PDA

View Full Version : 2400 Dark Elves

EndlessBug
03-09-2010, 08:48
Slowly upgrading all my armies to 8th ed. got Chaos and Lizies planned pretty much. Looking at my dark elves, this is what im planning:

Supreme Sorceress
- Lvl 4, 4+ ward item, Ironcurse icon, Sacrificial dagger

Sorceress
- Lvl 2, Dispel Scroll

Death Hag
- BSB, CoB

55 Warriors
- FC, shields, standard of discipline

20 Crossbowmen
- FC, shields

20 Black Guard
- FC, Razor standard, Crimson Death

24 Witch Elves
- FC, Banner of murder, Manbane

2 Hydras

TOTAL: 2400

tmarichards
03-09-2010, 10:48
Instead of taking the Razor Standard on the Black uard, take the Banner of Murder- it does exactly the same thing but is 20pts cheaper.

You need to list what lores you're going to use. My suggestion would be Shadow/Dark on the level 4 and Metal on the level 2.

The Ironcurse item won't be that much use tbh, but if you've got the points free then by all means do so.

55 warriors is just too many, it does mean you'll be Steadfast for ever but in the amount of time it would take an enemy to grind you out, they'll just kill the level 4 instead. Go with 30, and take anothe unit of 20 xbows with shields and full command if you can.

Also, units of 5 harpies will still help for hunting down war machines or even just shielding the Black Guard for a turn.

EndlessBug
03-09-2010, 11:11
the banner of murder is on the witch elves for that AP goodness :)

good point on the magic forgot that. Metal on lvl 2 is a good idea. not sure on shadow or dark, will experiment :)

it'sjust a spare 5 points. Better than another warrior. I'll be sacrificing a lot of them hence the high numbers. if i drop them to 39 then i can take 2 units of harpies too.

don't think ill be able to fit in another big Xbow unit.

tmarichards
03-09-2010, 11:32
Sorry, missed the banner on the Witch Elves.

My bad :(