PDA

View Full Version : lizardmen 2000 vs daemons, HE, dwarfs, vamps and ogres

Ninja1761
31-08-2010, 11:15
Hi there

i am about to go through a few weeks with my friends, each has a different army and a different stright up tactic. they are a combat focused daemons army (prince, lots of bloodletters, seekers and juggernaughts) a gunline dwarf force, a vampire magic focused army, an all round High elf army and lastly an ogre army.

i don't know which i will be facing when, apart from ogres which will be last, so i cannot exactly tailor my lizards one way or another.
so without further adoo.....

Lord
Slann the magnificent battletoad
extra dice
all spells
ereathal
plaque of protection
flying carpet
cupped hands

expensive, but hopefully should survive. i'm thinking life for spells

Heroes

Scarvet
light armour, shield

scarvet
light armour, shield

skink chief
terradon
sun staff

scarvets hang with the saurus, chief with terradons

Core

Saurus-19
muso
standard

Saurus-19
muso
standard

Skink skirmishers-15
javalins

skink skirmishers-15
javalins

special

steg

steg

4 terradosn

so.... i need suggestions.
i'm tentative about salamanders, 2 of the armies will be wounded on 5's with their toughness 4, but the undead and elves will die in droves.

stegs are for additional range and to run into the sides of things. hopefully.

any help would be appreciated
Ninja1761

Ninja1761
01-09-2010, 22:28
help?...
anybody?.....

Please?.........

Ninja1761
02-09-2010, 09:46
guys, 48 views no responses? seriously?
i do need help here... please, PLEASE help me.

Ninja1761
03-09-2010, 10:31
78!

78 views with no responses!

is there a record or something, cause i think i'd be close to breaking it.

and i know this list isn't so good it doesn't need advice, so will someone please help me!

i mean, i have 100 pts leftover from this lest for gods sake! do i give my scarvets items? if so, what?
do i put in more skinks?

ANY help would be usefull.

Ninja1761

Herminard
03-09-2010, 10:38
I will help you.

Lord
Slann the magnificent battletoad
extra dice
all spells
ereathal
plaque of protection
flying carpet
cupped hands

-This is in the category very hard. Not sure why you would want him to cast Life magic though, as you have almost no combat blocks and the signaturespell (regen) will be cancelled by his ward. Since he is Xpensive, casting dwellers will not cut it. I would suggest a cheap one. BSB, knows +1 spell, +1 die per cast and banner of Slann is LD10 is 330 points. You could add some gear if you want to, but a Slann below 350 points is cooler to play against-

Heroes

Scarvet
light armour, shield

-why???-

scarvet
light armour, shield

-why????-

skink chief
terradon
sun staff

-nice idea for a fluffy army. will disappoint you-

Core

Saurus-19
muso
standard

-these are good, but a bit to small. Dropping both the Scar vets and skink chief should boost their numbers-

Saurus-19
muso
standard

-ditto-

Skink skirmishers-15
javalins

-Blowpipes are better I think. Minimum size is 10. They are here to die.-

skink skirmishers-15
javalins

special

steg

steg

-Solid choices. Might get a bit of a rough time against Dwarfs, but keep em close to your BSB Slann and they will litterally never break-

4 terradosn
-will get shot to pieces-

So what to drop?

- Scar Vets (drop atleast one. If you want to go funhammer, keep one and give him some decent equipment)

- Skink Chief is out.

- Skink javelineers are out.

- Bloating equipment on Slann is out (I know it can be very good. But also very very boring to play. Dont go there)

So, whats in?

- More saurus.

- 2 units of chameleons (5 is 60 points. March and shoot 20 long range shots on 6es. Kills warmachines)

- Salamanders (I like units of 2. Makes them able to get decent shots off. Even against Dwarfs. And they can fight ok)

-H-

Herminard
03-09-2010, 10:43
Perhaps something like this?

