PDA

View Full Version : 2400pt WE

xalfej
02-09-2010, 09:32
I've been tempted to dust off my WE to try them out in 8th. It would give me a fully painted army to play while I put the finishing touches on my OnG. But as well all know the army isn't the best suited for this edition. This is what I've come up with to try~

Spellweaver lvl4 - 350
Wand of the wych elm, talisman of protection, Lore of Life

Noble with BsB - 132
Asyendi's Bane, Hail of Doom Arrow , light armor

5x Glade Riders - 129
mus

5x Glade Riders - 129
mus

20x Glade Guard - 274
Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame

18x Glade Guard - 234
Standard, mus

7x Glade Guard Scouts - 97
standard

8x Dryads - 96

8x Dryads - 96

8x Dryads - 96

3x Treekin - 195

Treeman - 285

Treeman - 285

Total - 2398

Life caster trys to keep things steady, hopefully with re-rolling dispel dice I should be safe from most non IF magic. She will get stuck in with the 20 strong archer unit, the 18 strong unit will be somewhat close, deployed 9x2.

BSB goes in with the scouts and trys to stay near the treemen to keep them stubborn and re-rolling. Hopefully I can use my maneuverability to funnel enemies into me slowly, letting the shooting whittle things down to a manageable level and letting the tree's bash the units down.

Dryads will probably be used mostly as screens to scouts and treemen until a decent position can be made.

The fast cav heads for the back field to take out any big guns that could scare the big trees

So what do you guys think, can it work? Or am I better off just rushing to get a playable 2400pts of orcs?

~xalfej

Archaon999
02-09-2010, 12:05
I dont play wood elves but my friends does and i owuld advise take bigger units of glade gaurds and dryads and defiantly 6 treekin

Hope all goes well

xalfej
03-09-2010, 07:51
Anyone else? :D

~xalfej

VoodooJanus
03-09-2010, 08:09
drop the glade riders- they're absolutely useless this edition.

I'd actually split up your units of GG into sections of preferably 10, at most 16.

The scouts are overpriced, so I'd drop them too.

more adv. tomorrow

Herminard
03-09-2010, 12:09
If you dropped a level and the ward on your your weaver you could fit an Ancient with assorted spites. He should be a real monster with beastmagic, but lifemagic should be great aswell.

Also, I think the Divination Orb is a great item. Pity it is so hard to fit in..

Id definately drop the Gladeriders for another unit of Treekin. Esp with Life, they are great.

I think Scouts are ok, you need to get some preassure on your opponent early, and to take away focus from your bigger forest spirits. On the other hand, you could swap them for 2 Great Eagles now that they dont conted the Rares anymore?

goodz
03-09-2010, 19:01
Banner of eternal flame only gives flaming attacks in close combat. If you have treekin i would take them in place of the glade riders, if not i would replace the glade riders with more glade gaurd. It is sad but glade riders are terrible.

I would keep the scouts to hide your spellweaver in:)

A branchwraith with cluster of radients is always nice as well:)

Herminard
03-09-2010, 21:31
Could always keep the scouts and swap a unit of glade riders for eagles, and the other unit for beefing up dryads, glade guards, or getting a decent branchwraith.

jahorin
04-09-2010, 00:28
From the 2 times I've played with my wood elves in 8th, 12 is the best number for dryad, 2 rows of 6. With Ini 6 you will be able to dish out a lot of attack. For treekin, if life magic goes well 4 is quite enough. As the others said 10 or 12 is fine for the glade guard, 2 rows of 5 or 6 is fine. Or if you really want to field a big unit go for 20 with the banner of always stand and shoot if you get stuck in the action. Best of luck

macattack428
04-09-2010, 00:41
Banner of eternal flame only gives flaming attacks in close combat.

Banner of Eternal Flame absolutely gives flaming attacks to shooting.

I would put the BSB into a unit of wardancers. One more point per model and 100% better than scouts as a bunker.

Treekin are a must, I use a 2x2 block and it hits a like a rock, acts as a decent anvil, and only cost 260 points.

I would take out the riders and change them to Hawks. Same idea, but much better in this edition.