PDA

View Full Version : Ard Boyz Dwarfs

Tordeck
31-08-2010, 15:03
Planning ahead to next year as I'll have to collect this slowly as I am already playing Skaven and just got my wife into Wood Elves.

I'm not 100% its legal so if its not please help me adjust it so it is. The dwarf book is a little odd to read.

Lords - 683
Runelord
3 x Spelleater Rune
Shield

Runelord
Anvil of Doom
Shield
3 x Rune of Spellbreaking

Heroes - 691
Thane
BSB
Shield
Rune of Valaya

Runesmith
Rune of Balance
Shield

Runesmith
Rune of Spellbinding
Shield

Master Engineer
Rune of Stone
Handgun

Master Engineer
Rune of Stone
Handgun

Master Engineer
Rune of Stone
Handgun

Rare - 480
4 x Organ Gun

Special - 1100
6 x Cannon
6 x Engineer
6 x Handgun

8 x Boltthrower
4 x Engineer
4 x Handgun

Core - 753
Thunders x 20
Std
Musi
Shields

Thunders x 20
Std
Musi
Shields

Warriors x 12
Std
Musi
Shields

immortal git
31-08-2010, 15:48
cant have more than three types of the same special choice mate, so the cannons are illegal, what are the rules for bolt throwers in the dwarf book, is it up to two for each special choice?

Also this looks boring to play against to be honest.

Kirasu
31-08-2010, 15:51
Should check out the 'ard boyz rules :p Its using a grand army and yes its incredibly boring and super expensive to build for 1 tournament

But thats why you borrow stuff!

phoenixcrh
31-08-2010, 16:25
Do you really need 8 dispel dice with +5 to each roll and 6 dispel scroll runes?

Your list comes out to around 3700 points, is it a 4k tournament?

Your BSB cant have a shield.

8 bolt throwers will be useless with TLoS and of 6 cannons statistically you should lose 2 to misfire each game without the rune of forging.

And I know you have alot of shooting but as soon as any CC troops reach you will fall apart.

My advice lose an ME, a runelord, some dispel scroll runes, 6 BTs and 2 cannons for some combat troops such as ironbreakers or hammerers.

GL for the tourny :)

Tordeck
31-08-2010, 16:36
Do you really need 8 dispel dice with +5 to each roll and 6 dispel scroll runes?
its Ard Boyz WOC w/ Gateway, Skaven w/ 13th, Lizards and empire w/ Life magic dominated this year, so yes.

Your list comes out to around 3700 points, is it a 4k tournament?
bad math will lose 700 pts to make list legal

Your BSB cant have a shield.
dont have the book in front of me, can you explain why cuz i didnt see anywhere where it said it couldnt.

8 bolt throwers will be useless with TLoS and of 6 cannons statistically you should lose 2 to misfire each game without the rune of forging.
at least this year Ard Boys terrain was trees and hills, no los issue there. and 2 in an entire game isnt bad odds IMO

And I know you have alot of shooting but as soon as any CC troops reach you will fall apart. idea is to decimate before they can get there.

My advice lose an ME, a runelord, some dispel scroll runes, 6 BTs and 2 cannons for some combat troops such as ironbreakers or hammerers.
looking for a gunline army - no CC specific troops need apply warriors are only there for the BSB and to fill points alotment.

GL for the tourny :)
ty

Jericho
31-08-2010, 16:44
Master Engineers x3 will help with that.

Anyway I agree on the Bolt Throwers. I'd mix in some S4 Stone Throwers if possible.

Re: BSB, the Dwarf book is one of the old ones where they can't use mundane equipment upgrades if given the BSB, sadly.