PDA

View Full Version : Is this list really that cheesy?

Brady
01-09-2010, 18:55
I have a 2k High elf list made out of the models that I have, now apparently it's cheesy and I don't see why, Sure its immune to the magic phase (well at least the one unit is) but in the movement phase it can be outmanouvered, it can easily be shot to pieces and the seaguard can be taken out in the combat phase becuase I only have a six+ armour save and T3. Just win on combat res, kill the guy that makes me stubborn and even the BSB, then run me down. Well the question I ask you is: Is this list really that bad that it is constantly called cheesey?

+ Level 4 Archmage (Shadow/General)
- Dispel Scroll
- Talisman of Saphery
- Folariaths Robes

+ Noble
- BSB
- Banner of the World Dragon
- Shield
- Dragon Armour

+ Caradryan

+ Korhil

+ 40 Lothern Sea Guard
- Command
- Banner of Eternal Flame

+ Lion Chariot

+ Lion chariot

+ Great Eagle

+ Great EAgle

+ Bolt THrower

+ Bilt Thrower

Thanks for looking :)

Chaos Undecided
01-09-2010, 21:25
I think some armies could struggle against this particularly those without much in the way of range damage ability as the banner removes the main other method of horde killing i.e the unit killer spells like Dwellers etc, and the units quite a nasty prospect in combat just due to having to weather all those spear attacks.

A warmachine heavy force like Dwarves or Empire shouldnt have too much trouble with this list imo.

Oh and you should be getting a 5+ save on your seaguard shouldnt you?

Valek
01-09-2010, 21:32
Really dont see what is cheesy about this. Those seaguard are easy to template with warmachines, if that would have been 40 phoenix guard, that would be another ballgame...

you want cheesy here comes:

20 lothern with flaming banner
10 archers
10 archers

40 phoenix guard with standard of sorcery
In there Teclis, Caradhryan, Korhill and a bsb with worlddragon.

4 Eagles

just try to take out that block of point denial while teclis is blasting away at ya...

Lord of Divine Slaughter
01-09-2010, 22:25
Cheesy? No..

But whats wrong with a little variation?