1 Lord: 315 Pts. 15.7%
0 Hero
3 Core Units: 771 Pts. 38.5%
4 Elite Units: 614 Pts. 30.7%
2 Rare Units: 300 Pts. 15.0%

Slann Mage-Priest, General, The Focused Rumination, Plaque of Tepok, BSB, Lore of Life - 315 Pts.

30 Saurus Warriors, M, S - 348 Pts.
15 Skinks - 75 Pts.

Stegadon - 235 Pts.
Stegadon - 235 Pts.
6 Chameleon Skinks - 72 Pts.
6 Chameleon Skinks - 72 Pts.

2 Salamander - 150 Pts.
2 Salamander - 150 Pts.

Total: 2000

Herminard
03-09-2010, 11:01
This should be played as a combined arms army. Skink Cohort is there as meatshield for Slann. Using Lore of Life with all its abilities, that should be a little bit of a nut to crack with shooting. Making it impossible to shoot your Slann will only make your opponent focus on your Salamanders, Saurus and Stegadons. Let him think that he has a decent shot at your Slann instead.

Roles:

Slann - LD generator; magic

Saurus - can be deployed from 5 wide to 10 wide depending on machup. Decent meatgrinders. Very good with certain buffs up.

Skink Cohort - ablaptive armour for Slann. Throwaway unit for redirecting big bad units. Can get some decent shots in on high T low armour opponents.

Stegs - your multitool hammer and anvil. Can take cheeky shots with their big bow if .. say.. the flank of say White Lions or Juggernaughts should present itself. Two shots on 4+.. could be something :)

Chameleons - Kills warmachines. Scares things like Vargulfs and Deamon Princes. Harasses elites. Sets up T2/3 countercharges from you fighting units.

Salamanders - Can take T1 shots if enemy moved up. Very scary potential. Good supportive chargers//charging opponents supportive units (flank + charge = +2 CR).

H

Ninja1761
03-09-2010, 11:08
cheers herminard.

1st question, banner of slann leadership 10?is this the banner of discipline?

2nd, the terradons work wonders, vanguard movement of 12 gets them halfway across the board then if i move first i can move them past their armies gunline. droping rocks on a troop unit, 5d3 strength 4 hits cuts them down a little and can get panic tests, before proceeding to blast appart warmachines and lone mages with 4 poisoned attacks and 3 strength 5 attacks. used it before, worked.

4th, saurus warriors in 6X5 or 5X6?

5th, i like javaskinks, they can move 12 inches and fire 12 inches, with only a -1 to their to hit score. blowskinks get -1 if they move, -1 because of multiple shots and -1 due to long range. bye bye poison attacks.

lastly, should i bunker him in temple guard?

cheers for advice

3rd, i understand about the saurus scarvets

bfeijter
03-09-2010, 11:16
you dont HAVE to do multiple shots with blowpipes
Basicly. if you moved, dont use it. if you didnt. use it :) just make sure you keep poisoned attacks while maximizing your dice for more chances on 6s

if you dont go ethereal with slann then i would put him in TG yes.
if in temple guard i would also give him lore of life (throne of vines)and cupped hands 100% of the time since you dont wanna blow up your TG unit + slann

Herminard
03-09-2010, 11:50
1st question, banner of slann leadership 10?is this the banner of discipline?

-yes-

2nd, the terradons work wonders, vanguard movement of 12 gets them halfway across the board then if i move first i can move them past their armies gunline. droping rocks on a troop unit, 5d3 strength 4 hits cuts them down a little and can get panic tests, before proceeding to blast appart warmachines and lone mages with 4 poisoned attacks and 3 strength 5 attacks. used it before, worked.

-Small shooting will kill them. Your numbers include your Skink Chief. If you want to go cool. Bring a Skink Chief with Shield of you cannot shoot me and a sword of might or spear. Spend the 120 points from Terradons on 2 units of Chamos (easily converted from skinks). Scouting > Vanguard-

4th, saurus warriors in 6X5 or 5X6?

