PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Knight and the Dark Path...?

BobtheInquisitor
02-09-2010, 04:54
I just found this chap book in BL's archive (http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/Archive/Shadow-Knight-and-The-Dark-Path.html), but I don't remember this ever having been released at all. The cover makes it look like two short stories, one about the Night Lords and one about the Dark Eldar (or maybe Dark Elves?).

Is this possibly a release for Games Day or to coincide with the Dark Eldar release? Did I just completely miss this book back in 2009?

lijah_cuu
02-09-2010, 08:33
IIRC it was released for the Black Library Live event at Nottingham last year (or this year).

Dead.Blue.Clown
02-09-2010, 11:38
I just found this chap book in BL's archive (http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/Archive/Shadow-Knight-and-The-Dark-Path.html), but I don't remember this ever having been released at all. The cover makes it look like two short stories, one about the Night Lords and one about the Dark Eldar (or maybe Dark Elves?).

Is this possibly a release for Games Day or to coincide with the Dark Eldar release? Did I just completely miss this book back in 2009?

It was 2009's Black Library Live chapbook, with two stories: Shadow Knight is the prequel to Soul Hunter and the Night Lords series, and The Dark Path is tied into the Time of Legends elven novels.

I think there were only 500 copies made in all.

Danteng7
02-09-2010, 13:06
The Black Library Live Chapbook is a limited edition of 500 copies, and contains new stories by both Gav Thorpe and Aaron Dembski–Bowden.

Gav Thorpe’s tale ‘The Dark Path’, ties into the Sundering series and follows elven mage Prince Thyriol as he teaches his young students the arts of magic. But when rumours of sorcery emerge in Saphery, will Thyriol be able to keep his apprentices from following the dark path?

Aaron Dembski–Bowden’s ‘Shadow Knight’ gives a glimpse into a new Night Lords series coming in 2010, and shows us the journey of a normal child to become a deadly Chaos Space Marine. When a group of Blood Angels come to reclaim a holy artefact, these two old enemies will be thrust into combat again…

Its available during last year BL Live. I've an extra new and unread copy. PM me if you are interested.