PDA

View Full Version : Riderless War Alter

Alathir
04-09-2010, 10:14
An arch lecter on a war alter charges a unit of white lions. The white lions kill the lecter but the alter remains unharmed.

Question is what happens to the war alter, it is now riderless. Does it continue to fight and move normally, is it removed?

any help greatly appreciated.

Korraz
04-09-2010, 10:42
It's a chariot, it will function normally.

DaemonReign
04-09-2010, 23:33
It's a chariot, it will function normally.

And the Waltar did exactly this in 7th Ed as well - unlike all other chariots. It was a big surprice to me that instead of removing this singular exception they made the exception rule for all others.

There ought to be some differentiation here..

- A Blood Chariot of Khorne or a Cold One Chariot should cleary take some sort of monster-reaction test.
- Any chariot pulled by normal horses should simply flee to the board's edge or just be removed.

And so on..

*Just some thoughts*

Stumpy
05-09-2010, 00:11
Err, no. All other chariots act normally after the character is dead and its always been that way. There's assumed to be more crew, the war altar is the only case where there isn't normally but you can assume there's a squire or altarboy on there somewhere.

Casshole
05-09-2010, 13:51
I do believe the War Alter will lose its unbreakable ability, as that is conferred by the priest himself.

Tae
05-09-2010, 14:39
I do believe the War Alter will lose its unbreakable ability, as that is conferred by the priest himself.

Incorrect. p.53 Empire Army Book

"The Power of Sigmar: The divine protection of Sigmar makes both the War Altar and the Arch Lector Unbreakable"

(Emphasis mine)