-I preferr 6X5. If you face a proper speedbump (slaves, slayers, flagellants etc), you could always go 10x3 and watch the carnage-

5th, i like javaskinks, they can move 12 inches and fire 12 inches, with only a -1 to their to hit score. blowskinks get -1 if they move, -1 because of multiple shots and -1 due to long range. bye bye poison attacks.

-Not for Chamoskinks. Besides. In the 8th ed environment, the units that used to be around for your small shooters to take out, arent really around anymore. Also, their redirecting and baiting game is almost gone. You want to invest you points in fighting units. Promise.-

lastly, should i bunker him in temple guard?

-Dunno. I prefer not to. But thats just because I like to play a little risky. TG are very good. Also quite expensive for 2k. And White Lions, Sword Masters, Tyrant w/Iron Guts, Bloodletters and Grudge Throwers will all be aiming for that big block of troops that cannot flee. Ensuring them that they will be killed to the last gekko should they enter combat.

In short; Temple Guards are a very powerful and very expensive unit - that is also a deathtrap when facing certain opponents.

Also, they are quite boring to play. Bit like facing dual steamtanks really. Either you can handle them (sometimes with ease), or you simply cannot. Kind of leaves the exitement out of it, I think.-

3rd, i understand about the saurus scarvets

- For 113 points you get the 1+ armour, mounted scar vet that haunted 7th edition. He is still a very very good buy. Having 1 or 2 of those with some cool gear (crown of command is cool) and some Saurus Cav is a cool idea. Not gamewinning cool, but fun to play cool.

Best of luck,

H

Ninja1761
03-09-2010, 12:26
um... shield of you can't shoot me?

Herminard
03-09-2010, 12:30
Skink Chief
+ Terradon
+ Sword of Might, Luckstone, Shield of Ptolos
- - - >135 Points

Not supergood though

Ninja1761
03-09-2010, 12:45
um, herminard... i am looking in the 8th ed rulebook and 7th ed lizardmen book and see no ptolos.

anyway, thanks for the help, i have a new list

lord

Battletoad
focused rumnation
focus of mystery
bsb
standard of disceplin
cupped hands
light magic

Heroes

scarvet
cold one
ogreblade
light armour

skink priest
plaque of topek

Core

saurus-30
standard
muso

saurus-30
standard
muso

skink skirmishers-10

skink skirmishers-10

special

steg

chamo skinks-5

chamo skinks-5

rare

salamanders-2
extra handlers

so... Ninja1761 do good?...

any advice is welcome :)

Herminard
03-09-2010, 12:53
Scar Vet would like a shield. Or get a Great weapon and gamblersarmour/armour of fortune. Against shooty armies he is in for trouble. No need for skink priest. None at all. To drop them both for a second Steg would also be good. Or drop skink, give Slann tepoc and shave off something else for 5 Saurus Cav for your Scar Vet.

Herminard
03-09-2010, 12:57
Hmm.. thats 1991 points for your list..

Herminard
03-09-2010, 12:59
Slann Mage-Priest, General, The Focused Rumination, Plaque of Tepok, BSB, Std. of Discipline, Lore of Life- 330 Pts.

Saurus Scar-Veteran, Shield, LA, CO, Potion of Strength - 133 Pts.

31 Saurus Warriors, M, S - 359 Pts.
10 Skink Skirmishers - 70 Pts.
10 Skink Skirmishers - 70 Pts.

Stegadon - 235 Pts.
5 CO Cavalry, M - 185 Pts.
5 Chameleon Skinks - 60 Pts.

2 Salamander - 150 Pts.

.. I think this one is better;

Slann Mage-Priest, General, The Focused Rumination, Plaque of Tepok, BSB, Std. of Discipline, Lore of Life- 330 Pts.

12 Skink Skirmishers - 84 Pts.

Stegadon - 235 Pts.
Stegadon - 235 Pts.

2 Salamander - 150 Pts.
2 Salamander - 150 Pts.