PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt WoC for a tournament.

Lostprophet217
01-09-2010, 15:33
My plan is to have the Marauders be the anvil with the BSB, then I have 2 choices for the hammer. Taking Lore of Death for the BSB, and sniping causing death and destruction with the lord on the disc.

Throgg (175 pts)

BSB (185 pts)
Mark of Tzeentch
Enchanted Shield
Book of Secrets

Sorcerer Lord (375 pts)
Mark of Tzeentch
Level 4
Disc of Tzeentch
Talisman of Preservation
Bloodcurdling Roar

Chaos Trolls x6 (270 pts)

Chaos Warriors x15 (288 pts)
Mark of Khorne, Musician, Standard, Halberd

Chaos Marauders x29 (206 pts)
Mark of Tzeentch, Musician, Standard, Light Armour, and Shield

I am open to suggestions. I won my last local 2000 tournament, so people will be gunning for me.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
01-09-2010, 15:56
Nice list, only thing I can suggest is to drop a Troll (as you will still have 2 ranks with Throgg) and add in few more marauders, other than that good. Thinking about it, if you dropped the Roar as well you would have enough points to up them to 39 with 5pts leftover (something like Stone of Good Luck on the BSB), that would be quite nice. Its your list though, and its good already.

TheKingInYellow
01-09-2010, 16:03
I might consider swapping the anvil role to your warriors as they are much more survivable! Make the Warriors Tzeentch, HW+S, and the Marauders Khorne/GW.

I agree, drop one troll since Throgg is in that unit anyhow, as see if you can find the points for the Charmed Shield on the Disc Sorc.

Lostprophet217
01-09-2010, 16:44
That seems like a good idea with dropping the extra troll. Not sure what I will do with the extra points, but I will try out your suggestions before the actual tournament. Thanks.

Nathangonmad
01-09-2010, 21:32
I wouldn't bother dropping the extra troll, just deploy them 4 wide. Infact Id even consider dropping the halberds on the warriors ot fund an extra troll.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
02-09-2010, 10:44
I wouldn't bother dropping the extra troll, just deploy them 4 wide. Infact Id even consider dropping the halberds on the warriors ot fund an extra troll.

Are you insane? Halberds on khorne warriors are essential. And 4 wide trolls starts to get less manoeuvrable, and you won't always get them all into combat.