PDA

View Full Version : Parry saves vs attacks that ignore armor

Lostprophet217
01-09-2010, 18:06
I could not find a topic about this already so I will ask it.

Do you get a parry save against attacks that ignore armor (Troll breath attack)?

I know you still get the parry save against CC attacks that modify your save based on strength. And you do not get them against stomp / thunder stomp. I do not see why you would be allowed a parry save that ignores the armor and shield you are holding.

Korraz
01-09-2010, 18:08
All this is specified in the Parry-Rules.

Lostprophet217
01-09-2010, 18:11
Guess I will have to wait until I get home to my rule book to find out. It was just something i was thinking about while I was bored at work.

DarthStewie
01-09-2010, 18:37
I re-read the rule on Parry Saves and the question still stands. The rule is not clear on the kind of CC attacks.

Ultimate Life Form
01-09-2010, 18:41
I don't know where any question comes from. The Parry rules state exactly what happens. If you have HW/S, you have a 6+ Ward. Period. Any exceptions are listed.

Loopstah
01-09-2010, 18:43
I do not see why you would be allowed a parry save that ignores the armor and shield you are holding.

Because its a ward save not an armour save.

Casshole
03-09-2010, 09:45
I am having fun imaging the attempted parrying of troll vomit.

Lostprophet217
03-09-2010, 13:10
I am having fun imaging the attempted parrying of troll vomit.

I guess it acts as a splash guard, even though it will eat through the shield.

Kevlar
03-09-2010, 21:33
I guess it acts as a splash guard, even though it will eat through the shield.

Well you could always say it did eat through his shield, and he picked up one from one of his fellows who did not make the parry save, whose shield is still intact!

AussieLauren
03-09-2010, 21:58
I always had a bit more of a manga-esque "split the beam of deathiness with mah sword" kinda thing in my mind

Jericho
03-09-2010, 22:57
Doesn't the book specifically say something along the lines of "anything not a standard close combat attack is treated/allocated/whatever as a shooting attack" or something to that effect? Wouldn't this apply to breath weapons in combat?

Kevlar
04-09-2010, 00:15
Doesn't the book specifically say something along the lines of "anything not a standard close combat attack is treated/allocated/whatever as a shooting attack" or something to that effect? Wouldn't this apply to breath weapons in combat?

No, it only specifically rules out impact hits and stomps. Any other attack that can be used in close combat is fair game (RAW). I would think close combat attacks distributed as per shooting would not get the ward save, but that would be RAI.