PDA

View Full Version : The Thunderhoof Clan (Beastmen 4000)

Triple7s
01-09-2010, 13:10
Ok, so the theme is Tzeentch oriented Beastmen, quite Minotaur heavy, with some core units that can either be ambush or bog standard.

Lords
Doombull, Gnarled Hide, Trollhide, Dragonbane Gem = 305
Doombull, Crown of Command, Armour of Silvered Steel = 315
Great Shaman, Level 4, Power Scroll, Talisman of Preservation = 315

Heroes
Wargor, Heavy Armour, Shield, Everbleed = 116
Gorebull, BSB, Heavy Armour, Beast Banner = 268

Core
29 Gors with Shields and Full Command = 257 (Ambush unit)
29 Gors with Shields and Full Command = 257 (Great Shaman here)
29 Gors with Shields and Full Command = 257 (Ambush unit)
30 Gors with Shields and Full Command = 265
39 Gors with Shields and Full Command = 337 (Wargor here)

Special
6 Minotaurs, Musician and Standard bearer, Great Weapons = 408 (BSB and Doombull 1 here)
5 Minotaurs, Musician and Standard bearer, Great Weapons = 345 (Doombull 2 here)

Rare
Cygor = 275
Cygor = 275

Total 3995

Taureus
01-09-2010, 14:35
Those minotaur units will get wrecked in the shooting phase...

But otherwise it looks like a smashingly fun list.

Triple7s
01-09-2010, 14:51
Yes, shooting and combat does concern me somewhat with the minotaurs, having the crappy save that they do. I had to do a double take when I saw their saving throw, really doesnt make sense to me.

Matt1982
01-09-2010, 15:15
Have to ask, why take the Trollhide Armour over the Armour of Destiny from the core rulebook?

Trollhide - light armour, gives regen
Destiny - heavy armour, gives 4+ward

Both the same price but the ward isn't negated by flaming attacks. I see you've taken the Dragonbane gem too but then your just spending more for little reward. I can see why no magic weapons for either Doombull, they're killing machines as they are but not even an additional hand weapon?

I've never seen a Beasts list with Everbleed in it, why that weapon in particular for the Wargor?

Next question is why the Beasts banner on a Minotaur unit that's wielding great weapons? That's S8 minotaurs!! Fair enough that's pretty impressive but it's a bit of an overkill. On the point of the BSB though, gnarled hide is really great for boosting a BSB's armour to keep him alive as you can take up to 50 points worth of gifts as well as a magic banner.

If your going to have big expensive units, consider the following anti-shooting options: Ironcurse Icon, dirt cheap ward save for the unit against war machines. Chalice of Dark Rain, one turns protection against most shooting. Pelt of the Shadowgave, protection against shooting for one particular unit.

You might want to have a look at this forum which is dedicated to Beasts so plenty of helpful tips and such: http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?act=idx

Triple7s
02-09-2010, 19:52
Updated list - i've been looking over it, and decided there were some problems and unnecessary bits in the old list, so here goes V2.0

Lords
Doombull #1, Gnarled Hide, Heavy Armour, Brass Cleaver, Ramhorn Helm, Dawnstone, Other Trickster Shard = 347
Doombull #2, Many Limbed Fiend, Sword of Battle, Armour of Silvered Steel, Dragonbane Gem = 325
Great Bray Shaman, Level 4 Upgrade, Power Scroll, Talisman of Preservation = 315

Heroes
Wargor, Heavy Armour, Shield = 91
Gorebull, BSB with War Banner, Heavy Armour = 228

Core
3 x 30 Gors, Shields, Full Command = 265 Each
29 Gors, Shields, Full Command = 257
39 Gors, Shields, Full Command = 337

Special
6 Minotaurs, Musician and Standard Bearer, Great Weapons = 408
5 Minotaurs, Musician and Standard Bearer, Great Weapons = 345

Rare
2 Ghorgons = 275 Each