PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Skaven Balanced

The Prince of Excess
04-09-2010, 01:03
This is what I'm thinking of building towards for my 2500 roster, I would love to get some feedback.

Warlord
Grey Seer w/ Dispel Scroll

Warlock Engineer w/ Lvl1 Upgrade and Warp-Energy Condenser
Chieftain w/ Storm Banner and Shield

25 Clanrats w/ Musician
25 Clanrats w/ Musician

50 Slaves
50 Slaves
50 Slaves
50 Slaves
50 Slaves

6 Rat Ogres w/ 3 Pack Masters

10 Gutter Runners w/ Poison and Slings
10 Gutter Runners w/ Poison and Slings

Doomwheel

Hell Pit Abomination
Hell Pit Abomination

Basic idea is the Clanrats are just bodies to protect the characters, nothing more. The Slaves go up front and absorb enemy blocks, so my combat threats can go around the flanks and get in the sides.

Gutter Runners are for warmachine duty and Wizard assassination, Doomwheel is for monster killing and the Aboms are just for killing. The Warlord stands around, ensuring I have a General in case my Grey Seer blows up, but I think he's wasted points.

My concerns are having three things with Compulsory movement, possibly wasting points on the Warlord (He's there so if I have to toss big dice at a spell, I can and not lose the game to it), and maybe having more Slaves than I can keep in my Leadership bubble.

One possible idea is dropping the Warlord and a Slave block to grab something that fights and can stand on it's own. I'd also love to snag the Earthing Rod but than I have nowhere to put a Scroll.

Opinions?

w3rm
04-09-2010, 15:01
Balanced with 2 HPA... Really?

The Prince of Excess
04-09-2010, 18:02
Balanced in terms of attack. Thanks for the useful advice....

Tarian
04-09-2010, 18:08
I'd say throw some templates in there to shoot at your slaves with, as I really, really hate getting into combat where I have slaves in the fight, as they give up a LOT of CR. Possibly drop a HPA (if you want) for some shooty stuff, like weapon teams and a WLC. Overall, looks solid though. (That is a LOT of models though.)

The Prince of Excess
04-09-2010, 22:27
The HPAs couple well with the Slaves, as they're Stubborn should worst come to worst. I'm also not finding Saves to be giving up that much CR, at least not enough that the HPA can't overcome against things it should be fighting.

If I gave up something big it would be the Doomwheel, as I really don't like the idea of 3 Compulsory Movement models. Sadly that leaves me with a large weakness to Monsters, which only a Cannon can really bother, and they're quite random. I suppose it's lucky less people use Dragons and such things now.

If I dropped the Wheel and Warlord I could grab a Cannon and maybe some Globadiers, who are reasonably good at killing multiple wound things. Beyond Magic, which I can't really buff anymore, multi-wound models are my biggest potential weakness.