PDA

View Full Version : Big Eldar Box Set

sonofwaranddeath
31-08-2010, 03:15
OK, so I was thinking about starting Eldar a while back (and still want to!) and I saw a really neat box that came with like an Autarch, some Dire Avengers and a few Wave Serpents and Falcons I believe. I cant seem to find it anymore though. Does anyone know where I can find one of these, and what the set is called?

Thanks

FashaTheDog
31-08-2010, 03:24
This may be similar, but the set you are looking for is also out of print:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1170009

Your best bet is to either comb ebay or buy separate. I am usually a fan of the latter as only a handful of the boxes are really a deal, such as the Dark Eldar set, the Green Tide (OOP), and Battle Company (OOP). The other advantage to the former choice is being able to get exactly what you want and not have that one extra unit you never use outside of Apocalypse.

chromedog
31-08-2010, 03:27
They are a splash release ONLY for the 'new' release of an army.

That was the one for the last codex release.
You might find one here or there around the traps at an independent store, but GW no longer have them in stock.

ChrisMurray
31-08-2010, 09:31
This may interest you, right here on warseer. It's a couple of weeks old so it may not be availible anymore, but it's definately a good deal.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270858

sonofwaranddeath
31-08-2010, 11:57
Thanks everyone. I really wanted that set. Oh well.

Thanks Chris, I sent that guy a pm.

mrln68
31-08-2010, 15:06
I ended up picking up three of them a year ago by taking the Independent Retailer listing in the back of an old White Dwarf and calling around. Took me a bit to find them, but I needed 3 of the Autarchs from the box for a customer. The rest of the stuff was used as well to one point or another.

If you really want it - I am sure there are still a few out there gathering dust. For some reason it seems that that box has spent the most time on the shelves.

sonofwaranddeath
31-08-2010, 20:29
I ended up picking up three of them a year ago by taking the Independent Retailer listing in the back of an old White Dwarf and calling around. Took me a bit to find them, but I needed 3 of the Autarchs from the box for a customer. The rest of the stuff was used as well to one point or another.

If you really want it - I am sure there are still a few out there gathering dust. For some reason it seems that that box has spent the most time on the shelves.

Thanks. I will have to do some looking then. Do you, or anyone, know the name of the box thought? Like Eldar (insert name) ....

Sorros
31-08-2010, 20:30
I think its called "Eldar Army". As opposed to a battalion as they already have those.

sonofwaranddeath
31-08-2010, 20:40
I think its called "Eldar Army". As opposed to a battalion as they already have those.

I just checked, the "Eldar Army" is the set they still sell which isnt similar to what I was looking for. This is like 2 Dire Avengers Squad, Autarch, and Wave Serpents/Falcons. I dont think there were any guardians, bikes, etc...

ChrisMurray
31-08-2010, 23:12
Yeah, they did do that box set, I've tried hunting on google for it but can't find it. They stopped selling them quite a long time ago I'm affraid. The boxset (I can't remember the name) contained:
1 autach (or it could have been a farseer)
2 squads of dire avengers (I can't remember if the were 5 or 10 man)
2 wave serpents
3 falcon grav tanks

the set was a complete 1500 point army if I remember correctly.

sonofwaranddeath
01-09-2010, 02:38
Yeah, they did do that box set, I've tried hunting on google for it but can't find it. They stopped selling them quite a long time ago I'm affraid. The boxset (I can't remember the name) contained:
1 autach
2 squads of dire avengers (I can't remember if the were 5 or 10 man)
2 wave serpents
3 falcon grav tanks

the set was a complete 1500 point army if I remember correctly.

Yup, that is the one. Oh well, guess I will be picking the models up individually, as that is exactly what I want to base my Eldar off of.

Thanks for the help guys!

JollyGoodChap
01-09-2010, 02:55
Was it the Eldar army box that was in one of the old 'Craftworld Eldar' blue boxes?

chromedog
01-09-2010, 12:01
The ONLY box with an autarch was for the 4th ed codex release.
The Eldar didn't have Autarchs when the Craftworld codex was available.

That particular autarch in that army box was ONLY available in that box. It was never made available from GW separately (although may be found on fleabay at vastly ridiculous prices).

mrln68
01-09-2010, 13:16
Yah - the Autarch Box had one 10 man DA, 1 box of Fire Dragons, 1 box of Banshees, 1 10 man Guardian, 1 Wraithlord, 1 Vyper and one grav tank (forget it it was Falcon or Wave serpant...thinking Falcon though). Might still have an empty box someplace that has the whole thing in it.

sonofwaranddeath
01-09-2010, 23:14
Well, if it wasnt an Autarch (which I think it was...) it was some IC.