PDA

View Full Version : 2500 points of DOC

skabradisdead
31-08-2010, 12:18
Here is my list of an upcoming tourney. Have 60 points left over. Ideas? What do you think?

Heroes:
Herald of Tzeencth , Master os Sorcery, Spell Breaker

Herald of Nurgle, Wizard, Stream of Bile, Noxious Vapors

Herald of Khorne

Core:

30 Horrors of Tzeentch with Cmd and Icon of Sorcery

30 Blood Letters of Khorne with Cmd

30 Plague Bearers of Nurgle with Command and Standard of Seeping Decay

Special:

5 Screamers of Tzeentch

Rare:
8 Fiends of Slaanesh
4 flamers of Tzeentch

Godswildcard
31-08-2010, 13:30
How about giving your herald of Khorne obsidian armour? Can you do that? I think so, but I don't have the book in front of me....
Also, I'm not sure if it might be just me, but I'm really thinking that you'd be better served with a unit of bloodcrushers rather than the plaguebearers. Yes, the plaguebearers are a tough unit, but bloodcrushers with the hearld of khorne on a juggernaught is pretty much wrong. They MUST be dealt with at range or you will kill something, and thanks to their special rules they are great at taking out knights and the such, let alone infantry blocks (just avoid hordes if you can.)
Bump up the screamers to 6 and run two groups of three. There is more there to shoot at, and you really only need a few to effectively kill a war machine with a str. 5 fly over. OR you can keep them in one big group (which is a little more tempting to target).
More flamers? I like 6.....6D6 shots....HUZZAH!
These are just my thoughts. hope at least some of it helps.

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
31-08-2010, 13:43
you need a bsb
I have deamons and thought I didn't need one
I was wrong

Godswildcard
31-08-2010, 13:48
Yeah, I second the BSB. Should've thought about it before.

in 3000 pts My buddy runs 4x Bloodcrushers with full command, Herald of Khorne BSB on jugger and the Icon of Chaos Glory, and Skulltaker on jugger (for a 0+ AS). Yes, all of his eggs are in one basket, but its an adamatium covered basket with spikes and lava and children's tears.

skabradisdead
31-08-2010, 21:56
HOK actually has obsidian armour. Whoops...
Forgot about a Bsb... I got the fiends instead of crushers... You guys think they are better?

Godswildcard
31-08-2010, 23:17
I think that fiends are actually pretty good, you just have to be careful with them. If you can get a unit into combat with something, it can be pretty nasty to watch them go to work. However, you have to work especially hard to keep them from getting charged or shot at. Otherwise, if you're more comfortable with them, go for it. I like the juggers because they get a nice 3+ armor save (or is it 4+?) and a 5+ ward save. really tough nut to crack, in addition to being monstrous calvary, etc, etc....

skabradisdead
01-09-2010, 07:13
hmmm that is a good point... I like that fiends charge something like a million inches a turn so hopefully they can get out of shooting sooner than later... Also can't take more Flamers without dropping fiends because of points.