagger, Talisman of Preservation
Sorceress (dark)-lvl.2, Tome of Furion, Seal of Ghrond
BsB-Sword of Might, Pendent of Khaeleth, Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Dark Steed,
Master1-Whip of Agony, Shield of Ghrond, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Cold One
Master2-Hydra Blade, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Cold One

35x Warriors-Shields, Full Command, Lichbone Penndent
23x Crossbows-Shield, Full Command
23x Crossbows-Shield, Full Command

8x Cold One Knight-Full Command, ASF banner, Obsidian Trinket
[both masters will be in this unit]
9x Cold One Knight-Full Command, War Banner, Ring of Hotek
[BsB will be in this unit]
2x Cold One Chariot

2x Hydra

So the two blocks of CoKs performed very well magic was a bit dissapointing I think I make switch the lores around and have my lvl.4 with dark and lvl.2 with shadow. Shooting was pretty ok but it really just came down to Close combat. So how can I improve this list more?

lomore
30-08-2010, 20:38
Master2-Hydra Blade, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Cold One
Did the hydra blade perform well? Scarlet Death or Ogre Blade both seem a better option to me.

I totally agree on giving Death to the lvl 4 with the dagger. Death has lower castings and you maximize the dagger effect casting more.

9x Cold One Knight-Full Command, War Banner, Ring of Hotek
Have you tried the banner of slaughter? Bit worse against Steadfast, but can be helpful to break other units on the first turn.

8x Cold One Knight-Full Command, ASF banner, Obsidian Trinket
[both masters will be in this unit]

Having both masters in this unit I'll equip one for challenges (Armour of eternal servitude + Dragonbane gem or the Other Trickster shard and a Halberd for example?)

If shooting didnt help you enough, why don't you switch a Crossbowmen unit for a Corsair unit (21= 3x7) with the frenzy banner?

Melikai IronFrost
30-08-2010, 21:06
Did the hydra blade perform well? Scarlet Death or Ogre Blade both seem a better option to me.

I totally agree on giving Death to the lvl 4 with the dagger. Death has lower castings and you maximize the dagger effect casting more.

Have you tried the banner of slaughter? Bit worse against Steadfast, but can be helpful to break other units on the first turn.

Having both masters in this unit I'll equip one for challenges (Armour of eternal servitude + Dragonbane gem or the Other Trickster shard and a Halberd for example?)

If shooting didnt help you enough, why don't you switch a Crossbowmen unit for a Corsair unit (21= 3x7) with the frenzy banner?

1. The hydra blade performed very well when combo with shadow magic {mainly the -D3 T} while the other options are good I wanted to bring more attacks while not sacrificing AS.
2.Well my LvL.4 will have Dark not Death for more damaging spells
3.The standard of Slaughter is great to pump in more CR on the charge but after that its useless while war banner will always give me +2 CR every round. This combo helped me break a unit of 50+ sarus warriors.
4.Yeah I can probably make Master1 more for challanges since thats is what i did lol. What would go great with the Whip of agony?
5.Ill have to think about the corsiars unit, Might just do it to have another combat unit on the field. I was thiking though that if I do ill have to fit in the CoB Maybe dropping a master or two to make it work

lomore
30-08-2010, 22:03
4.Yeah I can probably make Master1 more for challanges since thats is what i did lol. What would go great with the Whip of agony?

If you want to keep the Whip (which is very good) i think cloak+heavy armour+ shield+ cold one and the dawn stone (reroll armour save).
He won't get a ward save but it's still quite hard to kill.

2.Well my LvL.4 will have Dark not Death for more damaging spells

I misread :) I really like death for the char kill abilities.

If you want to go for a CoB probably you can switch the BSB to the CoB.

Melikai IronFrost
30-08-2010, 22:16
I was just thinking instead of fixing up my two masters how about i bring in Malus Darkblade. The only downside I can see is that he has no other save and he takes away the Itp for the knights themselves. Plus he saves me a few points from dropping both masters. What do u think of that change?

lomore
31-08-2010, 01:18
I never tried Malus so i really have to see how he works on the field but on the paper he seems weak.
Costs almost like a lvl 4 sorc / well geared dreadlord on pegasus but doesn't have any save and 2 wounds is few.

Haven't you tried Sorc + Dreadlord? you should be able to fit them both with points and with the pegasus you can do warmachine hunting etc.

Melikai IronFrost
31-08-2010, 17:09
I never tried Malus so i really have to see how he works on the field but on the paper he seems weak.
Costs almost like a lvl 4 sorc / well geared dreadlord on pegasus but doesn't have any save and 2 wounds is few.

