PDA

View Full Version : 750 PT High Elves Tourney List

Godswildcard
31-08-2010, 11:22
Hello Everyone! My FLGS is having a 750 pt. IOB launch tourney this Saturday and I'm trying to get my High Elves ready to go. I'm needing the input of you more experienced HE players out there, as I have yet to play them at that level (usually bigger games). I am fairly new to the area, so I'm not really sure what to expect. I'd say that WoC and Empire are fairly safe bets. Here is my list at the moment:

Hero
Level 2 Mage (Lore of ?....Metal?...)
-Guardian Pheonix, Silver Wand

Core
15x Spearmen w/ Full Command
-Lion Standard

Spec.
Lion Chariot of Chrace

Spec.
8x Swordmasters of Hoeth w/ Full Command
-Banner of Eternal Flame (points filler)

Rare
Repeater Bolt Thrower

That all comes out to exactly 750 points. I had thought about a lot of different builds, but I really wanted a RBT in there, and this was pretty much the only way to make that happen. I'm also wishing that I had enough points to throw in an eagle or some reavers for WM hunting, although a unit of 5 reavers with no upgrades comes out to about 85 points. I've heard such mixed reviews about the SM, I was really arguing about if I should include them at all. If I dropped them I could run some reavers with points left over to turn the spearmen into 18 Lothern Sea Guard with full command and the lion standard. More versatile, but I still wouldn't have a whole lot of options as far as heavy hitting goes. If I went that route I would certainly go with High Magic on the mage, which would give him 4 spells (Drain Magic+ 3 others) I could certainly use some ideas.