PDA

View Full Version : 1k WoC, Casual-- first list!

Bereaver
02-09-2010, 20:58
Just started WoC, and this army list is built entirely based on what models I currently own/have constructed, hence all the crap attached to the Marauders-- though I might drop the shields off the Marauders for a second unit of Warhounds.

Any advice would be more than welcomed!

EDIT: Glancing over it, I dropped the Shields from the Marauders to raise the Warhounds to a 7 man unit and add an Enchanted Shield to my Sorc Lord and a regular Shield to the Exalted Hero.

Lord:

Sorcerer Lord 250 pts
-Lore of Heavens
-Enchanted Shield

Hero:

Exalted Hero BSB 220 pts
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Talisman of Preservation
-Favor of the Gods
-Stream of Corruption
-Shield

Core:

12x Warriors 236 pts
-MoK, Halberds, Full Command

31x Marauders 236
-MoK, GW, LA, Full Command

7x Warhounds

Total: 1000/1000

KUMA
03-09-2010, 00:32
light armor on those Khorne marauders seems to me to be wasted points. put some more dogs in, or make the dogs into marauder HM

Slaarg
03-09-2010, 00:34
That's a lot of points in Characters, but I understand the models owned limitation:). I have used hounds a few times and never really felt they added much to the game, personally I prefer the debuffs from Lore of Shadow over Heavens. Also 12pts for shields on your Warriors is nice to weather any shooting. Just my 2 cents.

lomore
03-09-2010, 00:52
I think a lvl 2 sorc well geared is better than a lvl 3 almost naked (since it's on foot and you want to go in close combat with both your units).
It would raise a problem with the points for Lords / Heroes but playing Chaos lord + Mage you'll save alot of points.

Dunno if you have other models you dont have included in the list.

Instead than LA on marauders i would buy a magic standard for the warriors.

Bereaver
03-09-2010, 02:33
Basically I've got the Battalion Box + 31 Marauders, but my Chaos Knights aren't built yet because I'm doing some conversions on the bases, and I don't have the 20 Marauders from the box built yet because I'm still debating on what to equip them with.

I've got a Chaos Champion and the Sorcerer from Games Day 2010.

So Champion on foot, Sorc on foot, 31 Marauders (17 with Flails and 14 with HWS-- I was given these by a friend) 12 Chaos Warriors, and 10 Warhounds.

Looking at it, I can get a functionally equivalent Sorcerer by going with the Hero and upgrading to a level 3 for cheaper than a naked Sorcerer Lord. But it's just that I hit the opposite problem when I switch the two because I can't make a Lord a BSB, and I won't have the points left over to equip him at all.

I think the BSB exalted I have would actually be more effective in combat with the EOTG adjustment, 3+ Ward, 3+ AS, Breath Weapon, and BSB Rerolls.

It seems to me that the increase in functionality in that Exalted vs. a Naked Lord is so much more than the increase in functionality of a Level 3 Sorcerer vs a level 3 Sorc Lord.

And while yeah, Death or Shadows would probably be better than Heavens, I really don't want to be "that guy" that brought a Lord level caster with Lore of Death to a 1,000 point game. Plus I love Lore of Heavens, I just love it.

And if I DON'T take the Sorcerer Lord my Exalted can't be a BSB because, of course, he'd be the General.

Funny the how different list building is at 1,000.

If I get a unit of Chaos Knights up and some additional Marauders, I could just say screw it and make the jump to 1,500.

The real reason I was building this list was so that I could get a game going TODAY with the models I have built, but my partner for the game ended up not being able to play today, so I have a little more flexibility for my next game.

lomore
03-09-2010, 10:21
20 Marauders from the box built yet because I'm still debating on what to equip them with.

Probably now 99% of WoC lists run at least a big unit of Khorne Marauders with great weapons, so if you go with that equip you'll have a solid unit that you really can always play.

Looking at it, I can get a functionally equivalent Sorcerer by going with the Hero and upgrading to a level 3 for cheaper than a naked Sorcerer Lord. But it's just that I hit the opposite problem when I switch the two because I can't make a Lord a BSB, and I won't have the points left over to equip him at all.

Yeah you'd loose the BSB and probably isnt worth it. On the other hand if you put the sorc in a unit that goes in close combat with that equip he'll probably die very fast and he's your general and 25% of your army.

Funny the how different list building is at 1,000.

Yeah, i find it quite entertaining.

If you need to play almost 500 points of characters probably raising the army to 1500 is the best thing. That would bring to an entirely different list thou.

Have fun

theSkullduggery1
03-09-2010, 12:50
I have the same problem with creating characters at a 1000 point level, I feel that there should be a rule that if your army doesn't contain a lord you can have upto 35-40% of your army in heroes (I think I could get a sorc and a BSB with 350-400 points).

I am not willing to run a bare sorc or a near-bare lord as my general, it will die way too easily, but that is all we can affoard if you want a lord and it isn't realistic to fit two heroes in 250 points or they will both be bare.