PDA

View Full Version : orc bully armour save

sds661
04-09-2010, 11:38
An orc bully is attached to a goblin rock lobber (for example). He has light armour, while the rest of the crew does not. Can this be used against either ranged or close combat attacks? How?

Mid'ean
04-09-2010, 14:45
No, you use the armor save of the majority of the crew.

AMWOOD co
04-09-2010, 17:04
Mid'ean, on what do you base this? There is no rule that states that you use the majority armour save for a warmachine.

Now, I don't actually disagree, I think that is the most reasonable answer, but the exact wording is,

...the majority Toughness of the crew is used against close combat attacks. The crew's armour save (if any) is used against both ranged and close combat attacks.

What this means for bullies should have been ammended, but GW has included a number of oversights in the Greenskins' book.

This question also applies to the Anvil of Doom, actually, as a Runelord can be given that Rune that gives him a 1+ armour save. Would this affect the entire machine?

Because of the anvil, I'm tempted to say that you should choose the best armour save among the crew for the whole machine. It's a difficult decision.

sds661
05-09-2010, 00:22
Thanks for the responses. Along the lines I expected. Seems we will have to wait for official clarification on this one.

Mid'ean
05-09-2010, 02:09
Mid'ean, on what do you base this? There is no rule that states that you use the majority armour save for a warmachine.

Page 4, WH rulebook official update 1.0, second collum, 3rd question down. "When a unit has multiple toughness values or armor saves do you use the values of the majority, or in the case of a tie, the best?"

Answer: Yes, unless otherwise specified.

So you would use the goblins armor save (which is nothing..lol) as they are the majority of the unit.

Arnizipal
05-09-2010, 02:13
So you would use the goblins armor save (which is nothing..lol) as they are the majority of the unit.Until there's only a goblin and the bully left at least ;)

sds661
05-09-2010, 03:27
Until there's only a goblin and the bully left at least ;)

... at which point you suddenly get toughness 4 and a 6+ save to boot, it seems. Bizarre!

Thanks to all, I would never have hunted that down on my own!