PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos Conflict Army 1250

Archaon999
31-08-2010, 23:16
Hi im entering a GamesWorkshop First timers tournament and here is my list.

Lords

-----

Heroes

Chaos Sorcerer Lvl 2 - 260

Chariot, Collar Of Khorne (lol), Spell Familiar, Enchanted sheild.

CORE

20 Warriors of Chaos Hw/Sheild - 360

Full Command
MoS (mark of Slaanesh)

30 Mauraders with flails - 200

Full command

10 Marauder horsemen with flails - 220

Light armour, full command, mark of khorne,

SPECIAL

------

RARE

1 HellCannon

I like it because it has Magic, Chariot, Monster/Stone thrower, Fast Calvary but still a couple of nice strong units of fighters.

Any feed back would be awesome. Thanx

AMWOOD co
01-09-2010, 01:25
Heroes

Chaos Sorcerer Lvl 2 - 260

Chariot, Collar Of Khorne (lol), Spell Familiar, Enchanted sheild.

Isn't this guy 5 pts over his item alotment? I don't have my book at the moment but I'm pretty sure those items are 25+15+15.

That being said, I'd use the Ironcurse Icon instead of the Collar of Khorne on a Chariot rider. If the chariot is Tzeentch (same net cost then), then the wizard will have his ward against warmachines and still have a 1+ armour save, but the chariot will have 5+ against machines. Then again, it's your army, not mine.

Have fun at the tourney!

Archaon999
02-09-2010, 11:50
Thanks for your input. its actually 15+25+5 but i actually dont need the enchanted shield. Anymore input from any one would be greatly appreciated

AMWOOD co
02-09-2010, 12:46
Just so you can avoid confusion in the future:

...If a magic item is listed both here and in your Warhammer Armies Book, use the points value printed with the latter...

The Enchanted Shield is listed as 15 points in the Warriors of Chaos Book rather than the Rulebook's 5 points. Even High Elves have to pay 10 for it and they're supposed to have items for cheap.

Odin
02-09-2010, 12:50
Just so you can avoid confusion in the future:

The Enchanted Shield is listed as 15 points in the Warriors of Chaos Book rather than the Rulebook's 5 points. Even High Elves have to pay 10 for it and they're supposed to have items for cheap.

QFT

It's a mistake I made early on, but the enchanted shield definitely costs 15 points for WoC.

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
02-09-2010, 13:32
The sorcerer will last a lot longer off that chariot and in a block.
With little magic it probably won't go through so I wouldn't bother unless you make him a caddy.
Chariots suck big time in the new game unless they are numerous or well backed up.
Mark of Kh on the marauders is sweet.
You badly need a Bsb-they are the rock of a grinding army.I use 4+ ward, MoTz and flail.
Helcannon-is there a better 205 pts anywhere? I think not.Great for squishing characters in cc.

Dan

theSkullduggery1
02-09-2010, 16:30
I disagree with a part of the last post, a BSB with no items leaves only 177.5 points for the hero slot at a 1250 level and your BSB can't be the general so you need a second hero (not to mention you should armor-up BSBs).

The only way I can see you feasibly getting a BSB in the list is if you have your general be a lord, but then you will use up a lot of your points on just two heroes and have a small army.

lomore
02-09-2010, 23:31
I suggest you change the warriors to the Mark of Tzeentch if you're using Hw/shield for a 5+ parry save.

AussieLauren
03-09-2010, 12:38
Maybe shave the marauder cheiftan to give Tz to the warriors? 5+ ward save in combat is pretty nice.

I agree that th BSB is tricky to fit in at 1250 points; I'm not taking one :)

Archaon999
04-09-2010, 12:22
i made a new thread with an updated list
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274548