PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a 2500 WoC list

Citadel97501
02-09-2010, 09:44
I was experimenting with ways to make a list using both of my Disk models, and using Fear with the Mark of Nurgle here is what I came up with it seems good but I am concerned that it is to focused on dealing with war-machines. Yes, I know that shouldn't be possible for WoC, but take a look.

Everything has Strength 5 or more, and is very scary in close combat.

I would have a Hell Cannon, or 2 but sadly I don't own one yet.

I am considering dropping the Shield on the BSB to give him Favored of the gods since I have two War Shrines?

Sorcerer Lord (Goes in the unit of Chaos Knights.)
-General
-Mark of Nurgle
-Level 4
-Blood of Tzeentch
-Sword of Might
-Charmed Shield
-Talisman of Preservation
-Demonic Mount

Exalted Hero (Goes in the unit with the banner of wrath.)
-Mark of Nurgle
-BSB
-Sword of Shrieking
-Shield

Exalted Hero (War machine and elite unit hunting.)
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Sword of Swift Slaying
-Collar of Khorne
-Shield
-Disc of Tzeentch

Exalted Hero (War machine and elite unit hunting.)
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Shield
-Disk of Tzeentch
-Helm of Many Eyes
-Golden Eye of Tzeentch

12 x Warriors of Chaos
-Halberds
-Shields
-Musician, Banner
-Mark of Nurgle
-Wailing Banner

12 x Warriors of Chaos
-Halberds
-Shields
-Musician, Banner
-Mark of Nurgle
-Banner of Wrath

5 x Marauder Cavalry
-Light Armor
-Throwing Spears
-Flails
-Mark of Slaanesh

5 x Marauder Cavalry
-Light Armor
-Throwing Spears
-Flails
-Mark of Slaanesh

5 x Marauder Cavalry
-Light Armor
-Throwing Spears
-Flails
-Mark of Slaanesh

5 x Chaos Knights (Decent hammer unit they might be stubborn but they die.)
-Mark of Nurgle
-Banner & Musician
-Banner of Rage

Chaos War Shrine (I can switch out for Khorne Chariots easily.)
-Mark of Tzeentch

Chaos War Shrine (I can switch out for Khorne Chariots easily.)
-Mark of Tzeentch

NixonAsADaemonPrince
02-09-2010, 10:51
Ok, it's alright, just a few things:

Put your lord on a barded steed, the daemonic mount isn't worth the points.

Your BSB needs some more protection, I'd give him a ward item of some type.

Disc guys are fine.

Your Warriors need to be bigger, 18 preferably (one can be 17 due to the BSB).

I'd condense the horsemen a bit, have one unit of 10 and drop the other 5.

Up the knights if you can as you have only one unit of them, I'd like to see at least 6.

I'm not a fan of warshrines but it is personal preference, I'd go with unmarked chariots if possible (khorne is a bit expensive for only a few more attacks).

Hope this helps.

Citadel97501
02-09-2010, 11:20
Thanks for the assistance, the only reason the BSB lost some defenses is that I couldn't really scrounge the points but I can see dropping the war shrines/chariots for 6 more warriors per squad, and giving him the Opal Amulet (BRB), and the Dragon Helm.

I was mainly taking the Demonic Mount for its better strength, and fear just in case he is separate from the Knights. But if it works better I could drop it for the barded steed and use the extra points to add 4 more knights, giving me two ranks when he joins it?

In regards to the Chariots doesn't the Mark of Khorne nearly double the number of attacks from 6 to 10, since the mark is bought for the entire unit?

NixonAsADaemonPrince
02-09-2010, 11:28
Thanks for the assistance, the only reason the BSB lost some defenses is that I couldn't really scrounge the points but I can see dropping the war shrines/chariots for 6 more warriors per squad, and giving him the Opal Amulet (BRB), and the Dragon Helm.

I was mainly taking the Demonic Mount for its better strength, and fear just in case he is separate from the Knights. But if it works better I could drop it for the barded steed and use the extra points to add 4 more knights, giving me two ranks when he joins it?

In regards to the Chariots doesn't the Mark of Khorne nearly double the number of attacks from 6 to 10, since the mark is bought for the entire unit?

No probs. Fair enough, that sounds a good build for the BSB.

Go with the barded steed, 26pts for an extra pip of S and an extra attack isn't really worth it in my book (especially as it isn't barded). I'd only add a couple of extra knights, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

For the chariots, their main thing is their impact hits, so an extra 4 attacks never seemed worth it for a 25% point increase (as those points would get you an extra 1.125 impact hits [almost worth 2 chaos warriors attacks), an extra half chaos warriors attack and an extra half steed attack, so with the then decrease in survivability as there would be less of them I just don't see that it is worth it, better to keep them cheap in case they get hit by a cannon ball).

randomkrazy
03-09-2010, 00:29
Its a decent list. I agree with Nixon though you def need to up the number of warriors in each unit. Otherwise you'll have real problems with steadfast enemies that get lucky and slowly wear your warriors out.

Also as of 8th edition I've stopped using Marauder horsemen, they just don't pack a hard enough punch and get owned by basic shooting (crossbows/handgunners). They are a point sink. I'd rather use the points from them to add more knights or warriors.

Also I haven't used two warshrines on one unit yet but is it really worth it? It might be better to have two chariots or one of each as long as you support the chariot charge with a unit.

I don't know if your against using marauders on foot but they have been working really well for me. Especially in horde formation or in huge numbers. I'm running a unit of 50 naked with great weapons (sometimes with khorne). Another great way is with tzeentch and lt arm. and shield to get the 5+ 5+ in combat. The marauders seem to draw all the fire on the them, and that's important since losing 15 marauders is only 75 points compared to losing just 5 warriors at 80 points (which you def will if your opponent has warmachines or concentrates shooting). When you have a big unit like that the enemy just cant seem to kill enough before you reach his lines. If you put a character in the unit of marauders too it helps increase their killiness, so you'll just wear out your enemy and he can't claim steadfast on you.

Here's a link to what I've been running and it has been extremely successful: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273622

goodz
04-09-2010, 00:33
hmm i still feel like you don't have enough models on the board, I have not much enjoyed my marauder horsemen and i would consider dropping them in favour of more warriors! You also seem to have a lot of points in heroes

Stuffburger
04-09-2010, 00:52
From an O&G perspective this list isn't very scary- I could drop your cavalry units with shooting or stall them on my infantry blocks and the warrior units I could grind down in CC. What does scare me is 30+ strong marauders with MoK and flails/GWs and hellcannons. Both of these units got a boost with 8th and are your best bet for making a nasty list. The marauder horsemen units seem like they are meant for 7th edition- I'd either strip them down to just throwing spears for use as an annoyance march blocker and war machine killer or take them up to 12 for something that can do some serious CC damage.

Just some thoughts, I know you may not have the models for it though.