Haven't you tried Sorc + Dreadlord? you should be able to fit them both with points and with the pegasus you can do warmachine hunting etc.

Yeah I was just thinking about trying malus ima have to write a list with him. As for the dreadlord sorceress combo I was thinking of fielding a dragonlord. here is the list I got so far:

Dreadlord-Whip of Agony, Regen Armor, Sea dragon cloak, Shield, Black dragon

LvL.2-Sacrificail Dagger
LvL.2-Tome of Furion, Seal of Ghrond
BsB-Sword of might, pendent of khaeleth, heavy armor, shield, sea deragon cloak, dark steed

40x Spears-FC, Shield
20x Crossbowmen-Muso, Sh
20x Crossbowmen-Mus, SH

10x Cold one Knights-FC, ASF banner,
9x Cold one knights-FC, War Banner (BsB will go here)
2x Cold one Chariot

2x Hydra

Total Points-2994

So with this list I have alot of high priority units for my opponents to try and take out. But with so many they wont be able to take them all out. So what you think?

lomore
31-08-2010, 19:55
I like this list alot.

Just one thing : give the regen armour to the bsb and the pendant to the dragonlord, along with helm of fire.
This way you're not unprotected against fire attacks and you're tough against warmachines. (If you really dont want to do that at least give the dragonlord the helm of fire / dragonbane gem)

Really like all the rest.

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
31-08-2010, 21:17
at 3k you can take 3 hydras-the best unit in the book-why not take 3?

Asf CoK are ace-I use a lord with potion and hydra blade,pendent of cheese etc.

Melikai IronFrost
31-08-2010, 22:14
Ok so after reading your guy's advice and comments I made the changes, I dropped both chariots for a 3rd hydra and bought the ring of hotek, I dropped a spearman to help pay for the dragon helmet and changes the PoK and regen armor around.

Dreadlord-Whip of Agony, Heavy Armor, Dragon Helm, PoK, Sea dragon cloak, Shield, Black dragon

LvL.2-Sacrificial Dagger
BsB-Sword of might, Regen armor, shield, sea dragon cloak, dark steed

39x Spears-FC, Shield (dagger Sorceress will go here)
20x Crossbowmen-Muso, Sh
20x Crossbowmen-Mus, SH

10x Cold one Knights-FC, ASF banner,
9x Cold one knights-FC, War Banner, RoH (BsB will go here)

3x Hydra

Total Points-2999

I like the look of this list alot kind awished I thought of this for round one. With lots of must destroy units to distract my opponents ill definitely have the advantage as they will not be able to get them all at one time. Thanks again. Any thing else you guys think I should do to the list??

lomore
01-09-2010, 11:41
List is perfect for riding a Black Dragon.

at 3k you can take 3 hydras-the best unit in the book-why not take 3?

Btw, at 3k can't you take 4 duplicate rare choices ? 4 Hydras :eek:

Melikai IronFrost
01-09-2010, 18:14
I was thinking about how to battle units that have good ward saves like phoenix guards and I came up with this Set up for my dragonlord, also I wanted to change his ward save to something alil more reliable since lores like death that are character snipers.

Dreadlord-Whip of Agony, Armor of Eternal Servitude, Dragonbane Gem, other trickster's shard, Sea dragon cloak, Shield, Black dragon

LvL.2-Sacrificial Dagger
BsB-Sword of might, PoK, HA, Shield, sea dragon cloak, dark steed

40x Spears-FC, Shield, Banner of Eternal Flame (dagger Sorceress will go here)
20x Crossbowmen-, SH, Muso
20x Crossbowmen-, SH, Muso

10x Cold one Knights-FC, ASF banner
9x Cold one knights-FC, War Banner (BsB will go here)

3x Hydra

Total Points-2999

I like how this came out really makes my dragonlord very good against all units.

Valek
01-09-2010, 21:20
What about changing items a bit,

for a fact the bsb should have 1+ as, Sword of might, Khaleath

Dreadlord on dragon, ha, sh, sdc, Crimson Death, AoES, Dragonbane Gem,

Melikai IronFrost
02-09-2010, 01:58
Yeah ive been thinking bout it and decided to change the armor around but im going to keep whip of agony as my dreadlord will be pumping 5 S5 attacks.

Valek
02-09-2010, 05:37
you are sure S5 will be enough? I tried the whip and its great against troops but you struggle agains anything T5 and there are a lot of them. But i can certainly understand your choise.